The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
Freeza
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Real Betis vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: Real Betis vs Real Madrid

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:12 pm

I would not count Guti out for the future, if you have been following him, he has been doing extremely well so far, much better than Zidane at the youth level. I expect Guti to take Solari's job in the summer, get some experience with Castilla, then move on to one of the top flight LL teams.

Pushing Guti into the first team's manager role (within 1-2 years even) would be far too premature and could potentially mess up a good thing for the future. I don't expect RM to make that same mistake.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:38 pm

Pochettino is in an environment where there are no repurcussions for poor seasons. I don't think he'd be able to handle RM. If not Guti then the only one who can manage all the egos is Lopetegui. Getting a club legend will ensure continuity as the players will back the managers up. Benitez had no chance to succeed because the playwrs were already against his appointment before he set a foot in Madrid. If Benz could gtfo I am sure ZZ would be morr reasonable with his team selection. He's already showed he doesn't mind benching big money signings if he wants (James/Bale). Unfortunately he gers cross eyed when he looks at Benz. If ZZ wins CL, he can stay forever, he'd be one of the most succesful managers in our history and you treasure people like that
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:54 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Pochettino is in an environment where there are no repurcussions for poor seasons.

That's a bit of a BS statement tbh. We don't know what repurrcussions would be there, as cats can't talk Pochettino has arguably only delivered good to very good seasons so far.
Everyone recognizes he's been doing a very good job, if he wasn't a doing a good job, he'd be criticized and under pressure as any other coach.
Compared to the other 'top 6' teams, maybe bar Liverpool, Tottenham have a far cheaper squad, and they have been overachieving, and they have been consistent.

What else do you want from a coach? You can't ask him to have won the CL or La Liga with Real before he gets the chance to manage Real.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:27 pm

I don't know why Hans is pretending to have an iota of care for either Tottenham or the Poch. Also, Hala is obviously comparing the two environments that is Tottenham and Madrid & let's be honest, when judging from a Madrid stand point, Poch clearly has way more wiggle room for a "poor" season. At Madrid, he has none. He has to literally hit the ground running, get these guys to actually run for him and appease a fan base that can't really be appeased.

That being said, definitely prefer Poch over Guti. But I also prefer Lopetegui over Poch.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:11 pm

Please Spurs have no more ambitions than finishing above Arsenal. They always start the season with a lot of hope and finish the seaaon content with finishing above Arsenal. I would be able to judge him if Spurs weren't so shite in Europe, they were getting outplayed by freaking Bate Borisov. They are puffing their chests out now because they beat a Madrid in their lowest point since Mou's last season. I hope Juve manita them in the return leg. Pochettino wouldn't survive more than a season at RM I guarantee you that, it would be a pointless appointment. Lopetegui on the other hand is more seasoned and has proved he can handle the Spanish starts adequately, besides he's worked with our current "future generation" lot with the Spanish U19/21
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:39 pm

you will need to explain to me how Pochettino, the manager of an emerging CL club and which is trying to consolidate their position in English top flight, has no obligation for results; But Guti, who is coaching the equivalent of Real Madrid C, under 18, has a lot more weighting on his shoulders lol. is this a joke?

sometimes im baffled by these statements? what has Lopetegui done to show that he can manage egos better than Poch? and what makes you think players will love Guti? Zidane is a living legend of world football, people would hardly recognize Guti if he was walking down the streets of Mallorca, lol. you can't take his charisma and what he commands in terms of respect and attention for granted, and even less tie it down to his status of "club legend". Guti is not Zidane.

and you are writing a lot of nonsense about Spurs. They are building a billion dollars new stadium but they have no ambition? and somehow because they have lost european games before it means they have no ambition.

I dont mind people having preferences with coaching hires, but at least try to make sense of your arguments to support X or Y. if you dont like Poch, say it, if you can't explain it, it's ok too, because all of what you wrote is ridiculous.

Pochettino has 8 years coaching top flight football, Lopetegui has 1.5, but he is a more "Seasoned" coach. why 1,5? he was sacked in january by porto after being eliminated from all comps. The biggest team in the league, and he wasnt arsed to win a single trophy, with PORTO lol. But nooooo, Lopetegui is more seasoned, the rest of his career is youth teas assignments and world cup qualifiers games, which obviously means he is great at dealing with spanish superstars...smh
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:11 am

i hardly talk about coaches and firing and hiring managers, i won't get much into that right now, but i just had to post this; saying players will respect an ex player is a blanket assumption, that eliminates the personality and mindset of said coach (which are two very important features), it reminds me of the modern cf vs old cf argument we had, you can't just eliminate individual skillsets to fit under a broad category, these things aren't logic

former player or not, if the coach is acting like an ass hole the players will not care for him, there's way more than just being an ex-player. lothar matthaus (i bet i botched the spelling), is one of the goat midfielders ever, his coaching career is the opposite.

just for the record, i don't consider guti a club legend, but i get it, we give "legend" status to anyone these days. those (insert club name here) legends matches have really diluted that word. soon we'll start calling el conejo saviola a club legend. as far as who should coach....that's a topic i'll leave for another time. with coaching i've pretty much always been about devil i know more than angel i don't, especially at madrid, but that's a discussion for another time
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:40 am

Guti is not a Madrid legend ffs...  he is a Madrid darling because all castilla players who actually make it to the club become such.

Raul, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Iker Casillas, Ramos, etc. are legends.

Guti, Marcelo, Pepe, Ozil, Di Maria, etc. are not.

I have really high standards when it comes to this.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:06 am

How is Marcelo not a club legend now? Didn't two back to back CLs and a decade with Madrid make him one or nah?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:26 pm

this topic deserves its own thread so as not to take away from the game. benzema has also been at the club for more than a decade and won back to back ucl's. its all subjective, people have their own yardstick of measurement and some, like myself are more strict than others in certain areas and light in other areas.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Yeah but Marcelo didn't spend half that decade being a flop and a disappointment.

He's been the opposite. A nice surprise. Been with us since he was 18 too.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3