Next manager

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Next manager - Page 4 Empty Re: Next manager

Post by Turok_TTZ on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:45 am

@Mr Nick09 wrote:Welp, hugo cerezo is no longer a jabroni

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/real-madrid-contacts-antonio-conte-the-situation

In the last few hours, there have been contacts between Real Madrid and current Chelsea manager Antonio Conte. Real have identified the Italian as the best profile to replace Zinedine Zidane. Suggestions were re-launched by foreign newspapers, but for now it is not viable, given the desire of the coach to respect his agreement with Chelsea.

The former Italian coach reiterated his principle: he has not received any sort of communication from Chelsea of a possible exoneration, and has no intention of taking the first step to do so. He is in a position that has become 'shaky' and has become annoyed, more for what is written and said online, than for the real communications from the Blues board.

Conte's major doubt on the possible position of coaching Real Madrid, would be to find himself leading a group of players unable to understand his methods of training. A dressing room has already formed, and are probably not ready to welcome a coach with new 'strong and decisive' methods.

It is difficult to reach an agreement, at least at the current moment.

never seen this before lol
"Strong and decisive" are not what comes into mind when i think of antonio conte or his style on the pitch...

but then i see its from di marzio's site. typical italian shills. we have been coached by his betters.

i do see however the dressing room coming into conflict, but not for the reasons these shills say.

If its really conte, I am really not looking forward to see how our team plays. i bet we'll even see 3 at the back at some point.

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:11 pm

Why are you guys so anti-Conte? Granted he’s not among my top picks, but he falls into the tier of- I don’t really mind. Wouldn’t be happy, but I wouldn’t thnk it would be the end of the club either.

If Conte is appointed, which it is looking increasingly likely, he’s not going to be around for more than 2 seasons. I can almost guarantee that.
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:17 pm

Why am I against appointing Conte as manager? Easy:

1. Negative, defensive, soul-sucking football.
2. Complete and utter failure in Europe.
3. Childish and embarrassing antics.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:18 pm

He has a falling out with club and star players wherever he goes Deez... he's like Felix Magath in the sense that he has these crazy training methods that won't fly for long with star players.

Also, his tactics are EXTREMELY negative. 352 is the only scheme that really works well for him. He goes 433 now and then... and fails.

He'll also publicly complain about everything.

Good manager in his way... but I just don't think he's the right guy for Real Madrid.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:32 pm

@sportsczy wrote:He has a falling out with club and star players wherever he goes Deez...  

When did that happen? Conte was a huge hit at Juve in the eyes of players, club and fans. He was the one that chose to leave after 3 seasons, he fell out with no one and nobody kicked him out. Neither at Bari or Siena.

Last edited by rincon on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:33 pm

Is it even possibly to play to that degree of negativity with the players at the current disposal though? Our squad would need a major overhaul to COMPLETELY change our style of play- we have players like Ronaldo, Bale, Marcelo, etc. who aren’t going to stop attacking/ start defending.

I understand the conflict of personality issue, and that could be a problem, but let’s face it, many of the players in our squad aren’t going to be around much longer, and if Conte was appointed he wouldn’t be around for more than 2 seasons. I can deal with 2 seasons of Conte- we had Mourinho for longer.

I just think people are blowing his negatives way out of proportion because of this season. Last season he absolutely dominated the EPL, then Abramovich swapped out key areas of Conte’s side for garbage. I actually understand his frustrations over the transfers- Chelsea have basically made money over the past few transfer windows when they should have been spending.

edit: spelling

Last edited by vanDEEZ on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:36 pm

@vanDEEZ wrote:Is it even possibly to play to that degree of negativity with the players at the current disposal though?  

Indeed. Conte was never negative with Juve. Not like with Chelsea. With us he was always going for it and was always trying to keep possession. With the NT he went for it against everyone except Germany in the euros, where it made sense, and the game went to penalties.

Only with Chelsea did he become so defensive.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:44 pm

@rincon wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:He has a falling out with club and star players wherever he goes Deez...  

When did that happen? Conte was a huge hit at Juve in the eyes of players, club and fans. He was the one that chose to leave after 3 seasons, he fell out with no one and nobody kicked him out. Neither at Bari or Siena.

Complained about transfers and lack of ambition at Juve publicly... I'm sure that didn't go over very well with management.

He even tries that with Madrid and he will get crucified.. immediate exit.

And the reason he could attack with a 352 in serie A was that the league generally lacks speed. His CBs wouldn't get exposed when they played high. In EPL and CL, he feared that and sat back A LOT. I don't think the 352 is a formation that works at the highest level of football anymore.

Granted, he didn't have Ramos and Varane as his CBs at Chelsea... they have speed. So maybe it will work.

I just don't think our team sets up very well (as currently constructed) for the way Conte likes to play.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:45 pm

@vanDEEZ wrote:I just think people are blowing his negatives way out of proportion because of this season. Last season he absolutely dominated the EPL, then Abromovic (sp?) swapped out key areas of Conte’s side for garbage. I actually understand his frustrations over the transfers- Chelsea have basically made money over the past few transfer windows when they should have been spending.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he the one who wanted Morata? The signings Chelsea made last season were absolute garbage. If he's the one who asked for them, then his negativity would be the least of our problems.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:47 pm

@sports
Those are fine points. None of that makes what you say about falling out with star players and clubs wherever he goes, true. Its BS.

