The 2017/18 Calcio Thread: Part 3

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread: Part 3

Post by Warrior on Mon May 14, 2018 6:20 am

Lyon fans remember damn well it was 7

Juve fans will remember it's 7 and not 5

The rest of you can pamper yourselves with your 6th places and your crappy transfers. Maybe Doc you have more to brag about but i've never understood what was your problem towards Juve anyway. My 5 cents that it's the new crest.

Always belittle Juve i don't frankly give 2 shits, but today it was lack of class by you guys. Give us a break for our celebration time.

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick on Mon May 14, 2018 6:33 am

@Doc wrote:I'll just say this 7 in a row, this sheer dominance would be remembered the same way we remember Lyon's dominance in Ligue 1. Without Googling, I reckon they won like 5 or 7 in a row. It's great but it's not exactly great great.

Laughing

Winning 7 in a row is a massive achievement, and will be remembered by many people.

I'd love to win 7 league titles in a row. I'm sure most Madrid fans would too. Barca were event celebrating winning 7 out of 10, so imagine how they'd feel if those 7 were in a row.

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Mon May 14, 2018 7:57 am

No one will remember the 7 by Juve in 20 years apart from Juve fans, everyone else will remember it as a blot in Serie A history, a dark time where frauds roamed the night and refs decided games by noon

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 am

In 20 years all of us here will be past the peak of our lives. Who knows and cares what will be remembered by the majority of people by then, can't predict that.

So it's better to enjoy the present days instead. Thankfully Juve fans have a lot to celebrate.

On the rossoneri side, i know an American hedge fund waiting to get a 300 millions loan back. If unpaid they can takeover the club. Better carpe diem while your club AC Milan still EXISTS Wink
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Mon May 14, 2018 8:56 am

Let me help out some of the terrible losers of a 38 game league they basically weren't even competing in.

Instead of this
@Kaladin wrote:
No one will remember this Juve team, its not a team that plays great football, its not a team that made European strides, its not a team that has likeable figures, its not a team that played in a tough league and its not a team that had historic games this period.

Try this
@McLewis wrote:Congrats guys.
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Mon May 14, 2018 9:36 am

I made a thread congratulating Juve on Scudetto 17/18 in August

I think i deserve an apology

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian on Mon May 14, 2018 11:32 am

All what deez people are trying to say is that unfortunately for us Juve fans no one will remember that we won 7 Scudetti in a row.
People will instead remember Fozza Pazza Inter for being the laughing stock of Serie A during these years.
They will remember the beautiful football of Niples and their rivalry with Padowin on who's colected more trophies and of course the mighty Milang for repeating "Next year will be our year".

Sorry fratelli we just can't beat that.
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Mon May 14, 2018 11:35 am

Of course he talks about Inter as first thing.
A good number of Juve fans don't celebrate their Scudetti , they justify them and it is a just a relief to not have lost it so as to make fun of others because they  didn't win it.
A sort of existential dissatisfaction.
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian on Mon May 14, 2018 11:43 am

Sorry bro but the exact opposite of winning 7/7 these last years has to be Inter so it's normaly the first thing that would come in my mind.But don't get sad as I also included Napoli and your cousins of Milang.

It gets tiring and somehow boring after 7 in a row but yet is a good feeling celebrating it and why not tease the losers a little bit.That's how I would describe such feeling you might never get from your beloved team. In4 triplette...
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Mon May 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Allegri on Juve's best player of the season:
“Best player of the season? I don’t know, it’s hard to pick up one. I’d say Pinsoglio beucase he arrived here after two tough seasons with Livorno and Latina. He deserved this title because he settled in well here and has always worked hard.”

@robes
Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Mon May 14, 2018 2:19 pm

@Luca wrote:Allegri on Juve's best player of the season:
“Best player of the season? I don’t know, it’s hard to pick up one. I’d say Pinsoglio beucase he arrived here after two tough seasons with Livorno and Latina. He deserved this title because he settled in well here and has always worked hard.”

@robes

Yesterday he was glad because he wasn't punched for first time in his life
Livorno fans still want to  hang his head (as it was for Mussolini ) because they got relegated because of him Proud
Best Juve player this year for you though ?
Am I wrong to say that it is not easy to find one better than others as in past ? Really not idea
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 on Mon May 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Just realized that Lazio v Inter will decide who gets CL football next season. For some reason didn't realize that Serie A decided things by H2H.

First leg was a scoreless draw. Inter must win to make up the 3 point gap.

#FORZAINTER

SSJ Thumbs up
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Mon May 14, 2018 3:39 pm

@Robespierre wrote:

@robes

Yesterday he was glad because he wasn't punched for first time in his life
Livorno fans still want to  hang his head (as it was for Mussolini ) because they got relegated because of him Proud
Am I wrong to say that it is not easy to find one better than others as in past ? Really not idea

It's very difficult

Dybala for the majority of it but wasn't a key figure in a few key matches (benched versus Inter in Torino despite being fit)

Douglas for 2018, from January on he's been our best attacker

Chiellini, our best defender in a very up and down defensive season in terms of personnel

Pjanic for being the only midfielder that can pass the ball and not getting red carded against Inter
Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca on Mon May 14, 2018 4:49 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There's nothing worse than those horrible people who are not italians who call the transfer market "mercato".

