dmize
Art Morte
McLewis
CBarca
urbaNRoots
16 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:01 pm

El Gunner wrote:
CBarca wrote:I'm just saying if any other player had a 60 point triple double, it probably would have been mentioned here by someone other than UrbaN, who doesn't post in the thread often, and fairly quickly.

Harden does and I doubt if Urban hadn't posted anything, anyone else would have (well I would have, I came into this thread expecting to make a point of it but Urban did so). The response here proves the point

Anyway, that's your 2017-2018 MVP James Harden

Probably.

But you could make a good case if Steph continues the way he has been going since returning from the injury table.

Dudes averaging 30 and 9, his defense is on par with curry's this year, if not better because hes a beast in the post. Shouldve won last year too, if not for all the stat compiling going on.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:04 pm

This clueless guy showing up out of nowhere.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Same player Laughing

Can't take anyone seriously who actually thinks that way.

They are vastly different with vastly different skillsets.

Theyre the same effin guy.  One passes a bit better, the other has better shot selection.  But you get more or less the same production in the same manner, at the same rate.  and neither is elite defensively.

Youre not creating any devastating mismatch with them out there, you cant really space the floor (although boogie will hit'em if you try him).

This isn't '07, Youre better off with a bunch of Kelly Olynyks and a some outside shooters than trying the whole twin towers thing

Last edited by FilthyLuca on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Freeza wrote:This clueless guy showing up out of nowhere.

I aint wrong though

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Yeah no...

There's point debating with somebody who thinks Cousins and Davis are not vastly different.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:17 pm

LOL....yeah "vastly" different

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:18 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:

I aint wrong though

You’re wrong in so many ways.

Doesn’t surprise me you’re a Harden fan.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Also anyone who watched us for more than 5 minutes knows Boogie and AD were very much working.

Our issue was we literally have zero wings which forced a 3 guard line up causing problems defensively against bigger and more athletic guards/wings

Not to mention we had no back up big to speak of, only people who force this narrative are ignorant fools.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Freeza wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:

I aint wrong though

You’re wrong in so many ways.

Doesn’t surprise me you’re a Harden fan.

No Harden fan, Just know basketball. not surprising youd just call me a Harden fan to write off what i said though. The guys been the best player in the league the last two years. Only knock someone can have is the # of FT he takes. and even then, that's a ref thing, not his problem.
Cant argue against his offensive production (which is historic by the way), and cant argue with his D this year either.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also anyone who watched us for more than 5 minutes knows Boogie and AD were very much working.

Our issue was we literally have zero wings which forced a 3 guard line up causing problems defensively against bigger and more athletic guards/wings

Not to mention we had no back up big to speak of, only people who force this narrative are ignorant fools.

You haven't beaten anybody who matters, and just because theyre both getting theirs, doesn't mean its working.  Ask Wade and Lebron. but I guess theyre both vastly different as well.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Also, You think youre going to fix your wing issue, paying AD and Boogie? Good luck

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:30 pm

Aye beat Houston (only team to beat them with CP and Harden) Boston, San Antonio, OKC and Cleveland but we've beaten nobody that matters.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Cousins and AD seemed to work very well together for me. And not in the 'twin towers' sense, they're never occupying the paint together. It's an intriguing partnership - and therefore a real shame Cousins got so badly injured.

That's no 'twin towers' stuff.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Aye beat Houston (only team to beat them with CP and Harden) Boston, San Antonio, OKC and Cleveland but we've beaten nobody that matters.

nice try buddy. Ill give you BOS and pulling it off in HOU. you don't get points for beating an SA team with Patty Mills and Danny Green starting or beating CLE period this year.

Point stands, you have 2 victories over significant opponents and a nice little streak before the injury. Would say it was working.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:39 pm

Art Morte wrote:Cousins and AD seemed to work very well together for me. And not in the 'twin towers' sense, they're never occupying the paint together. It's an intriguing partnership - and therefore a real shame Cousins got so badly injured.

True, not traditional twin towers. more ball skills and more athleticsm. I have seen Tim Duncan throw up lob passes though.

Last edited by FilthyLuca on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:40 pm

Art Morte wrote:Cousins and AD seemed to work very well together for me. And not in the 'twin towers' sense, they're never occupying the paint together. It's an intriguing partnership - and therefore a real shame Cousins got so badly injured.

Exactly not to mention they get theirs stuff is complete nonsense as well.

We are 2nd in assists and 8th in passes per game and you don't get that high in assists or passes per game if you have one or two players dominating the ball.

Again it's all complete nonsense.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Exactly not to mention they get theirs stuff is complete nonsense as well.

We are 2nd in assists and 8th in passes per game and you don't get that high in assists or passes per game if you have one or two players dominating the ball.

Again it's all complete nonsense.

Wasn't implying their being selfish, just that getting numbers doesn't mean their being successful.

My point is, youre going to have to decide. Pay Boggie or AD and trade the other for legit wing players. Or be hard headed, and try to win with two bigs and a Jrue Holiday level wingmen. Games about scoring nowadays, and at the pace the Pelicans play, they don't get enough outside scoring, point blank. Theyl get their lights shot out and not be able to keep up. Boogie and AD are Lebron and Wade. Lebron is a huge PG and and Wades a smaller than average SG. But they were both ball dominant perimeter players, with mediocre 3 point shots, therefore, they were the same player. that's what I'm saying here.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:53 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:
Wasn't implying their being selfish, just that getting numbers doesn't mean their being successful.

My point is, youre going to have to decide. Pay Boggie or AD and trade the other for legit wing players. Or be hard headed, and try to win with two bigs and a Jrue Holiday level wingmen. Games about scoring nowadays, and at the pace the Pelicans play, they don't get enough outside scoring, point blank. Theyl get their lights shot out and not be able to keep up. Boogie and AD are Lebron and Wade. Lebron is a huge PG and and Wades a smaller than average SG. But they were both ball dominant perimeter players, with mediocre 3 point shots, therefore, they were the same player. that's what I'm saying here.

Two bigs can work when they're exceptionally talented like Cousins and Davis. And when one of them plays like Cousins. Them together is not a problem, imo. And that Lebron and Wade comparison doesn't make sense. Such different cases.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pm

Art Morte wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:

My point is, youre going to have to decide.  Pay Boggie or AD and trade the other for legit wing players.  Or be hard headed, and try to win with two bigs and a Jrue Holiday level wingmen.  Games about scoring nowadays, and at the pace the Pelicans play, they don't get enough outside scoring, point blank.  Theyl  get their lights shot out and not be able to keep up.  Boogie and AD are Lebron and Wade.  Lebron is a huge PG and and Wades a smaller than average SG.  But they were both ball dominant perimeter players, with mediocre 3 point shots, therefore, they were the same player. that's what I'm saying here.

Two bigs can work when they're exceptionally talented like Cousins and Davis. And when one of them plays like Cousins. Them together is not a problem, imo. And that Lebron and Wade comparison doesn't make sense. Such different cases.

because just like only one of Wade and Lebron can have the ball at the same time.  Only one of Cousins and Davis can be in the paint at the same time in order for it to work.  And just like with Wade and Lebron, it takes away from the others game, however much you adjudge it to be.  And Cousins cant play D, very important. he's a sieve defensively.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:02 pm

You're initial post said they don't work because they are too similar.

It's wrong, if you want to change your argument to that financially we can't get them the help required and keep them that's a very different argument and one i'm willing to concede.

I don't know if will we ever get them the help because of stupid contracts given out in previous years, but honestly i'm willing to bet on it because losing one of them means we are Pheonix and the other soon leaves.

I would rather be a consistent playoff team with two great players than trade one of them to try and get more well rounded team and the likelihood is we suck.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You're initial post said they don't work because they are too similar.

It's wrong, if you want to change your argument to that financially we can't get them the help required and keep them that's a very different argument and one i'm willing to concede.

I don't know if will we ever get them the help because of stupid contracts given out in previous years, but honestly i'm willing to bet on it because losing one of them means we are Pheonix and the other soon leaves.

I would rather be a consistent playoff team with two great players than trade one of them to try and get more well rounded team and the likelihood is we suck.

My initial post was taking for granted that everything in basketball revolves around how much youre paid to do it, because of the cap.
What matters is winning the game together, not that Boogie and AD can put up numbers efficiently together.  no matter how well they play, theyre max players, that are taking away from each others production because they are the same player (no, not identical, but I think theyre numbers are similar for a reason. both traditional big men with above average ball skills and athleticism), without creating any significant mismatches (except that shit they do where theyre both at elbow). If Boogie could play D, maybe itd be different. They could slow the pace and impose themselves.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:24 pm

"Twin towers"

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1468/31/1468316298665.jpg
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:33 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You're initial post said they don't work because they are too similar.

My initial post was taking for granted that everything in basketball revolves around how much youre paid to do it, because of the cap.
What matters is winning the game together, not that Boogie and AD can put up numbers efficiently together.  no matter how well they play, theyre max players, that are taking away from each others production because they are the same player (no, not identical, but I think theyre numbers are similar for a reason. both traditional big men with above average ball skills and athleticism), without creating any significant mismatches (except that shit they do where theyre both at elbow). If Boogie could play D, maybe itd be different. They could slow the pace and impose themselves.

That's not really a problem for Boogie and Davis themselves, it's more the fact we gave stupid contracts to the likes of Ajinca, Asik etc etc, without those contracts we'd be in a lot better position to build around them.

I mean Golden State has 4 All Stars lol, but they didn't give insane contracts to people who don't contribute.

To cut a long story short, the issue isn't really boogie and AD themselves but bad decision making from the franchise for years before they were put together.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:35 pm

El Gunner wrote:"Twin towers"

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1468/31/1468316298665.jpg

Laughing It's an old term used to describe dominate 7 footers playing alongside each other.

Since the each Twin Towers going being the subject of a terrorist attack it's been used a lot less publicly though because people find it disrespectful.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Dude, theres a reason Holidays making 25 Mil.  The market is super inflated for perimeter scorers.  youre not going to be able to put a team together with two max bigmen, there just isn't enough space in the cap. They don't create enough of a mismatch to offset this. and Boogie plays no D.  The warriors took paycuts to keep a winning team together (and is full of 3pt shooting, ball handlers, who play elite D).  These two aren't going to do the same, at their age, just so they can put one together and hope they can win.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:13 pm

I know all that, i wasn't arguing the money part. I was arguing it doesn't work because they are too similar stuff.

If you want to argue there isn't enough space in the cap to make them legitimate contenders then that's fine.

I haven't even thought about contending for a title tbh Laughing i'm just happy to have a team which is fun to watch ( except when they reign it in effort wise) and maybe getting past the first round of the playoffs.

Which seemed possible before Boogie's injury, you should know i'm a Newcastle fan as well so i'm not exactly programmed to have high expectations. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next