Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Zagadka on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:17 pm

Before every tournament, these talks happen.

South Africa and Brazil are among the top two most crime-ridden countries on earth, the tournaments went smoothly. France had been struck with terrorist attacks before Euro 2016, the tournament went smoothly, same happens with Russia. I have gotten tickets to some matches and just received my fan ID in the mail.

Plus, I'd take Russia's "aggression" of allegedly poisoning a traitor and annexing Crimea without firing a shot than America/UK/France' aggressions of droning those who want dead and invading helpless countries resulting in massacre of hundreds of thousands. The Russian aggression, which of course happens, tends to have fewer casualties and long-term pain. One evil empire (USSR) down, one more to go hopefully (USA).

Seven years ago, France/UK/US (the ones crying here) did this in name of liberating Libya, and brought back slave markets and slavery to the region as a result.

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 DYnkf9VVMAA_tAK


Fifteen years ago, ditto with Iraq. Their claims and allegations have zero credibility for anyone with IQ above the room temperature.

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 DYmwfYDU0AA2Vvs

Zagadka
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 321
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:51 pm

^^^Clear Russian right here.

What are the odds somebody opens an account yesterday, and immediately posts an essay in defense of Russia? The propaganda network is absolutely amazing.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Pedram on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Damn Russian bots are infiltrating goallegacy now, talk about sophisticated operation.

Zagadka hit them with that Soviet active measures.  Molenation

_________________
Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 60580263051342439229
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5868
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by CBarca on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:11 pm

GL too?

Honestly I would love to uncover the sheer scale of the Russian propaganda/troll operation

Hey zagadka, quick message, go *bleep* yourself

-25% for insults - JD

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 17546
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by zigra on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Welcome @Zagadka, promising new proper poster. Don't let the Americans on here wear you down. They actually believe they are the good guys but just like the rest of us you will learn to live with it.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 4053
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Zagadka on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:19 pm

I am just calling out the moral high ground hypocrisy of some posters. I've lived long enough to see many evil empires in the world, including Russians. I am Asian myself.

Seeing Russia only has a GDP equivalent of South Korea, I don't think they would waste their bot budget on a football forum, where there are better ways for it to be spent; for example on websites which get a lot more clicks and has readers solely interested in politics.

@CBarca, Reported your post for personal insult.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 321
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:20 pm

@Zagadka wrote:
Plus, I'd take Russia's "aggression" of allegedly poisoning a traitor and annexing Crimea without firing a shot than America/UK/France' aggressions of droning those who want dead and invading helpless countries resulting in massacre of hundreds of thousands. The Russian aggression, which of course happens, tends to have fewer casualties and long-term pain. One evil empire (USSR) down, one more to go hopefully (USA).


You seem to be forgetting about invading east Ukraine and being at war with them? What part of that is not aggressive? Or proping up the Assad regime who has literally killed thousands of his own civilians with banned weapons?

I don't really have a dog in this fight and agree with many of the GLers that the UK and US have no standing to criticize Russia on moral grounds, but this argument here is bullshit.

_________________
Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 TRAPOBIELSA

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 24021
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by zigra on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:27 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Zagadka wrote:
Plus, I'd take Russia's "aggression" of allegedly poisoning a traitor and annexing Crimea without firing a shot than America/UK/France' aggressions of droning those who want dead and invading helpless countries resulting in massacre of hundreds of thousands. The Russian aggression, which of course happens, tends to have fewer casualties and long-term pain. One evil empire (USSR) down, one more to go hopefully (USA).


You seem to be forgetting about invading east Ukraine and being at war with them?  What part of that is not aggressive? Or proping up the Assad regime who has literally killed thousands of his own civilians with banned weapons?

I don't really have a dog in this fight and agree with many of the GLers that the UK and US have no  standing to criticize Russia on moral grounds, but this argument here is bullshit.

Yeah that's true. No need to demonize Russia like Americans love to do but let's not act like they are some innocent and peaceful angels Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 4053
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Zagadka on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:27 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Zagadka wrote:
Plus, I'd take Russia's "aggression" of allegedly poisoning a traitor and annexing Crimea without firing a shot than America/UK/France' aggressions of droning those who want dead and invading helpless countries resulting in massacre of hundreds of thousands. The Russian aggression, which of course happens, tends to have fewer casualties and long-term pain. One evil empire (USSR) down, one more to go hopefully (USA).


You seem to be forgetting about invading east Ukraine and being at war with them?  What part of that is not aggressive? Or proping up the Assad regime who has literally killed thousands of his own civilians with banned weapons?

I don't really have a dog in this fight and agree with many of the GLers that the UK and US have no  standing to criticize Russia on moral grounds, but this argument here is bullshit.


