halamadrid2
Unique
Mr Nick09
Luca
Collblanc
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is La Liga still #1? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is La Liga still #1?

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:52 pm

The argument and sorta conclusion has always been the top 2-3 teams in Spain are the best, whereas the rest of the league is too far behind, while the EPL supposedly has a top 4-6 teams and the rest of the league can challenge especially the Leicester win shows. There will always be different opinions, EPL always has a larger fan base and some ppl prefer that, while ppl who prefer to watch La Liga style has different taste.

@hala Villarreal plays like EPL team how? Always thought they are considered more technical and play on the ground more typical Spanish style?

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:39 pm

Here's the thing. If you take a close look at history, you'll realize that pretty much every single one of the top three leagues has at some point dominated the knockout rounds of the CL and eventually won the competition at least once every three years. It's usually a short-lived dominance with nothing out of the ordinary.

I had to wait until La Liga's resurgence to see the masterpiece that God had hid for centuries. They came back with a vengeance, riding on the back of the two best players of this generation, to forge a record that shall never be broken until this planet returns to ashes.

They scythed Europe in half with an unprecedented and brutal period of unparalleled dominance, winning 4 CLs in a row and 6 in the last decade alone. And they didn't stop there - they also sent their ruthless generals of Atlético and Sevilla to tear the Europa league to shreds. They won 5 Europa leagues between them in the last 7 years alone.

And believe me, they didn't stop there. They also hold the record of the most semi-finals reached in a row (7) (Real Madrid), and the only league in the world to have two clubs from the same town reach the final of the CL (Real Madrid and Atlético). And they have done it twice...

Still, trust me, they didn't stop there. They also happen to be the only league in the world to have at least, AT LEAST, two teams reaching the semi-final of the CLs more than 4 times in a row.

I answered the original poster's question, but to me it's not even a question. La Liga is light years ahead of the rest, and the brutal dominance it has inflicted upon Europe shall never be matched, whether it's in length (time) or brutality.

I suspect the dominance to fade though, and pretty soon, especially with sponsors showering the EPL with money in a desperate attempt to raise them out of the pathetic state they have been in for almost a decade. If it's not this year, La Liga will fall next year. Yes, There will come a time where another league takes over. But they'll never be able to replicate what La Liga has done. It's a god-like achievement worthy only of La Liga - the land of the Ballon d'Or winners, the greatest league in the world.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:53 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Here's the thing. If you take a close look at history, you'll realize that pretty much every single one of the top three leagues has at some point dominated the knockout rounds of the CL and eventually won the competition at least once every three years. It's usually a short-lived dominance with nothing out of the ordinary.

I had to wait until La Liga's resurgence to see the masterpiece that God had hid for centuries. They came back with a vengeance, riding on the back of the two best players of this generation, to forge a record that shall never be broken until this planet returns to ashes.

They scythed Europe in half with an unprecedented and brutal period of unparalleled dominance [...]

Is La Liga still #1? - Page 2 Bgfv
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:54 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Here's the thing. If you take a close look at history, you'll realize that pretty much every single one of the top three leagues has at some point dominated the knockout rounds of the CL and eventually won the competition at least once every three years. It's usually a short-lived dominance with nothing out of the ordinary.

They scythed Europe in half with an unprecedented and brutal period of unparalleled dominance, winning 4 CLs in a row and 6 in the last decade alone. And they didn't stop there - they also sent their ruthless generals of Atlético and Sevilla to tear the Europa league to shreds. They won 5 Europa leagues between them in the last 7 years alone.

And believe me, they didn't stop there. They also hold the record of the most semi-finals reached in a row (7) (Real Madrid), and the only league in the world to have two clubs from the same town reach the final of the CL (Real Madrid and Atlético). And they have done it twice...

Still, trust me, they didn't stop there. They also happen to be the only league in the world to have at least, AT LEAST, two teams reaching the semi-final of the CLs more than 4 times in a row.

I answered the original poster's question, but to me it's not even a question. La Liga is light years ahead of the rest, and the brutal dominance it has inflicted upon Europe shall never be matched, whether it's in length (time) or brutality.

I suspect the dominance to fade though, and pretty soon, especially with sponsors showering the EPL with money in a desperate attempt to raise them out of the pathetic state they have been in for almost a decade. If it's not this year, La Liga will fall next year. Yes, There will come a time where another league takes over. But they'll never be able to replicate what La Liga has done. It's a god-like achievement worthy only of La Liga - the land of the Ballon d'Or winners, the greatest league in the world.