He was loved at the NT, at Juve, at Bari, at Siena, etc.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:55 pm

Hold on Rincon, he will soon be telling you he has some insider info on this! rofl
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:56 pm

@rincon wrote:@sports
Those are fine points. None of that makes what you say about falling out with star players and clubs wherever he goes, true. Its BS.

He was loved at the NT, at Juve, at Bari, at Siena, etc.

Juve didn't fall out with him (they don't do drama at Juve)... but he fell out with the club is a more apt description. The players that did fall out with him weren't the ones that mattered (Vucinic, Llorente and Isla)... so I agree there. The strikers weren't the stars at Juve under Conte. He is very demanding of his strikers. Tevez had a lot to prove so he fell in line in his first year.

But at Chelsea, he clashed with Morata, Costa and a little with Hazard even. Not Mourinho in a sense he wants them to defend all the time. But he does require certain commitment in training and tactical awareness without the ball in games. Morata just couldn't handle all of that while Costa didn't want to and Hazard wasn't the happiest.

In short, his man management from players to the club he works for has a lot to be desired.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm

So, who's it going to be now ? Clock is ticking.

@Turok, I think you strong dislike of Conte is a bit strange tbh.

You say he's a loser? Not strong and decisive? He strikes me as an extraordinairly determined coach who knows exactly what he wants.

As for the loser claim.
Has won everywhere, Serie A literally unbeaten, gave 12/13 Bayern a good game in CL quarters, won the Premier League against Pep's City, Klopp's Liverpool, Mourinho's Utd and Poch's Tottenham, setting a new record of games won in the PL (Pep has since beaten this record), and even this season he won the FA Cup in the end despite already being written out of the club by everyone.
That's a winner if I ever saw one. There can be no doubt he's one of the best coaches around at the moment, and arguably by far the best available.

The only meaningful argument against him could be that both his reactive, compact, counterattacking style and his roll up the sleeves hard work team building ethos might not be a fit for the Real Madrid as you fans imagine it, or as it is.

But this negative sniffing at Conte here is rather strange IMO

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:42 pm

@futbol_bill

and there it is Proud

@sportsczy wrote:The players that did fall out with him weren't the ones that mattered (Vucinic, Llorente and Isla)... so I agree there.  The strikers weren't the stars at Juve under Conte.  He is very demanding of his strikers.  Tevez had a lot to prove so he fell in line in his first year.

Conte fell out so hard with Llorente that he made him a starter, played him more than Max would, and asked Chelsea to sign him 3 years later.

Isla never fell out with anyone. He just wasnt good enough. The only reason we didn't sell Isla after a poor first season was because Conte said to keep him, he was on his way to Inter. When Conte left, so did Isla.

Not even gonna answer about Vucinic. You managed to pick one of Conte's key players who played whenever he was fit and left when Conte did.

You wanna pick some (irrelevant) players that fell out? Eljero Elia, Michele Pazienza. Start looking there.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:01 pm

If I were Florentino, I would do everything in my power to convince Heynckes to take the reins for one season and look for a permanent replacement in the meantime.

Heynckes is the best candidate we could dream of having...if only we could convince him to come out of retirement for one last onslaught. He's the caviar of football managers.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:56 pm

I mean, to say Conte has a "loser mentality" and want Juup who got chased for that very same mentality the last time he was here is ironic but yeah, old man Juup would have been also ideal.

I know I am being harsh on Conte, he is still a good manager. But that stint with Chelsea just ruined his reputation for me and it seems to be an irreversible ruined too.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Heynckes is the cavier of football managers? Isn't that a bit hyperbolic?
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:49 am

I really don’t know Conte from a hole in the ground, but I do know he had several successful seasons in Italy, and the one Italian responding is saying BS to what Sports he trying to say. He has had two seasons in Chelsea, first one he overwelmingly won the leaque with basically the same team that Mourinho almost got relegated with. In other words, what is being proclaimed is after a falling out with Costa, and the failure of Morata to adapt, he ended up with an overall disappointing season, and thus he is now a terrible coach!!!!

Sounds really logical!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:50 am

@Hans, what’s the rush! There is plenty of time to get Lopetequi after he wins World Cup!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:21 pm

At this point I think we’re too close to the World Cup to announce someone, and I can see us waiting until it is finished or until one of the proposed prospects gets knocked out (Lopetegui)
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:47 pm

If Lopetegui gets knocked out, he’s not available for Madrid (my instructions). He has to remain with seleccion until we win!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:20 pm

If Lopetegui gets knocked out in the group stage he’s going to be given the license to win it in 4 years? I doubt it. I think if he wins the WC he’s more likely to stay with the NT than if he gets knocked out.
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:42 pm

Obviously Deez, you don’t get my sense of humour!

It’s ok, my wife dorsn’t half the time as well!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:48 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:Obviously Deez, you don’t get my sense of humour!

It’s ok, my wife dorsn’t half the time as well!

Did you tell her "Just kidding" after you both agreed to have a child, and she had gotten pregnant? Laughing

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:18 am

Timmy, that was 40 years ago. I don’t remember! Very Happy
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:10 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:If Lopetegui gets knocked out, he’s not available for Madrid (my instructions). He has to remain with seleccion until we win!

Got some news for you good buddy:

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next