Hi BC. As I mentioned, Russian aggression does exist, but since the fall of the USSR, the US/UK/France aggression has killed a lot more people and destroyed more countries than the Russian aggression. I don't like either, and I doubt members would care if France/US/UK were hosting a tournament. I really hope once China becomes an official superpower (they already are), they don't abuse it as much as Americans/Brits/French or Russians have done.

I love the World Cup because of new teams and feeling of hope it brings to the world. That's why I am going with a positive attitude and find all the talks of boycott ridiculous. If Ukraine were boycotting I'd understand. But UK/France? Give me a break.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 321
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Collblanc on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Guys, really, there is no spectrum in being "more" wrong or "more" evil. While this being said: US, UK, Russia have no right in talking shit about other countries. They are all evil. Not US, or Russia is more evil than the other. That is not how it works. Laughing Either you have done something wrong, or you havent. Accepting a spectrum, means you accept countries doing something wrong, but accepting the wrong-ness, claiming A is "less" wrong then B. Either you are evil, or you are not.


Last edited by Collblanc on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Internacional
Posts : 2298
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:29 pm

@Zagadka wrote:I am just calling out the moral high ground hypocrisy of some posters. I've lived long enough to see many evil empires in the world, including Russians. I am Asian myself.

Seeing Russia only has a GDP equivalent of South Korea, I don't think they would waste their bot budget on a football forum, where there are better ways for it to be spent; for example on websites which get a lot more clicks and has readers solely interested in politics.

@CBarca, Reported your post for personal insult.


什麼部落?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by terrance511 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:31 pm

calling BC BC.

ES imo.

_________________
Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 2reVend
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1263
Join date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Collblanc on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:31 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:什麼部落?



广东话
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Internacional
Posts : 2298
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Collblanc on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:31 pm

Who else talks more then 10 languages?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Internacional
Posts : 2298
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Collblanc on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:32 pm

@Zagadka wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Zagadka wrote:
Plus, I'd take Russia's "aggression" of allegedly poisoning a traitor and annexing Crimea without firing a shot than America/UK/France' aggressions of droning those who want dead and invading helpless countries resulting in massacre of hundreds of thousands. The Russian aggression, which of course happens, tends to have fewer casualties and long-term pain. One evil empire (USSR) down, one more to go hopefully (USA).


You seem to be forgetting about invading east Ukraine and being at war with them?  What part of that is not aggressive? Or proping up the Assad regime who has literally killed thousands of his own civilians with banned weapons?

I don't really have a dog in this fight and agree with many of the GLers that the UK and US have no  standing to criticize Russia on moral grounds, but this argument here is bullshit.


Hi BC. As I mentioned, Russian aggression does exist, but since the fall of the USSR, the US/UK/France aggression has killed a lot more people and destroyed more countries than the Russian aggression. I don't like either, and I doubt members would care if France/US/UK were hosting a tournament. I really hope once China becomes an official superpower (they already are), they don't abuse it as much as Americans/Brits/French or Russians have done.

I love the World Cup because of new teams and feeling of hope it brings to the world. That's why I am going with a positive attitude and find all the talks of boycott ridiculous. If Ukraine were boycotting I'd understand. But UK/France? Give me a break.


Where do you live atm? What games are you going to?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Internacional
Posts : 2298
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Zagadka on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:34 pm

^ I live in Canada, but often go to the States and outside for business.

I'm going to some games in groups B, H, and F.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 321
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Zagadka on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
@Zagadka wrote:I am just calling out the moral high ground hypocrisy of some posters. I've lived long enough to see many evil empires in the world, including Russians. I am Asian myself.

Seeing Russia only has a GDP equivalent of South Korea, I don't think they would waste their bot budget on a football forum, where there are better ways for it to be spent; for example on websites which get a lot more clicks and has readers solely interested in politics.

@CBarca, Reported your post for personal insult.


什麼部落?


苗族
Zagadka
Zagadka
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 321
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:40 pm

@Collblanc wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:什麼部落?



广东话


Canton people? Cant read that Laughing

I can only really understand words that have similar meaning/writing in Japanese Laughing Laughing


EDIT:Shit im slow. Cantonese Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mind blank.


Last edited by Betty La Fea on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by CBarca on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 pm

neither country is blood free when it comes to foreign policy, this is obvious (and no country can say they are)

but the US isn't currently interfering in other countries elections, democracy, sovereignty, the US isn't releasing Russian made nerve agents in the UK, the US has made incredible progress on LGBT issues and isn't stuck in a homophobic stone age when it comes to LGBT rights, the US doesn't have a massive online troll operation infiltrating places like GL, the US isn't murdering its own journalists, and the US isn't a dictatorship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_concentration_camps_in_Chechnya

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 17546
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 pm

@Zagadka wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
@Zagadka wrote:I am just calling out the moral high ground hypocrisy of some posters. I've lived long enough to see many evil empires in the world, including Russians. I am Asian myself.

