Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

+28
The Demon of Carthage
Mamad
M99
Lex
Doc
elitedam
Adit
iftikhar
Young Kaz
Pedram
FennecFox7
sportsczy
The Madrid One
futbol_bill
RealGunner
rincon
CBarca
zigra
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
Freeza
Art Morte
Clutch
McLewis
VivaStPauli
Unique
futbol
Hapless_Hans
32 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Unique Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:10 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Freeza wrote:It's deja vu all over again.

Just like Hillary was the safe choice in 2016, Biden is the safe choice in 2020.

They're both morally bankrupt people who no one wants. But because they feel "safe" somehow people are convinced they stand a chance against Trump.

This COUNTRY is morally bankrupt.

Also the difference is biden is actually likable. Hillary was one of the most unlikable people in the country(rightfully and unrightfully so). Biden is much more relatable to the average American. He's uncle Joe.

Hillary was hated, yet still won the popular vote. Biden would walk Trump.

lucky you have 2 passports then Wink

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Blue Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:50 am

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 10 8630de10

Lol.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:59 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Molenation

Anyone democrat who wants Biden over other choices is an absolute idiotic melt

We want to beat Trump. Biden gives us our best chance to win the white working class in the former rustbelt. It is what it is.

Wasn't aware Minnesota and Florida is the rust belt.
Brain Dead logic.

Get a candidate that adresses the issues the best and can communicate it the best.
That candidate sure as hell isn't Joe Biden.

Your 2 party system has structured your brains to be looking to repeat the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over again, and your post is the perfect example of that.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:47 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Myesyats wrote:I consider Poland a first world country as of today. Also, I'm not rich but I'm pretty well-off hmm

Do you really think an almost 80 year old man should be president? I don't really get your post and my connection to the POTUS.

OCED wrote:Money, while it cannot buy happiness, is an important means to achieving higher living standards. In Poland, the average household net-adjusted disposable income per capita is USD 18 906, much lower than the OECD average of USD 30 563 a year. There is a considerable gap between the richest and poorest – the top 20% of the population earn close to five times as much as the bottom 20%.

http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/poland/

That isnt first world. Maybe you have it good if you are near the top, but this isnt first world at all.

Poland, if it was considered first world, would only be due to his historical(and physical) proximity to the gains acquired by western Europe post WW2...hence the term second world nation.

I think the best person possible should be president. A guy who is 80 can certainly make a good leader.  Especially since this isnt a dictatorship where he has supreme power. Kennedy spoke of civil rights, he spoke of putting a man on the moon, he spoke of moving forward as a nation. Did that stop when he caught a bullet to the brain in Dallas? Of course not, he had a great vice president and a government behind him to make it happen. Biden would have the same.

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/8hoqrx/ifm_data_poland_would_be_richer_than_portugal_in/

I can't find an article in english but Poland is about to surpass Portugal in wealth.

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 10 W64ktkpTURBXy8wMDkzOGM3MTk1ZWI0ZThkOTQ1MzgyYWQ3NzczYjdmOS5wbmeRlQLNAxQAwsM

GDP per capita in PPS (EU average - 100), that was back in 2017.

Other countries like Spain are still away from us but Portugal falls behind this year and we are developing the fastest in the EU (that was the case some time ago, not sure if still true though).
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:43 pm

How is this even a discussion Laughing

Biden is 76. Myesyats is in his 20s. Doesn't get more condescending than suggesting that Biden will outlive Myesyats because he is rich in the US while Myesyats lives in Poland.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:46 pm

USA >>>>

Come on man
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:24 pm

Agree. USA are goat cause they purposely elected Trump and voluntarily made a laughing stock of themselves. Very generous of them.

Also the school shootings make top headlines. Gotta admit that.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:05 pm

Freeza wrote:Also fyi a house where I live costs at least £200k.

Only the richest of the rich will have them, and then they'll rent them out to insane prices and force people to pay insane amount of women to have a place to live, because there's very little regulation, if any, with new housing.

Wait you pay in women? What an odd currency
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:31 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Freeza wrote:Also fyi a house where I live costs at least £200k.

Only the richest of the rich will have them, and then they'll rent them out to insane prices and force people to pay insane amount of women to have a place to live, because there's very little regulation, if any, with new housing.

Wait you pay in women? What an odd currency
I think men still buy a wife using goats as currency in India Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:26 pm

Can't escape the feeling that Biden will be to 2020 what Hillary was to 2016. He's been official all of like 3 days and he's already talking like the candidacy should just be handed to him because its "his turn" now. And I have quite a few more problems with him:

- He's responsible for the mass incarceration of black people on petty charges in this country along with the Clintons.
- He treated Anita Hill like shit and still is.
- He has no semblance of understanding personal boundaries when it comes to women.
- He'll be 78 at the time of inauguration and will be responsible for the policy direction of generations he will not have any understanding of.

Make no mistake about it though. If Joe gets the nomination, I'll vote for him without hesitation. Going back to establishment Democratic policy is better than where we're heading if Trump gets a 2nd term. We really need every non-GOP voter who believes this country is going in the wrong direction to think likewise or else we're looking at a Trump re-election. Simple as that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:19 am

McLewis wrote:Can't escape the feeling that Biden will be to 2020 what Hillary was to 2016. He's been official all of like 3 days and he's already talking like the candidacy should just be handed to him because its "his turn" now. And I have quite a few more problems with him:

- He's responsible for the mass incarceration of black people on petty charges in this country along with the Clintons.
- He has no semblance of understanding personal boundaries when it comes to women.
- He'll be 78 at the time of inauguration and will be responsible for the policy direction of generations he will not have any understanding of.

