Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

+28
The Demon of Carthage
Mamad
M99
Lex
Doc
elitedam
Adit
iftikhar
Young Kaz
Pedram
FennecFox7
sportsczy
The Madrid One
futbol_bill
RealGunner
rincon
CBarca
zigra
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
Freeza
Art Morte
Clutch
McLewis
VivaStPauli
Unique
futbol
Hapless_Hans
32 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 12 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Young Kaz Mon May 06, 2019 9:50 am

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
nothing and i mean nothing in the Observable universe can make me feel bad about being white or british. but you have been pulled over before about your anti white rhetoric

White fragility on display big time right here. A thread about presidential nominations and you are in here moist as a towelette about some perceived slight against the white man Laughing

If you are proud then you wouldnt be in here chasing shadows for the slightest offense.

But since you have in the past expressed the want for a nanny state to the fact that you would even blame the smallest of segments of your society, African Immigrants, for the fact that the government funded healthcare isnt up to par You are the perfect Sanders aimed voter. How much more does the world have to give to YOU? When will it become YOUR responsibility to pay for YOUR family, YOUR education, YOUR entitlements?
tbh mate and this is the truth. i dont care how much you hate white people and i dont care one little bit about how you are treated in the USA. one thing i do know is if you were treated that badly you would leave. one thing that does make me laugh about people like you is they bitch and moan about how america is racist and treats you badly yet for a few more $$$ in your pay check you will suffer it. in england we call people that do that a sell out.

:bow:

This is beautiful actually. No pretense to care about people different from oneself. Just pure unadulterated selfishness. Exactly what Bernie preaches when he goes on his Sinophobic trade rants, or dumps his nuclear waste on LatinX people, and then promises the moon for everybody when turning his nose up at reparations.

I have nothing but respect for this statement Unique because you said exactly what society thinks, but is too cultured to say. Ethnic minorities who are successful are nothing but sellouts and looked upon with scorn. Thats why the myth they used to preach to black people, that if they tried harder and were more successful they would be accepted more, is nothing but a myth. Also why Bernie's "Class warfare" is not for minorities.

+1 Fantastic post.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 12 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Young Kaz Mon May 06, 2019 9:58 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Electability is one thing, but it is a completely undisputable fact that Sanders, were he to be able to implement his policy to a degree, would make the lives of people of colour better while with Biden frankly nothing would change.

You are right in that 'race' is not simply a subcategory of 'class', but the two concepts are so so much entangled that it's simply foolish to decide against a more meaningful economic change because some other guy can take the black vote for granted as having been Obama's vice grand dad.

Ideally though, the result of the Democratic Party choosing a presidential candidate in 2020 would be someone other than a white old geezer. It really should be a woman.

Getting a guy out of office who was sued by the government for not renting to minorities, and called a slave general a great guy would be change a lot of things for people of colour. No matter who it is.

People dont understand how degrading just having someone like trump in office is for people. He's everything wrong with this country summed up into one big fat piece of human excrement.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 06, 2019 10:05 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

White fragility on display big time right here. A thread about presidential nominations and you are in here moist as a towelette about some perceived slight against the white man Laughing

If you are proud then you wouldnt be in here chasing shadows for the slightest offense.

But since you have in the past expressed the want for a nanny state to the fact that you would even blame the smallest of segments of your society, African Immigrants, for the fact that the government funded healthcare isnt up to par You are the perfect Sanders aimed voter. How much more does the world have to give to YOU? When will it become YOUR responsibility to pay for YOUR family, YOUR education, YOUR entitlements?
tbh mate and this is the truth. i dont care how much you hate white people and i dont care one little bit about how you are treated in the USA. one thing i do know is if you were treated that badly you would leave. one thing that does make me laugh about people like you is they bitch and moan about how america is racist and treats you badly yet for a few more $$$ in your pay check you will suffer it. in england we call people that do that a sell out.

This is beautiful actually. No pretense to care about people different from oneself. Just pure unadulterated selfishness. Exactly what Bernie preaches when he goes on his Sinophobic trade rants, or dumps his nuclear waste on LatinX people, and then promises the moon for everybody when turning his nose up at reparations.

I have nothing but respect for this statement Unique because you said exactly what society thinks, but is too cultured to say. Ethnic minorities who are successful are nothing but sellouts and looked upon with scorn. Thats why the myth they used to preach to black people, that if they tried harder and were more successful they would be accepted more, is nothing but a myth. Also why Bernie's "Class warfare" is not for minorities.

