Bayern in search for a new manager

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Bayern in search for a new manager

Post by rincon on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:15 pm

@S wrote:So whats so special about Niko ? @Hans

A quick google search told me that they're 5th place in BL. His team dont exactly score a lot of goals but they do concede a lot. Doesnt particularly have a great big game record.

What are his striking features ?

His striking features are obvious for anyone to see: he looks like a bond villain.

rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:34 pm

I don't want to talk about it.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Top signing

Tuchel, who? Am I right @hans?
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:34 am

Goddammit hands off our manager!

And you nay-sayers, being 5th with that shit-show of a squad is a frickin' miracle, Kovac is great, and Bayern don't deserve him.

1 - 8 - 4
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:16 am

Will be sacked after his first and a half year.
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:31 pm

https://fcbayern.com/en/news/2018/04/press-release-130418

Official
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:41 pm

@hans WATTBA

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Dodged a bullet, it could have been Luis Enrique Proud
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Still funny how they managed to miss out on Tuchel. But I guess a guy with Tuchel's ambition really can't be at the same club as a Hoeness-sized ego.

1 - 8 - 4
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Ah.

I can t wait for Bayern to sign Perisic to 50 mln for the @Hans joy

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Bayern do many stupid things, but before they overpay for a player, they'll miss out on 10 reasonably priced one because they're cheapskates.

1 - 8 - 4
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:52 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:Still funny how they managed to miss out on Tuchel. But I guess a guy with Tuchel's ambition really can't be at the same club as a Hoeness-sized ego.

I can tell you exactly how they missed out on Tuchel.

Tuchel was already contacted last fall and was willing to take over, but Hoeness produced the Jupp deus ex machina to push the decision to the summer.
This was actually a great coup and noone could really argue against it, I mean JUPP, and Tuchel I think was at that point perfectly willing to wait until summer and take over under better circumstances, with less trouble and ample time. All good.

However, over the winter Hoeneß was stalling with his moronic idea of persuading Jupp for another year which he trumpeted all over the place, while everyone who listened to Jupp could sense this was not on. Jupp never gave an inch of hope he might continue, but Hoeness managed to stall the signing of another manager until beginning of March, when he finally realized too, as the last person on earth even though being Jupp's buddy, that Jupp was indeed leaving in summer as he had said all along.
Then, and only then, Hoeness agreed to hire Tuchel, they decided to make an offer for real. That was mid March FFS.

But at that point Tuchel had understandably just grown tired of waiting, being strung along for *bleep* half a year, with Hoeness blathering about Jupp while never in the slightest committing to Tuchel, and since PSG had just been kicked out of CL, they made decision to hire Tuchel which Tuchel agreed to.

So now he tells our board he's not available anymore and they suddenly realize they've made a mess out of it.
We now read that they indeed only contacted Kovac a couple of weeks ago (they never even bothered to contact Bobic), so Kovac is established as a firmly 3rd choice, at best.

We've hired Kovac because Hoeness made a MONUMENTAL mess of the search for our new manager.
These *bleep* clowns did nothing, but make public proclamation about Jupp, all winter, then find out their best option is gone and then scramble to hire the coach of Eintract Frankfurt. What a disaster.

Unbelievable how Hoeneß could be so foolish and so misjudge the situation.
Everyone knew Heynckess was not willing to continue, Heynckes himself said so with unmistakable clearness and even got visible annoyed by the continued moronic approaches.
Only Hoeness apparently completely overestimated his appeal and ability to persuade Jupp.

But probably he never wanted Tuchel anyway, he was trying to get Jupp for another year in order to pave some way for Nagelsmann or Löw, while Tuchel was available right away.

Since Hoeness return, there's trouble. Him and Rummenigge are not on the same page anymore. Lots of people have left, not the least Sammer and Reschke. I'll not talk about the coaching situation at the academy and the youth teams which is troubling.

Rummenigge wanted Tuchel.
I'll not make a judgement about Brazzo who has been behaving well so far and whom I have no reason to criticize, but hiring him as DoF was rather laughable of course. His test will come in the next couple of years. All I can say is, Gnabry will not be a solution to anything.
I don't know whom Brazzo favoured, I have every reason to believe he's clever and pragmatic and was absolutely willing to give Tuchel a try, it really was Hoeneß who *bleep* the whole thing up.

------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, Kovac is a top bloke, Bayern DNA, part of the family, Berlin born and bred just a few hundred meters away from what is now my home, did a great job at Frankfurt, looks like a top coach in the making, he'll be great.

Molenation

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:28 pm

Yeah I was hinting at what you said towards the end of your rant: I think Hoeness f*cking knew what he was doing. King Uli was sabotaging Kalle Rumenigge, and Bayern, intentionally, because he knows that a manager like Tuchel coming in would mean the beginning of the end of the backroom dealings and the weird nepotism Hoeness so loves.
I really don't see Tuchel or anyone like him coexisting peacefully with Hoeness.

1 - 8 - 4
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:12 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:Bayern do many stupid things, but before they overpay for a player, they'll miss out on 10 reasonably priced one because they're cheapskates.

^ it was just a banter , because Kovac is Croatian, Perisic is a proven Bundesliga player and Hans hates Perisic Laughing ( I admitt to have overrated him though )

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:12 am

Hans, Viva, others who follow German League; who is better and why?

Tuchel, Kovac or Nagelsmann???
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:21 am

Kovac disappointed with Croatia. We should start the sack watch already.
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:55 am

@iftikhar wrote:Hans, Viva, others who follow German League; who is better and why?

I've no idea. Nagelsmann and Kovac only really got their shot with one team each, while Tuchel at least had a very good performance with both Mainz and Dortmund. Tuchel certainly has achieved more success than the other two, but he had a decent squad at Dortmund, while Kovac especially is overachieving massively with the current Frankfurt squad, and Nagelsmann has visibly coached Hoffenheim to be a very cohesive unit, even if the results don't always follow, this is clearly a well-working team.

1 - 8 - 4
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:56 am

I should add, though, that of the three, Kovac is probably from what we've seen the worst fit for Bayern. Achieving success with a very reactive play style, concentrating on disruption and well-timed counters from a precisely drilled team is very impressive, but we really cannot yet say how any of that will translate to a first rate team littered with star players.

1 - 8 - 4
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am

@iftikhar wrote:Hans, Viva, others who follow German League; who is better and why?

Tuchel. Has more experience, proved he can build a consistent top team at Dortmund, was successful in Europe and his first CL season (won the group over Real). Plays dominant, expansive football and improves players.

Kovac has no experience at all with a team in Europe, but he has experience as a top player to rely on.

Nagelsmann has done an awesome job over several years with Hoffenheim, but no other experience as well.

At this point, Tuchel clearly the more proven and better coach, the others can get there.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2