Seeing Russia only has a GDP equivalent of South Korea, I don't think they would waste their bot budget on a football forum, where there are better ways for it to be spent; for example on websites which get a lot more clicks and has readers solely interested in politics.

@CBarca, Reported your post for personal insult.


什麼部落?


苗族


越南?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by zigra on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:42 pm

@CBarca wrote:neither country is blood free when it comes to foreign policy, this is obvious (and no country can say they are)

but the US isn't currently interfering in other countries elections, democracy, sovereignty, the US isn't releasing Russian made nerve agents in the UK, the US has made incredible progress on LGBT issues and isn't stuck in a homophobic stone age when it comes to LGBT rights, the US doesn't have a massive online troll operation infiltrating places like GL, the US isn't murdering its own journalists, and the US isn't a dictatorship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_concentration_camps_in_Chechnya


lmao


Last edited by zigra on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 4053
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by CBarca on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:44 pm

@Collblanc wrote:Guys, really, there is no spectrum in being "more" wrong or "more" evil. While this being said: US, UK, Russia have no right in talking shit about other countries. They are all evil. Not US, or Russia is more evil than the other. That is not how it works. Laughing Either you have done something wrong, or you havent. Accepting a spectrum, means you accept countries doing something wrong, but accepting the wrong-ness, claiming A is "less" wrong then B. Either you are evil, or you are not.


One of the worst comments I've ever read in my life

A spectrum exists on every topic.

You sound like those people who say that touching a woman's back when she didn't consent to that is the same as rape

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 17546
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Collblanc on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:53 pm

@CBarca wrote:You sound like those people who say that touching a woman's back when she didn't consent to that is the same as rape


Yes. You have crossed a line. It does not matter what line.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Internacional
Posts : 2298
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Zagadka on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:57 pm

@Zigra

I don't think we can blame him. He's a 21 year old American who thinks the entire globe revolves around their country. His media justifies the Iraq/Libya massacre as spreading democracy. I always thought the stereotype about Americans not knowing anything about the outside world was just, a stereotype, until I frequented there more often. It's actually mind-blowing. For such a rich country mostly (in monetary terms), their world and historical knowledge is very limited because the media consumed focuses on artificial issues such as Kardashians, Porn Stars, Hollywood, than the real world. They may have world's most coveted universities, but something with their primary and secondary school education is very off. That's why when they travel to Asia, they act so inappropriately and mostly disrespectful towards other cultures, over-drink, and pollute the city and are barely even interested to learn more. Sadly, Asians governments look the other way, because they spend $$$. Most of them can't even find the nations on the world map, that they advocate bombing and war with.

I can't post a direct link since I'm a new member. But New York Times' "If Americans Can Find North Korea on a Map, They’re More Likely to Prefer Diplomacy" article is an example.

Anyways, that's it for me in this thread, I prefer to focus on the beautiful game. Hoping for a nice and peaceful world cup, and if any other member is attending...I'll be happy to help with logistics/travel information.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 321
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Unique on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:29 pm

@Zagadka wrote:@Zigra

I don't think we can blame him. He's a 21 year old American who thinks the entire globe revolves around their country. His media justifies the Iraq/Libya massacre as spreading democracy. I always thought the stereotype about Americans not knowing anything about the outside world was just, a stereotype, until I frequented there more often. It's actually mind-blowing. For such a rich country mostly (in monetary terms), their world and historical knowledge is very limited because the media consumed focuses on artificial issues such as Kardashians, Porn Stars, Hollywood, than the real world. They may have world's most coveted universities, but something with their primary and secondary school education is very off. That's why when they travel to Asia, they act so inappropriately and mostly disrespectful towards other cultures, over-drink, and pollute the city and are barely even interested to learn more. Sadly, Asians governments look the other way, because they spend $$$. Most of them can't even find the nations on the world map, that they advocate bombing and war with.

I can't post a direct link since I'm a new member. But New York Times' "If Americans Can Find North Korea on a Map, They’re More Likely to Prefer Diplomacy" article is an example.

Anyways, that's it for me in this thread, I prefer to focus on the beautiful game. Hoping for a nice and peaceful world cup, and if any other member is attending...I'll be happy to help with logistics/travel information.
the truth of the matter is America can pretty much do what it likes and no body can do much about it tbh.

_________________
Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15403
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Doc on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:39 pm

CB really dropped the ball with that opening sentence lol.

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13633
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors of WC boycott starting to pick up

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum