+3
futbol_bill
Doc
halamadrid2
7 posters

Go down

Las Palmas v Real Madrid Empty Las Palmas v Real Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:24 pm

Nice cruise control against this Paco Jemez led team. Somebody needs to slap Asensio awake, he's been a disaster. The rest have done well enough. I like when we press from the front. We're too leaky when ww drop back.

If Vallejo could stay injury free he'd have a great career. Poor Nacho he looked distraught
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Las Palmas v Real Madrid Empty Re: Las Palmas v Real Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:41 pm

Lol this ref. Harmonicas nightmare
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:00 pm

Funny to see 2 legit PKs get called in the same match. Anyway, boringest match I've seen all morning, honestly topping the Utd Swansea game.

3-0 up and we literally do not want to keep a clean sheet. Benzema missing open goals and basically a match I really wish just hurry up and done.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:24 pm

I felt the same. Even the guys played like they felt they were punished by being forced to play.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:44 pm

5 goals in La Liga as our starting forward. Sigh. I don't know if I can find more insults for Benzema at this point.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:15 pm

Doc, Chad called me and asked me to post this on his behalf!!!!

Chad wrote:?>:&^% , you know nothing about futball. ?:<<^%$$ Benz was MOM today, so sick and tired of you guys not seeing Benz being ignored
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:31 pm

Achraf was good today. We need to get off his back. He's had good performances this season. And he's a kid. He just sucks at crossing.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:47 pm

He is really weak though, can't outmuscle a mouse and he looks like he was forced to play football by his parents. He couldn't look more miserable if he tried
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:56 pm

Achraf shouldn't be playing at Madrid right now... it's that simple. Same could be said about many of our subs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:09 pm

he only played because Nacho got hurt. I heard him during the international break saying he was disappointed of not getting more minutes, talking about how he would have loved to defend Neymar 1v1 rofl good lord, thankfully you did not Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:30 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:he only played because Nacho got hurt. I heard him during the international break saying he was disappointed of not getting more minutes, talking about how he would have loved to defend Neymar 1v1 rofl good lord, thankfully you did not Laughing

i read that but didn't think nothing of it....then when watching the game and seeing him come on, i remembered that interview and coincidentally had the exact same expression you had i actually said "good lord" lol
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:37 pm

Doc wrote:5 goals in La Liga as our starting forward. Sigh. I don't know if I can find more insults for Benzema at this point.

and 2 of those from the spot, he didn't even win the pk. lol when his defenders talk about his unselfishness, if he was so unselfish he would have allowed bale take the penalty instead of shielding the ball from him. but that's what happens when you're the best 9 in the world and can't score consistently to save your skin, you start scrapping for any pk you can get, when uncle cristiano or ramos ain't around
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:11 am

Bale already had a goal and Benz was the captain. It was his prerogative. He could have taken the second one too actually.

Let's call him what he is... a 10. He's our top assist man (no joke) with 9 all comps lol.

The scary part is that our midfield trio of Kroos, Modric and Casemiro only have 13 assists combined. Bale has 5 and CR has 6.

Frankly, our creativity on the attack has been appalling overall.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:18 am

he is not a 10; that gives the impression that he's out here playing like ozil, finding pockets in the defense, releasing through balls in the final third and quarter backing the offense. he isn't doing that; i've taken it upon myself to prevent us from shifting the goal post for this guy. in one season he has gone from "best 9" to modern cf (who will score 30 and assist 20) to now a number 10? that's not going to fly, not on my watch

a 10 does more than 1-2s and give and go passes. that's a slap in the face to other nos 10s. he is a player who really should be on the bench as our back up when we sign someone reasonable. what's next after this nos 10 tag? we'll be saying he isn't a 9 nor a 10 but a central midfielder. until he goes full circle and takes up his original role as a defensive mid.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:12 pm

So people are aware btw... Benzema always kicks his PKs to the same side. Always. He can't kick it to the other side with the way he comes at the ball. People should get smart to it very soon. I hope he doesn't need to take a critical pk.

The side he always shoots is his left.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:29 pm

So you’re saying he was lucky, he got his 5th goal of season yesterday?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:24 pm

No. The keeper went the right way... but Benz was inch perfect on that one. He's not always going to be inch perfect, especially if there's pressure.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:36 pm

titosantill wrote:
a 10 does more than 1-2s and give and go passes. that's a slap in the face to other nos 10s. he is a player who really should be on the bench as our back up when we sign someone reasonable. what's next after this nos 10 tag? we'll be saying he isn't a 9 nor a 10 but a central midfielder. until he goes full circle and takes up his original role as a defensive mid.
i think this is the plan, signing a n9 like Lewandowski and putting Benzema on the bench as back up.

problem with that strategy is if you cant sign Lewandowski, then the drop off on the next n9 on the list is quite big
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:00 pm

hitting your penalty in the same spot isn't always a problem if you're near perfect in your approach. sometimes people do that cos they can't put enough power or control on their shot to take it the other way. zidane for the most part hit the bulk of his penalties to the the goalkeeper's right side. then almost botched it when he decided to try something different with the panenka at the world cup finals. my thing with penalites (Especially in a shoot out) is players shouldn't over-think, hit it to the position you're most comfortable with some power

@nick, yes that's true it just means the club has to be smarter in their approach and start taking and making calls right now. less time spent on negotiating and actually closing deals. even though there's talk about lewa, we still can't be sure what flo's plans are. he's been quite unpredictable of late; but i don't think he plans on missing out on his targets this time around

if we are pissed about losing the title in october i can't imagine what flo must be feeling especially as he thought we were starting some renaissance after our double last season. only to watch the rivals do what they're doing currently.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:51 pm

yeah i am sure they are working on deals but the market is hostile, it's almost impossible to get your first choice.

The only CF of quality that we can sign with no hassle is Icardi.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:00 pm

It's not the hostility.... wages are an issue. We can't expect players to come to Madrid and take a big pay cut. It's strange because we used to be the most generous club in the world in terms of compensation. Now, I'm not sure we're top 5.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:28 pm

And you’re basing this on What?

There only have been your two overhyped countrymen who had unreal salary demands. I say unreal in that they wanted a salary greater than most if not all players at Madrid and yet they wouldn’t have been a top player at club.

I fully expect that Flo will have no problem paying Lewandowski a salary second to only Ronaldo.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down