Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Firenze
S
43 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris  - Page 5 Empty Re: Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Imagine being saved by Di Maria in 2018

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris  - Page 5 Empty Re: Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Imagine being saved by Di Maria in 2018

That's the only good thing he did all game... that's his ammo.  He killed attack after attack by misplacing passes, picking the wrong man to pass to, etc. Wasn't even doing anything defensively other than running around aimlessly.

But in today's game, you score and you're a hero despite being extremely poor.  

Di Maria hasn't been good for PSG going on 2 years now.  He was good through the second game against Real Madrid back in the day and then he fell off a cliff for PSG.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:05 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:maybe dont play a team where Rabiot and Verratti are double pivot, what a garbage idea. both do not know what it mean to work hard in midfield and to sacrifice for your team.

PSG need hard working mid, no need to play with 4 attackers when you have Neymar and Mbappe + Cavani upfront. Either set a 3 man defense or bring more hard working mids

That too. But they didnt' sign a DM and Motta retired. Their holding mid options are Lass, Marquinhos (lol) and a bunch of kids.

They did a really poor job with their transfers this past summer... similar to Madrid. Signed and promoted a bunch of kids and thought that would magically solve all the problems.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:55 am

sportsczy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Imagine being saved by Di Maria in 2018

That's the only good thing he did all game... that's his ammo.  He killed attack after attack by misplacing passes, picking the wrong man to pass to, etc.  Wasn't even doing anything defensively other than running around aimlessly.

But in today's game, you score and you're a hero despite being extremely poor.  
sounds like his last 2 WCs for Argentina
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:45 am

Yeah... very very frustrating player to watch.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:14 am

Mbappe has awful finishing good lord. Neymar created chance after chance.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:10 pm

1 chance is not a ton of chances. And he's got 11 goals on 39 shots this season... which is a very respectable 28.2%

He could be at 50% tbh the way he blows by people. But that's also the problem. A lot of his chances come at full speed, which are harder to time properly as a lot more things can go wrong.

He's an absolute killer finisher at normal speed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:10 pm

Too many star names and a lack of balance in the lineup. Not too sure how I feel about Neymar playing as a #10 either. PSG's midfield is also incredibly unbalanced. Tuchel has quite the task getting PSG out of the group stages considering he's up against Napoli and Liverpool. Then again PSG does have the qualitative advantage, but those teams have the superior systems. He definitely has a tough time coming.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:38 am

I think Mbappe's style of play will not age well. He has to figure shit out because acceleration and speed should not be his best weapon for the next 10+ years. That style of quick bursts/accelerating is also injury prone,if he loses his speed and explosiveness with an injury it could be bad. There's a ton of speedy injury prone wingers who are more injured than playing football. I just don't see Mbappe that talented technically, he can't dribble in tight spaces and he is mostly relying on his speed, when you deny space for him, he can't play. He has been average this season apart from those Lyon goals.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:47 am

Mbappé should be moved to his natural position, which is forward or just behind the striker. His best attributes are finishing and smart movement and he should be close to the box rather than on the wings.

People have been making a big deal out of defender X keeping Mbappé in his pocket and I just don't think it's that impressive. Unless he beats you with speed, most of his dribbles are predictable and telegraphed. He can still beat his man from time to time and his passing is decent enough to make him a good winger, but most of his qualities are wasted there.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:21 am

I think the worldwide yet premature praise and admiration for him came when he raped the whole Argentina defence.

If this was 1986 and he did that against Passarella and Batista, I would have said the praise is valid, but against the aging, slow, terrible Argentina defence? C'mon brahs.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:58 am

danyjr wrote:I think the worldwide yet premature praise and admiration for him came when he raped the whole Argentina defence.

If this was 1986 and he did that against Passarella and Batista, I would have said the praise is valid, but against the aging, slow, terrible Argentina defence? C'mon brahs.

