dmize
Art Morte
McLewis
CBarca
urbaNRoots
16 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Luca Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Freeza wrote:
Luca wrote:It also doesn't make sense as to why right now they're thinking of implementing it now when all 16 playoff bound teams are above .500. I understood this talk when teams in the L'East were getting in with subpar records but now it just is what it is

But, I also think maybe its a proactive and ok move because imagine if LeBron goes to the West. What is the East really left with as a conference?

Records can be trusted in the current system. West teams has to face Rockets, Warriors more times per season. But yeah, it should be a somewhat fair schedule for this to work. Can't have west teams facing GSW 4 times while easst face them 2 times.

Yeah, I feel like the whole 'super max' contract was a way to entice players to stay put and not mega cuck to one team (which the West has better markets), but given how they began the season earlier to cut down on travel/playing fatigue from players by including less back to back games then I would be for it. It could be as simple as playing the same team twice in a row, away

But we'll see what happens. It's about making the most competitive and interesting playoff layout so I like it but I never struggle to enjoy watching playoff basketball, except for maybe the Cavs megacucking teams 4-0, but as do the Warriors

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm

I can't wait for 2019 playoffs to be over so GSW are done. People thinking Rockets have a chance are fooling themselves so much.

I don't think big markets matter to superstars though. The tier 2 players like Paul George needs it though imo. He can become so popular and rich as a Lakers player compared to second option with Westbrook.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:01 pm

Honest question here.

Do any of you believe Paul George will stay in OKC?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Freeza wrote:Honest question here.

Nah, I don't because he'll always be the second option there

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Luca wrote:

Nah, I don't because he'll always be the second option there

And because he’ll never have a chance to win there. Melon also probably picking up his option and they’ll have to get rid of Roberson and other people to even re-sign with a ridiculous luxury tax then.

Really hope he signs. Would fit so perfect without ingram and Lonzo..

Just wish there was a Center available.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Ain't like this Lakers team is going to either, saying they will based on players developing linearly, other teams declined and them making 2-3 marquee free agent signings it not a super enticing argument

He wants to go to the Lakers because its LA, you don't traditionally join a team that hasn't been in the playoffs for several seasons to win a championship

No offence brother, ya'll would be good with George and the future is definitely bright but its not like you'd be any closer than OKC to winning a championship and at least they can boast a several year spurt of making the playoffs and they have Russ

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Yes, based on the current alternatives.

Unless someone else becomes a legit destination who isn't known yet happens i think he stays.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Yes, based on the current alternatives.

Unless someone else becomes a legit destination who isn't known yet happens i think he stays.

So an OKC team that's worse than now is his best option? Why?

Lakers have more talent and outplayed them this season. Pretty sure PG knows Lakers will be better if he joins than this current OKC team, especially considering they've got an extra 35m$ in cap space after signing him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Luca wrote:Ain't like this Lakers team is going to either, saying they will based on players developing linearly, other teams declined and them making 2-3 marquee free agent signings it not a super enticing argument

He wants to go to the Lakers because its LA, you don't traditionally join a team that hasn't been in the playoffs for several seasons to win a championship

No offence brother, ya'll would be good with George and the future is definitely bright but its not like you'd be any closer than OKC to winning a championship and at least they can boast a several year spurt of making the playoffs and they have Russ

LeBron joined Miami when they had been shit. Same when he joined Cavs.

Shaq joined a shit Lakers team to win.

Kareem joined Lakers to win when they were the worst team in the league.

Happened a bunch of times.

Maybe he'll get further on multiple other team in the next 3 years than on the Lakers. But no matter what team he chooses, he won't have a chance to win until 2020 anyways, and Lakers could be his best option to win by then, when GSW have maxed their caps with their current core.

Both you and Mole act like I'm talking about winning now though. I'm talking about Paul George positioning himself to be a star on a team, that can win a championship once he starts to decline.

OKC is never even going to get to the West finals with their roster. They've got a horrible set-up imo.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:09 pm

That's fair enough.

LeBron joined the Heat only after Wade re-signed and Bosh had signed (both top players in the league at the time). When LeBron went back to the Cavs, there was no competition in the East and on top of that, they did have Kyrie and instantly grabbed K Love.

I just mean, George alone doesn't exactly bridge a big gap but he's young and so are the Lakers so I get what you mean. When you said, he'll never have a chance to win with OKC, I figured in turn you meant he would have a better chance with the Lakers, so my response was aimed at the now.