Those people need to die in a fire imo.

Dude, you ever watched a game with an American?
EVERYTHINGS a goddamn Golazo

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Mon May 14, 2018 8:11 pm

@FilthyLuca wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There's nothing worse than those horrible people who are not italians who call the transfer market "mercato".

Those people need to die in a fire imo.

Dude, you ever watched a game with an American?
EVERYTHINGS a goddamn Golazo

Hey now, let's nuance this a bit......the American soccer casual (only watches big EPL matches, WC, Euro knockouts, CL final) is like that, but guys like us that live and breathe the game every matchday aren't.

Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Tue May 15, 2018 1:29 pm

@Luca wrote:
@Robespierre wrote:

@robes

Yesterday he was glad because he wasn't punched  for first time in his life  

It's very difficult

Dybala for the majority of it but wasn't a key figure in a few key matches (benched versus Inter in Torino despite being fit)

Douglas for 2018, from January on he's been our best attacker

Chiellini, our best defender in a very up and down defensive season in terms of personnel

Pjanic for being the only midfielder that can pass the ball and not getting red carded against Inter

I don't rate Dybala as Juve man of the season because I think to that red card against Real ... and the lost for 0-3 was decisive on 1st leg. Even a "normal" loss could really change history.

Douglas Costa performed just on 2nd half of season

IMO he is Chiellini , because Juve defence looked like two different things with him and without him during the whole season
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Tue May 15, 2018 1:37 pm

I can't say Dybala either just because of the missed penalty against Atalanta and then Lazio, then his mental break which saw 2-3 months of poor form. The Real match was more of an anomaly for him because we can rectify that with his winning goal away to Lazio which was one of the fundamental victories in our scudetto run.

I think Chiellini is fair, he held the back line together this season on his own at times
Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Tue May 15, 2018 1:40 pm

IMO there is no unanimous choice for player of the season this year compared to previous years. Everyone chipped in at crucial points of the season. Our buddy Orsato too(thanks bro)
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Tue May 15, 2018 1:42 pm

For me it's Chiellini. He was huge from the first game to the last.
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Tue May 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Chiellini, Pjanic, Dybala those 3 were our best players this season

Others have been rather unimpressive (Higuain, Khedira, Sandro)... or inconsistent (Benatia, Buffon)... or simply haven't played much (Bernardeschi, Marchisio)

I'd say Douglas Costa was our joker card, as expected. The rest played their usual shift no more no less.
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Tue May 15, 2018 11:51 pm

The called up players for Pirlo's retirement game at San Siro next Monday (21-05; 20:30)

PORTIERI Christian Abbiati, Gianluigi Buffon, Nelson Dida, Marco Storari.

DIFENSORI Daniele Adani, Andrea Barzagli, Daniele Bonera, Leonardo Bonucci, Marcos Cafu, Fabio Cannavaro, Giorgio Chiellini, Billy Costacurta, Giuseppe Favalli, Ciro Ferrara, Fabio Grosso, Marek Jankulovski, Kahka Kaladze, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Paolo Maldini, Marco Materazzi, Alessandro Nesta, Massimo Oddo, SergInho, Dario Simic e Gianluca Zambrotta.

CENTROCAMPISTI Demetrio Albertini, Massimo Ambrosini, Roberto Baronio, Cristian Brocchi, Mauro German Camoranesi, Daniele De Rossi, Alessandro Diamanti, Aimo Diana, Gennaro Gattuso, Frank Lampard, Leonardo, Claudio Marchisio, Simone Pepe, Simone Perrotta, Manuel Rui Costa, Clarence Seedorf, Marco Verratti.

ATTACCANTI Marco Borriello, Antonio Cassano, Hernan Crespo, Alessandro Del Piero, Alberto Gilardino, Vincenzo Iaquinta, Filippo Inzaghi, Alessandro Matri, Alexandre Pato, Fabio Quagliarella, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo “il Fenomeno”, Andriy Shevchenko, Luca Toni, Francesco Totti, Nicola Ventola e Christian Vieri.

ALLENATORI Massimiliano Allegri, Carlo Ancelotti, Antonio Conte, Roberto Donadoni, Mauro Tassotti

10 more defenders better than Bailly

Unreal list of players, would finish second in Serie A
Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan on Wed May 16, 2018 1:42 pm

Sadly, I would actually take a lot of those attacking options, like today, instead of kalinic

Like i actually thought to myself, how much worse is a semi retired inzaghi than him, i would even take gilardino/matri, quag, pato....

The rest are a little older but that is a great bunch for a testimonial match.

giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Wed May 16, 2018 1:54 pm

I miss Pato

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone on Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

@Kaladin wrote:I miss Pato

Why? He was never fit and was never good for more than a game at a time for milan
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone on Wed May 16, 2018 3:31 pm

and to all the people discrediting Juventus on winning 7 in a row, y'all need to get your head straight. 7 in a row in any league in any sport is rare, and also what we like to call TOTAL DOMINATION.
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Wed May 16, 2018 4:05 pm

@80s_Stallone wrote:
@Kaladin wrote:I miss Pato

Why? He was never fit and was never good for more than a game at a time for milan

He was a dim light in a dark time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next