The Demon of Carthage
Mr Nick09
Thimmy
Hapless_Hans
futbol_bill
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Where do you rank Benzema in all time Real Madrid - Page 4 Empty Re: Where do you rank Benzema in all time Real Madrid

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:41 am

Sanchez has more goals in almost half the games, how can he be omitted? I won't get into the other ones because it is somewhat subjective, but Sanchez was objectively the better CF.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Where do you rank Benzema in all time Real Madrid - Page 4 Empty Re: Where do you rank Benzema in all time Real Madrid

Post by Varnagel Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:16 am

Sanchez's goal/minut ratio is really impressive, that's for sure.

Where do you rank Benzema in all time Real Madrid - Page 4 UFUoe67

https://twitter.com/pedritonumeros/status/1060302366803705863

Last edited by Varnagel on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:15 am; edited 2 times in total

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:33 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:the Benz bashing needs to stop, he ranks top 3 CF in our history.
1. Puskas
2. Benzema
3. Raul

You ain't fed up troll your own brothers-in-arms?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:17 pm

I've always said that history will be kind to Benzema.

Try telling the kids in ten years that the third highest scorer in the history of the CL " sucks ".
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:52 pm

farfan wrote:I've always said that history will be kind to Benzema.

Try telling the kids in ten years that the third highest scorer in the history of the CL " sucks ".

That's assuming that kids of the future won't look up "Benzema fail machine" or "Benzema open goal misses" on Youtube hmm I think history will be kind to the majority of our players, to be fair.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Yeah numbers and charts doesn't matter when it comes to Benzema. it's just the modern football and him feeding of Madrid's best run in last 50 years.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:26 pm

The way I look at it, if an almost perennial bench player, Guti can be considered a club legend, then I guess Benzema can also be considered such!

And just for Chad's benefit, Isco is not much better than Guti in terms of starter status so he would be quite right in putting up a similar named thread re Isco.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:08 pm

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=501263442723

While we are discussing statistics, Benzema was the worst striker in la Liga last season Laughing

When was the last time a real Madrid striker literally became worst in the league in our history?

3 goals in open play from 32 matches... Even I could score more goals and I'm serious.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:35 pm

anelka's season with us he scored like 2 goals or something ludicrous like that. i don't know how many games he played in though. i doubt it was 32 because at some point the club suspended him for doing something stupid.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:59 pm

titosantill wrote:anelka's season with us he scored like 2 goals or something ludicrous like that. i don't know how many games he played in though. i doubt it was 32 because at some point the club suspended him for doing something stupid.

He fled Spain in the trunk of his brothers car lmao

GOAT episode
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:58 am

titosantill wrote:anelka's season with us he scored like 2 goals or something ludicrous like that. i don't know how many games he played in though. i doubt it was 32 because at some point the club suspended him for doing something stupid.

19 appearances, 2 goals.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:50 am

I readily admit that French players are one of the most likely to have bad attitudes. A lot of the people have a shitty outlook on life and I don't see why it would be different with the footballers....
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:27 pm

nah we've had at least 7 french players i can think of off the top of my head, none of whom had anelka's type of attitude. besides anelka was a problem at every club he went to , until he started playing for crap clubs and it seemed to have humbled him a bit, before he got resurrected again at chelsea. the problem was specific to anelka. i'm actually surprised he only played 19 games, i'm sure most of them weren't starts either
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat May 25, 2019 11:15 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx3AVY1I5Oe/?igshid=tp1jnq9arzgy

Benzema number one forever
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 25, 2019 11:18 pm

At least I know the weights I use for a reverse fly is the same as Benzema's. Also, Big Ben 4 lyfe
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 25, 2019 11:42 pm

If he keeps playing like he did this year... i will remember him mostly fondly. Very polarizing player as he never delivered on his talent, that was truly super elite. But he's easily among the best CFs of his era. he has 303 professional goals (lyon and madrid). That's more than respectable. Ibra, Suarez, Aguero, Cavani and Lewandowski are the others with that many over the same period who also played at elite clubs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:06 pm

Benzema is a great player, but he kinda reminds me about Kevin Durant.

Both are talented scorers who needed to join a stacked team to win titles.

Neither KD & Benzema have won anything as the undisputed best player in their team.

Their accomplishments doesn't hold much value IMHO.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:10 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Benzema is a great player, but he kinda reminds me about Kevin Durant.

Neither KD & Benzema have won anything as the undisputed best player in their team.

What a terrible comparison.

A 20-year-old Benzema actually won Ligue 1 as the clear-cut best player for Lyon.

If you wanna copy paste my posts, then at least get your facts straight.

Last edited by Varnagel on Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:16 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Benzema is a great player, but he kinda reminds me about Kevin Durant.

You’re an absolute idiot if you don’t think Durant is a better player than Curry.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:16 pm

Kevin durant is a horrible example. Durant has won multiple final mvps, a season mvp, and has been considered the best player in the league at times. Benzema has never came close to any of those

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:26 pm

Benzema was already a great scorer in the cl before he joined real Madrid, he would have won titles and been an elite player wherever he went, SAF wanted to make benzema a star at manu and flo convinced him to join RM, that is why flo has to honor benzema more than any player on the team, cause he knew benzema would have been better off being the main guy under a legendary manager, instead he gets treated like shit for being obviously better than higuain.

I have seen benzema do things on the pitch that amazing, and to see how quickly so called fans want to hurry and find way to take a dig at him, just show these discussions about benzema has never been about football, it's always been about making sure he isn't remembered too fondly and always reminiscing about how bad he was, all those cl goals always so hard to remember.

Benzema is the only player I have ever seen in my life, where being a great overall footballer makes you weaker at your natural position.

"he is not 9 cause he isn't donkey and knows how to read the game"

he is just a great footballer that has to do other players jobs, cause their too busy glory hunting and he makes it look easy, so let treat him like shit and blame him the most, treat cr like a god for shooting real Madrid out of another la liga race but at least he gets the golden boot!!!

Benzema earned those titles as much as anyone else, no amount made up rubbish that only applies to him nobody else playing football is gonna take that away.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:26 pm

Another fantastic piece of insight and analytical ability, Haps Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:37 pm

It was a rather stupid post, wasn't it?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:45 pm

You’re saying that as if the other 28223 were more sensible hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:15 pm

Benzema is top 5 all time at Real Madrid in terms of CFs... number 5 to be exact. Gento, Puskas, Sanchez, Santillana and then Benz.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:07 pm

Varnagel wrote:
If you wanna copy paste my posts, then at least get your facts straight.

Well what do you know, I actually got you to edit that absolute trainwreck of a post about Suarez Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next