:bow:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:02 pm

zigra wrote:There's only one actual league and that is the EPL.

As usual, no respect given for you @Zigra. Jesus wept.

The other DoC doesn't represent the other Doc's on this forum.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:22 pm

La Liga is leagues (no pun) ahead of the other 3 top leagues who are about equal. No question.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:57 pm

Doc wrote:
zigra wrote:There's only one actual league and that is the EPL.

As usual, no respect given for you @Zigra. Jesus wept.

The other DoC doesn't represent the other Doc's on this forum.

It's shocking brother. Absolutely shocking. Don't even know what to say. Zero respect left in some of these punks.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:26 pm

:coffee: Heart
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:31 pm

You can gloat as much you want about how La Liga has been dominating Europe for years but that won't stop me from watching Brexit GOAT League week in week out over that sum bitch and that's all I gotta say about that
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:44 pm

I still remember when there was Serie A hype recently, because of a fraud title battle lol Just a Bundesliga with stadiums more empty
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Robespierre wrote:I still remember when there was Serie A hype recently, because of a fraud title battle lol Just a Bundesliga with stadiums more empty

Can't tell if you are describing Italy or Spain here tbh.

The description fits both leagues.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Robespierre wrote:I still remember when there was Serie A hype recently, because of a fraud title battle lol Just a Bundesliga with stadiums more empty

Maybe Serie A could be a bit more prestigious if Inter and Milan weren't as shitty as they are. Juve is carrying the league in Europe all alone and does a decent work at it.

Usually this is Milan's job, our own speciality is winning the scudetto
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Same for Bayern yet I 've read often  about the "Bundesfodder"narrative.
I'd not make fun of them (and I am even Italian) because Serie A is the poor version.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:05 pm

You only say this to downgrade Juve's success while your team is in shambles fighting for the Europa spots

Serie A >>>>> Bundesliga especially since Dortmund came back to decent at best
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Robespierre wrote:Same for Bayern yet I 've read often  about the "Bundesfodder"narrative.
I'd not make fun of them (and I am even Italian) because Serie A is the poor version.

If by better version of Serie A means fans jumping and dancing when their teams get hammered 8-0 by Bayern then I'm not buying it. It's like every team in Germany enjoys Bayern giving them a nice blowjob or something.  Truly horrendous imo.

Never forget that every fan in BL is a supporter of all 18 teams.

My next shoot promo on BL is to comment on how Bayern are the biggest myth in Europe. Stay tuned.

Last edited by S on Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Can't tell if you are describing Italy or Spain here tbh.

The description fits both leagues.

So true. People can talk about results in Europe all they want - at least the PL has actual teams people care about. Average attendance in Spain - 70% of the possible maximum rofl in the EPL it's 98%. REAL league. Not even the spanish want to watch the spanish "league".
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:58 pm

zigra wrote: Not even the spanish want to watch the spanish "league".

Dont blame them tbh. They probably are sitting home with beer and watching real men playing in England instead of 5 foot 6 inches feminine midgets cuddling each other.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:08 pm

"Saturdays at 3pm local time in the UK which is the main football day, there are limits put in place on how they can be shown - especially on satellite / cable and most recently even online streaming..........
The reason for this is to make people go to the stadiums and watch it live."

https://www.quora.com/Why-arent-all-English-Premier-league-football-matches-televised

It's not rocket science.

breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Scheduling at la liga is so superior though. You could spend all weekend just watching football. In England and Italy you have far too many matches at the same time.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Yeah, I can see an 8am match, then an 11, then a 2 pm match and finally a 4:30pm match for both Saturday and Sunday when it comes to La Liga. PL, most matches are played at the same time which I get but still, La Liga scheduling >>

As much as I love Spanish and Italian football though, can't help but rate PL higher than all of them. It just appeals to me more these days.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:47 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Scheduling at la liga is so superior though. You could spend all weekend just watching football. In England and Italy you have far too many matches at the same time.

That's the reason why the stadiums are so poorly filled. ( one of them anyway)

In England live attendance takes precedence over TV ratings, which isn't really the case in other countries sadly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:48 pm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:30 pm

Roma beat Barca and 3rd/4th placed Loserpool absolutely obliterated them

Atletico being obliterated by 6th placed Arsenal

@Collblanc, I think you have your answer friendo

Is La Liga still #1? - Page 2 2hzZ6iU
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Brexit is #1

Brexit has always been #1

Who permitted this thread to even exist?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:47 pm

Hold your horses
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:47 pm

Masterclass RJ
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next