Make no mistake about it though. If Joe gets the nomination, I'll vote for him without hesitation. Going back to establishment Democratic policy is better than where we're heading if Trump gets a 2nd term. We really need every non-GOP voter who believes this country is going in the wrong direction to think likewise or else we're looking at a Trump re-election. Simple as that.

Great post, and why i am against Biden. He is practically one of the forefathers on the idiocy of war on drugs and mass incarceration.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:10 am

That video infuriates me. What an ass hat.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:05 am

McLewis wrote:Can't escape the feeling that Biden will be to 2020 what Hillary was to 2016. He's been official all of like 3 days and he's already talking like the candidacy should just be handed to him because its "his turn" now. And I have quite a few more problems with him:

Didn't both Hillary and Bill do really well amongst black voters though?
True, and opponents will bring this up, but in a general election I can't see it hurting him much
I've addressed this before, but I don't think the majority of the country cares. Even Democratic voters are somewhat split, with most being like "eh, it's not the best look but it's not a scandal or anything I'd worry about"
Dude is way too old, and I do think voters care about this, but i'm not sure how much

I agree with you on pretty much everything, including a dislike for Biden. On your points though, I have just put in some notes about why I think these aren't a big deal for voters in 2020.

I completely agree with you, I just want to continue my work in dispelling ideas of why Biden isn't a completely viable candidate in 2020. In fact, he's the frontrunner. I don't think the other big ones in 2020 Dem field will back down though (Sanders, Harris, Buttigieg).
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:18 am

so its another win for trump then Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:15 am

Ya the Democrats are doing the same tactic they did in 2016, "Hey vote with us, we're not trump!"

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 01, 2019 10:40 pm

I know she's not as progressive as Warren and Sanders on all issues. But I really like Kamala so much. She and Warren are to date the ones who shown the most willingness to hold the elites accountable for their wrongdoing.

These skill as a prosecutor can be much needed for the democrats. She's not afraid to fight for what's right, unlike a lot of the old guard.

Here she completely dismantled Barr today, who didn't review the evidence when he "cleared" Trump for obstruction. He also didn't "know" what the word suggest means apparently.

Really great set of candidates this year compared to 2016. At least aside from Biden.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 02, 2019 10:21 pm

Come get yo mans, Betty rofl

https://twitter.com/emmavigeland/status/1123975598999789571?s=21
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat May 04, 2019 12:26 am

Biden has MAJOR issues, but I think we are playing in revisionism history when looking at him.

Blaming him for the Crime Bill? EVERYBODY was in on the crime bill, including loud voices in the black community. People just wanted the violence to stop. Of course the side effect led to a generation behind bars.

He gets my vote simply because he is the guy who can turn enough white rust belt guys over to get Trump out of the white house. He's the lesser evil.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat May 04, 2019 12:33 am

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Freeza wrote:It's deja vu all over again.

Just like Hillary was the safe choice in 2016, Biden is the safe choice in 2020.

They're both morally bankrupt people who no one wants. But because they feel "safe" somehow people are convinced they stand a chance against Trump.

Also the difference is biden is actually likable. Hillary was one of the most unlikable people in the country(rightfully and unrightfully so). Biden is much more relatable to the average American. He's uncle Joe.

I could have a third one in Europe if I wasnt so afraid your fellow pool fans would throw me in a fountain Laughing Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 04, 2019 12:37 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

I could have a third one in Europe if I wasnt so afraid your fellow pool fans would throw me in a fountain Laughing Laughing
just make sure you put your bag of DVDs down before you go in the water lol.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat May 04, 2019 12:43 am

I'm pulling for Sanders because idgaf about bipartisanship and to offset trump's 4 years. I dont see why people think he cant win against trump.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat May 04, 2019 12:45 am

Freeza wrote:I know she's not as progressive as Warren and Sanders on all issues. But I really like Kamala so much. She and Warren are to date the ones who shown the most willingness to hold the elites accountable for their wrongdoing.

These skill as a prosecutor can be much needed for the democrats. She's not afraid to fight for what's right, unlike a lot of the old guard.

Here she completely dismantled Barr today, who didn't review the evidence when he "cleared" Trump for obstruction. He also didn't "know" what the word suggest means apparently.

Really great set of candidates this year compared to 2016. At least aside from Biden.
shes a good prosecutor, it's what she does. Shes too wishy washy for me and her pandering to AA when AA saw right through it means she wont be a good leader.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat May 04, 2019 2:26 am

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:

just make sure you put your bag of DVDs down before you go in the water lol.

Laughing Sure.

Clutch wrote:I'm pulling for Sanders because idgaf about bipartisanship and to offset trump's 4 years. I dont see why people think he cant win against trump.

He couldnt even beat Hillary man.

Sanders has some goodideas for those in his demographic(predominantly young white males 18-30-ish) but outside of that I dont see him hitting.

He's not getting the boomer vote. He's not getting the minority vote. Young people wont offset everything.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat May 04, 2019 2:32 am

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat May 04, 2019 2:34 am

Freeza wrote:

Also, click on the thread to see how sexist white non-college educated voter are. Incredible drop from male to female candidates.

No surprise though. It's still a prevalent thought that women can't govern in those circles, which is wild to me.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 05, 2019 1:34 am

Another one:

https://twitter.com/ibrahimas97/status/1124116716169113601?s=21

I think Biden will legit be worse for the world than Trump
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next