Our midfielders

+2
Nishankly
mr-r34
6 posters

Go down

Our midfielders Empty Our midfielders

Post by mr-r34 Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:13 am

Honestly let's have a real conversation about them, can anyone actually justify why any of them really belong in our first team?

Another two midfielders with kieta are needed.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Our midfielders Empty Re: Our midfielders

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:58 am

None except Ox who's being trained.

Wiji and Can dont deserve to wear the LFC shirt, Don't even get me started on Henderson.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:25 am

Mate were questioning them wearing the shirt, but yet two of them are wearing the armband FML.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Coutinho gone.
Emre probably gone in the summer.
Henderson plagued by injuries and hasn't been near his best form in a long time.
Wijnaldum bang average.
Lallana will be 30 next season.

The positives are that Keita's coming and Oxlade's been improving, but we do need to add some quality in midfield.

It's a shame, really, because it's not long ago when we had a very good midfield, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:26 pm

Art Morte wrote:Coutinho gone.
Henderson plagued by injuries and hasn't been near his best form in a long time.
Wijnaldum bang average.

The positives are that Keita's coming and Oxlade's been improving, but we do need to add some quality in midfield.

It's a shame, really, because it's not long ago when we had a very good midfield, imo.
as soon as we sell salah I'm sure we will buy another mf player
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Wijnaldum bang average.

I don't think we had a very good midfield since the days of Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard.

We need two more MF in addition to Naby, AOC and Lallana (whom I consider still serviceable) specially someone in the mold of Alonso.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:19 am

Look we need two Midfielders. If we look at what we have for next year, Kieta seems like the only starter, another more defensive minded player and another more attacking minded player.

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:52 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Wijnaldum bang average.

I don't think we had a very good midfield since the days of Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard.

We need two more MF in addition to Naby, AOC and Lallana (whom I consider still serviceable) specially someone in the mold of Alonso.

In-form Hendo, in-form Lallana, Coutinho, inconsistent-but-half-the-time-good Can = pieces to a very good midfield.

Even without Coutinho, if our remaining midfielders were in their peak form, that would be good enough a midfield to win the PL, imo. It's a pity their form is all over the place considering that they're all still in their peak years.

Ideally we'd sell Wijnaldum and buy a new CM, but I think it's going to be hard to get rid of him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:16 pm

Art Morte wrote:
iftikhar wrote:
Wijnaldum bang average.

In-form Hendo, in-form Lallana, Coutinho, inconsistent-but-half-the-time-good Can = pieces to a very good midfield.

Even without Coutinho, if our remaining midfielders were in their peak form, that would be good enough a midfield to win the PL, imo. It's a pity their form is all over the place considering that they're all still in their peak years.

Ideally we'd sell Wijnaldum and buy a new CM, but I think it's going to be hard to get rid of him.
True, if these two players can redeem themselves, we would have a quality MF. But that's a very big if ATM. Sad
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:53 pm

Can with a good game as usual to remind us of the potential he has but can never reach. Henderson and Milner put in a shift.

Its like 2013 again, No improvements using the same player. We've literally regressed in midfield with Klopp.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:17 am

I think you are all being a little harsh on our midfield. Henderson when healthy/in form is a very good player and executes his role well. Wijnaldum also has been asked to perform a different role this season and has been doing it very well. I've never rated Can, but he should be gone in the summer and Keita will be replacing him. Then you have Milner, Lallana, Chambo, Woodburn, Grujic and Ejaria. The depth is there and we've already shown how good we can be...anyone doubting the likes of Chambo and Wijnaldum need only look at the City game for what they can do. The issue against weaker teams is purely tactical; Klopp needs to figure that one out (ie. stop playing our forwards all so damned narrow and stretch the opposition more).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:04 pm

Curtinho wrote:I think you are all being a little harsh on our midfield. Henderson when healthy/in form is a very good player and executes his role well. Wijnaldum also has been asked to perform a different role this season and has been doing it very well.

It's something like 2+ years since Henderson was consistently good and healthy. Having doubts about him isn't harsh at this point. Also, Wijnaldum has been consistently average throughout his time at the club. Ideally I'd like to sell him, but doubt there are many takers willing to match his wages.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down