Mr Nick09
Hapless_Hans
Freeza
futbol_bill
guest7
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Guti a legend at Madrid? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Guti a legend at Madrid?

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 pm

I agree with sports on that assessment.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:I agree with sports on that assessment.

We all knew Guti was lazy, and being an impact sub was the ideal role for him. Even if his performances could best be described as semi-interested jogging, his penetrating passes were often the difference between a deadlock and an opportunity to score. His lack of ambition was what frustrated me the most, and it's easy to argue that the team occasionally suffered as a result of it. But I also have good memories of him, and he certainly proved to be our most decisive player on several occasions.

In Benzema's case, his shortcomings is not for the lack of trying, and god knows he's been given more chances to prove himself than his performances over the past 2-3 seasons have warranted. I don't like to be overly harsh on individual players, but there are montages on Youtube of Benzema being clumsy ffs, and that doesn't even begin to describe how ineffective he's been in recent years. I recognize that he performed like a genuinely elite forward for a while under Ancelotti, but over the course of his career at Real Madrid, I think he's been far more frustration-inducing than reliable.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:57 am

@doc, that ladyboy jab is ruthless, lol i totally forgot about that situation, and he maintained he didn't know lmao. speaking of guti and benzema, who remembers that heel assist he gave benzema (Who was going through a poor run of form at the time) against depor to break our losing record at riazor. its not as interesting to see it now, but watching that in real time was out of this world
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2