That's exactly what I said bruh. Argentina's terrible defence left so much space for counter attacks and any player that has speed would have a performance like that in that game. That's when everyone started hyping him prematurely. When he doesn't have that space, he can't figure it out. The very next game against Uruguay when he had a solid defence to deal with he was nowhere to be seen.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:01 am

The hype is deserved. We haven't seen a teenager perform at this level since Brazilian Ronaldo.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:03 pm

anyone from the 'fraud' section want to comment on the fact Tuchel has now won his first 13 league games in a row with PSG, 45:7 goals?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:27 pm

"league games"

better term would be farmers friendlies
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:33 pm

OK... i have to admit that, although I admired Tuchel in Dortmund, I thought his tactics were a bit reckless there. He was also trying to be too much of a "genius" with crazy setups.

Let me tell you... the guy is probably the second most talented manager after Pep in terms of pure managing and strategic genius. Really impressed. Neymar as the 10. He has Dani Alves playing midfield, Marquinhos playing the mid. Kehrer and Kimpembe playing both CB and fullback... and now, Di Maria played central striker. I kid you not. Granted, he had Mbappe playing next to him. But it worked!

He also switches game to game from 352 to 442 to 433 to 4231 with ease.

The mental and tactical discipline he's instilled in all the players, including the superstars, is really something to behold. Almost all the players can perform at multiple positions... and do!

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:02 am

And to think we had a genuine chance to sign this guy instead of Bumery Sad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:07 am

sportsczy wrote:Let me tell you... the guy is probably the second most talented manager after Pep in terms of pure managing and strategic genius. Really impressed. Neymar as the 10. He has Dani Alves playing midfield, Marquinhos playing the mid. Kehrer and Kimpembe playing both CB and fullback... and now, Di Maria played central striker. I kid you not. Granted, he had Mbappe playing next to him. But it worked!

Except playing players out of position against shit French teams which lose the game even if you play Neymar in GK is not a measure of tactical genius.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:10 am

danyjr wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Let me tell you... the guy is probably the second most talented manager after Pep in terms of pure managing and strategic genius. Really impressed. Neymar as the 10. He has Dani Alves playing midfield, Marquinhos playing the mid. Kehrer and Kimpembe playing both CB and fullback... and now, Di Maria played central striker. I kid you not. Granted, he had Mbappe playing next to him. But it worked!

Except playing players out of position against shit French teams which lose the game even if you play Neymar in GK is not a measure of tactical genius.

TIL Manchester United, Napoli, and Liverpool are shit French teams.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:17 am

He lost to Liverpool at Anfield.
Beating United and Napoli are no big feats.

In other words, no.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:30 am

danyjr wrote:He lost to Liverpool at Anfield.
Beating United and Napoli are no big feats.

In other words, no.

No to what exactly? you tried to make the point that Tuchel's tinkering only works against " shit french teams", which is provably false, just like all your takes.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:36 am

Okay little buddy.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:What an absolute fraud lmao

Yup Yup

I can't believe he is rated for his football when he has achieved nothing in his life.

Fraud of the highest order just because he likes to play 'attacking football'

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:59 pm

Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris ...... are over
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:01 pm

told everyone he was gash. Cool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:OK... i have to admit that, although I admired Tuchel in Dortmund, I thought his tactics were a bit reckless there. He was also trying to be too much of a "genius" with crazy setups.

Let me tell you... the guy is probably the second most talented manager after Pep in terms of pure managing and strategic genius. Really impressed. Neymar as the 10. He has Dani Alves playing midfield, Marquinhos playing the mid. Kehrer and Kimpembe playing both CB and fullback... and now, Di Maria played central striker. I kid you not. Granted, he had Mbappe playing next to him. But it worked!

He also switches game to game from 352 to 442 to 433 to 4231 with ease.

The mental and tactical discipline he's instilled in all the players, including the superstars, is really something to behold. Almost all the players can perform at multiple positions... and do!

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next