+1 Fantastic post.
thats not why i dont care about how you are treated in america. i dont care about how you are treated in america because i simply dont care. anyone on this forum that acts like they realy care for you is a liar. i mean if i told you the old guy over the road from me died this morning you might say thats a shame but the truth is you wouldent care one little bit about the old guy that lives over the road to me. what you need to do though is stop bitching like a little girl all the time. america hates you. the people hate you. the government hates you. the police hate you. they are all racist. either take a pay cut and leave or suffer it for a few extra $$ its up to you but ffs stop whining like a girl all the time.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 06, 2019 10:08 am

Noone argues about having to get Trump out of office.

However, if you superimpose an expectation of electability (which will always be based at this stage on the very establishment tradecraft of polling that you decry as 'fake') on the whole discourse of choosing a candidate, from the very start, and we are more than half a year before the first primaries even start, means who are shutting out a discussion of things that matter and need to be adressed, and discussed, in order to find a convincing candidate.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon May 06, 2019 10:10 am

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:

+1 Fantastic post.
thats not why i dont care about how you are treated in america. i dont care about how you are treated in america because i simply dont care. anyone on this forum that acts like they realy care for you is a liar. i mean if i told you the old guy over the road from me died this morning you might say thats a shame but the truth is you wouldent care one little bit about the old guy that lives over the road to me. what you need to do though is stop bitching like a little girl all the time. america hates you. the people hate you. the government hates you. the police hate you. they are all racist. either take a pay cut and leave or suffer it for a few extra $$ its up to you but ffs stop whining like a girl all the time.

So instead of a Asian in America with a ton of money i was a poor Asian in Barcelona selling water and harassed by fans of your club. If I whined about that would you care?

Where does the empathy for Asians begin with you?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 am

Also, @Betty, if you don't mind me saying so, I think you should try to get away from social media misinformation slander nonsense-based discourse like "Bernie dropping nuclear waste on LAtin kids", which, well, we REALLY SHOULD BE BETTER THAN THAT. Don't chase after polarized and heated up super aggro politics stuff on social media.

Because it's not just the content, as I can attest you as a media scientist, the very form of social media and twitter politics, the short bursts, the rapid linking, spreading and progroming, the losing track of sources and origins when things are being forwarded multiple times, quite obviously engenders a hateful, reactionary type of politics that is in structure right wing, as it's geared to drum up attention and controversy in order to make money for corporation.

We know that, and we should be careful not to get stuck in it.
If I may be so presumptious, I can tell that you're getting stuck in it too much. nvm debating with Unique which is a collossal misdirection of energy.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 06, 2019 10:17 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

+1 Fantastic post.

So instead of a Asian in America with a ton of money i was a poor Asian in Barcelona selling water and harassed by fans of your club. If I whined about that would you care?

Where does the empathy for Asians begin with you?
why should i have empathy for asians. you moan about how you are treated and moan about how racist america is but you stay for the money. so basically what your saying is you hate racist people but for the right price you will look the other way and suffer it. lots of things in life are for sale but morals should not be one of them.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 06, 2019 10:47 am

Does it matter who is president? I genuinenly don't care about USA's internal policies as does no one else outside of the US. For all I care they should make it mandatory to arm school schildren and abolish health care for anyone who earns less than 100k a year while putting black people on the back of the bus again, who cares?

Their foreign policies is what is interesting for anyone outside of the US and those are the same irrespective of who is the president, just the rhetorics change. So I don't know why Europeans are so invested in US politics.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 06, 2019 10:50 am

futbol wrote:Does it matter who is president? I genuinenly don't care about USA's internal policies as does no one else outside of the US. For all I care they should make it mandatory to arm school schildren and abolish health care for anyone who earns less than 100k a year while putting black people on the back of the bus again, who cares?

Their foreign policies is what is interesting for anyone outside of the US and those are the same irrespective of who is the president, just the rhetorics change. So I don't know why Europeans are so invested in US politics.

Because the trends set in the US interms of policy and discourse are going to become influential, hegemonic really, in Germany with a delay of half a decade or a decade.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon May 06, 2019 10:55 am

The racism problem in America is not amazing, but it's much better then Europe. We're doing pretty good for ourselves. It's bad only in the south.. and things are changing pretty quickly. Just gotta respect the process.

Racism is not an issue that should be focused on by whoever is running.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 06, 2019 11:02 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
futbol wrote:Does it matter who is president? I genuinenly don't care about USA's internal policies as does no one else outside of the US. For all I care they should make it mandatory to arm school schildren and abolish health care for anyone who earns less than 100k a year while putting black people on the back of the bus again, who cares?

Because the trends set in the US interms of policy and discourse are going to become influential, hegemonic really, in Germany with a delay of half a decade or a decade.

I've lost hope in mankind anyway after I've witnessed the oncoming generations first hand. Girl in 8th semester of studying law does not know that Germany is a parliamentary democracy. Not kidding. Economy student does not know what is 11 x 11. NOT KIDDING.

In my cousin's year almost a third have a 1er Abitur. In my time (which is only 10 years ago) only 1 had that. I listen to the radio what's "in" these days and I lose hope again. I look at the Instagram accounts of my cousin's peers and I can't believe that these people will reproduce one day.

Mankind is getting stupider by the day anyway, whether America sets trends that schwapp über nach Deutschland or not. Meh. I'll probably take my wife, move to Canada, by a house in the woods and be done with it.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon May 06, 2019 11:38 am

Back in my day, people at least had the decency to wait until they were 30 to bitch about "back in my day."
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 06, 2019 11:40 am

I am 30.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon May 06, 2019 11:46 am

Welcome to the club.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 06, 2019 11:57 am

That's what every generation thinks of the previous one.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Myesyats wrote:That's what every generation thinks of the previous one.

Look, I'm not stupid enough to not realize this cliché about "in my olden days everything was better". But I think this time it's REALLY different to older generations not understanding computer games or rap music. I already feel alienated from people 7 years younger than me.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 06, 2019 12:43 pm

futbol wrote:I am 30.

Well firstly, a post dated happy birthday you pos.

Also, yeah, I didn't think at 32 I would feel so oddly disconnected by folks just 7, 8 or 10 years younger than me but here I am. Also also, don't care for the internal side of US politics as whomever you guys pick would still be bullying us Caribbean Islands to stick with your dollar and other various things. We do depend on the US market so the bullying makes "sense".

At least your women come down for Carnival and show Doc a grand time tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Doc. Proud My best Internet friend. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Meh I'm 24 and I don't understand modern rap. Its not even about age at this point. I'm sure older people didn't understand Rock&Roll in the 50s. Truth is, every generation is the same and theres nothing special about anyone.

Everyone thinks they're special but in fact everyone is the same boring motherfucker of a being.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 06, 2019 1:22 pm

There is actually a study out there which says the Wester Civilization IQ is sinking. The first few generations after 2 World Wars grew up trying to build stuff. The generations now are growing up how to become Influencers on Instagram or Lets Players on YouTube.

I'm sorry but mankind is doomed. Accept it.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 06, 2019 1:54 pm

Thats because intelligent women are having fewer children. Not because millennials play video games and have iphones.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 14, 2019 11:20 am

I love this woman so much

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 31, 2019 7:19 pm

Biden's 78. He's not surviving 3 debates.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 31, 2019 11:33 pm

I'll say this about Biden, there is nothing better than seeing the online Dem contingent (or specifically Twitter/progressives on Twitter) absolutely devour each other talking about how terrible of a person Biden is, how he doesn't represent the current Dem base when he's got 38% in most recent polls (down from 40) while Bernie's got 20%, Warren down at 9%

Yeah yeah it's early polls don't mean much. I agree with that, but only kind of.

It's pretty clear that Biden is the frontrunner, it's pretty clear Dems like him. It's pretty clear that progressives on Twitter are actually not the backbone of the Democratic party they think they are.

Btw, don't get me wrong. I don't like Biden, and I wish the Dem party was more progressive. I just don't think people should delude themselves into thinking that the Dem party is something it's not, and that Biden is not actually more representative of that party than Warren or Bernie are.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:22 am

Joe Biden is OFFICIALLY unelectable.

If I trash Yang for Pandering to Nazis, I cant support Biden for referring lovingly to segregationists.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:13 pm

Young Kaz wrote:Joe Biden is OFFICIALLY unelectable.

If I trash Yang for Pandering to Nazis, I cant support Biden for referring lovingly to segregationists.
what has he said bad about the Chinese
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next