I think he is Laker bound, I'll be surprised if he goes elsewhere

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:09 pm

Lakers rofl

Also Paul George isn't good enough to be the best player on a championship winning team.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:16 pm

Luca wrote:That's fair enough.

LeBron joined the Heat only after Wade re-signed and Bosh had signed (both top players in the league at the time). When LeBron went back to the Cavs, there was no competition in the East and on top of that, they did have Kyrie and instantly grabbed K Love.

I just mean, George alone doesn't exactly bridge a big gap but he's young and so are the Lakers so I get what you mean. When you said, he'll never have a chance to win with OKC, I figured in turn you meant he would have a better chance with the Lakers, so my response was aimed at the now.

I think he is Laker bound, I'll be surprised if he goes elsewhere

I was speaking more of him needing to join a young team with potential if he were ever to win anything, since GSW has everything on lock for the next 3 years imo. Philly and Lakers have the best future imo if Embiid stays healthy, which is a big if. But no one is touching Warriors, which is why so many teams are loading their teams up for the future.

Also the main reason I'd only want LeBron if we don't let hi become gm and trade Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram for a third superstar. It would ruin our chances for the future when a team would be able to beat GSW.

@Mole
I said Paul George should position himself as a star on a young team, then when he gets worse, they can win a championship hopefully. I wrote that the young players have to develop.

Personally I think Ingram is going to be better than Paul George is now when he's 24.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:22 pm

76ers future depends also on how Fultz comes out of this season.

I think the Bulls are also quite good, Markannen is really legit, then you have Lavine, Kris Dunn, etc. not a complete project but particularly if you watch them play this season compared to last season, its a big difference.

Then I like the Jazz too, they seem alright and Donovan Mitchell alone makes them something to talk about.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:28 pm

Why should Paul George rely on that though, he's been through that with Indiana.

Basketball wise i don't see an obvious better destination for him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:28 pm

Luca wrote:76ers future depends also on how Fultz comes out of this season.

I think the Bulls are also quite good, Markannen is really legit, then you have Lavine, Kris Dunn, etc. not a complete project but particularly if you watch them play this season compared to last season, its a big difference.

Then I like the Jazz too, they seem alright and Donovan Mitchell alone makes them something to talk about.

Fultz is someone I don't believe in at all. 76ers have our pick though. Probably gonna end around 8-11. Could get a great complimentary player there. They need shooting. Mikal Bridges can shoot. They can even maybe get Sexton if they lost faith in Fultz.

I don't see Bull doing it. Jazz are probably too good for their own good at this point. Gobert coming back was somewhat of a curse. If they could've gotten a top 5 pick they'd have the talent.
They don't really have anyone other than Mitchell and he's still not a sure thing.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:29 pm

Sixers have shit tonnes of cap space, can see them getting legit free agents in the next few seasons if Simmons and Embiid continue to ascend to superstardom.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Why should Paul George rely on that though, he's been through that with Indiana.

Because they have to cut or trade all their good role players to make room for his contract. He won't stay for 5 years with a worse team than now. They're 2 games out of playoffs. They maybe won't get in next year if they get worse.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:42 pm

Still feel annoyed about the can't enter NBA after HS rule Laughing

It's the reason Simmons is not a Lakers player...
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Why should Paul George rely on that though, he's been through that with Indiana.

Because at Indiana, him and his camp were pretty vocal about wanting to join the Lakers, I feel like its more about Los Angeles than anything else

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:58 pm

Luca wrote:

Because at Indiana, him and his camp were pretty vocal about wanting to join the Lakers, I feel like its more about Los Angeles than anything else

But his mind has changed after battling in OKC for a 6th seed and playing with washed up Melo making 20m+
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:39 pm

Ffs Guillermo Proud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Z5msbmEmg
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:38 pm

loooool Guillermo :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:15 am

Pop said today he would be surprised if Kawhi plays again this season

Now I’ve just seen something saying Kawhi refusing to play despite medical clearance

Where do you guys think he plays next season?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:16 am

Luca wrote:Pop said today he would be surprised if Kawhi plays again this season

Now I’ve just seen something saying Kawhi refusing to play despite medical clearance

Where do you guys think he plays next season?

He's coming home
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:35 pm

No superstar is going to CHOOSE to live in philly unless theyre from there. And George is from LA and always dreamed of playing as a laker, no way he stays in OkC. Have you been to Oklahoma? No appeal for a rich young black man. And playing with a ball hog who shoots 43% isnt going to keep him there.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:36 pm

*stat compiler who shoots 43%...sorry

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next