This Real Madrid is the greatest team of all time and Ronaldo is the greatest player in history

+35
Cruijf
RealGunner
jibers
Blue Barrett
sportsczy
juvealbanian
zigra
VanDeezNuts
Hapless_Hans
BarcaLearning
alexjanosik
breva
Thimmy
Robespierre
Clutch
Kaladin
The Demon of Carthage
halamadrid2
CBarca
Reinhard
Valkyrja
Doc
Warrior
Myesyats
Adit
S
futbol_bill
guest7
Freeza
Mr Nick09
Unique
terrance511
Winter is Coming
Firenze
Interman
39 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

This Real Madrid is the greatest team of all time and Ronaldo is the greatest player in history - Page 3 Empty Re: This Real Madrid is the greatest team of all time and Ronaldo is the greatest player in history

Post by Doc Tue May 01, 2018 11:15 pm

It technically should but rarely anyone remembers league triumphs when a team wins multiple CL/European Cups in a row. It's special, something that is rarely done, well, not anymore. Barcelona's unbeaten run would definitely be remembered, that is quite true. It's a grand achievement as long as they remain unbeaten.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

This Real Madrid is the greatest team of all time and Ronaldo is the greatest player in history - Page 3 Empty Re: This Real Madrid is the greatest team of all time and Ronaldo is the greatest player in history

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 01, 2018 11:15 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:i think winning 2 CLs in a row takes exceptional resource, there is a reason only one team ever did it. winning 3 in 4 years in even more incredible. going for a treble of CL? good lord

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but it will be winning 4 CLs in 5 years, only team anywhere close to it was Real Madrid 55-60!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 01, 2018 11:16 pm

Unique wrote:It’s crazy how people have such short memories. Let’s be honest here this Madrid team wouldn’t have got the ball off peps Barca let alone beat them.

We''ve beat Pep with worse teams. He's not invincible.

His team was great, but let's not act like our team back then was what it's been since buying Modric and Kroos.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue May 01, 2018 11:24 pm

Unique wrote:It’s crazy how people have such short memories. Let’s be honest here this Madrid team wouldn’t have got the ball off peps Barca let alone beat them.
[quote="Unique"] I mean madrid did beat them with mehderia arbeloa loaned striker Adebayor and cravalho. Let's not forget super sub granero

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Sorry lads but there is just no getting away from it peps Barca would have played with this Madrid team.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 pm

Unique wrote:Sorry lads but there is just no getting away from it peps Barca would have played with this Madrid team.
obviously but saying we had no chance is foolish

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 pm

S wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
S wrote:

The best teams in history have been dominant in league play as well as Europe. Real Madrid havent done that. Stop turning this into an argument mocking Juve.
we are just dominating a competition that not even Messi could dominate, like no other team ever. It's no big deal of course,. So easy to win the CL that you lost 7 straight finals lol

Once again, not sure why you're acting so petulant and making this an argument about Juve. You've won 1 league title in 8 years in perhaps your 2nd greatest phase in your history. Thats not dominance. To be called the greatest team in history , you need to be consistently good in the league AND Europe. And yeah, Barca despite winning less CL's have more of an argument since they've been dominant in both league and CL and won two trebles. They have a bigger argument to be mentioned among the greatest teams of all time.
This Madrid team can only stake a claim for being the best Champions league team of all time.
Dont bother replying if you have no other argument than mocking other teams just because they have a different opinion to yours.

I agree tbh
even if this Real Madrid is closest to my conception of ideal team..personally I like him more I mean
But I agree about the post though
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 01, 2018 11:35 pm

Unique wrote:Sorry lads but there is just no getting away from it peps Barca would have played with this Madrid team.

Like the arguments many years ago about Spain 2010 vs Italy 2006, we'll never know.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 01, 2018 11:37 pm

Clutch wrote:
obviously but saying we had no chance is foolish
funny you should say that seeing as 90% of Madrid fans are celebrating winning the cup before they even know who they will play in the final
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue May 01, 2018 11:39 pm

Unique wrote:90% of Madrid fans are celebrating winning the cup before they even know who they will play in the final

I haven't noticed anyone celebrating winning the cup already, but if they are, it's most likely just for banter. I don't think RM fans have any reason to be overly confident if we meet Liverpool in the final. Real Madrid's current team is very experienced, and has more talent across the board than they've had in recent memory, but it's far from the most hard-working team, and I don't remember the last time I felt that they had the match under control.

Last edited by Thimmy on Tue May 01, 2018 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 01, 2018 11:42 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Unique wrote:90% of Madrid fans are celebrating winning the cup before they even know who they will play in the final

I haven't noticed anyone celebrating winning the cup already, but if they are, it's most likely just for banter. I don't think RM fans have any reason to be overly confident if we meet Liverpool in the final.
well maybe not 90% but nick doc and bill celebrated the 13th cup 2 weeks ago Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 01, 2018 11:49 pm

I celebrated the moment we beat PSG in the 1st leg tbh. It is destiny.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 01, 2018 11:52 pm

Bayern are our goodluck CL charm aren't they?

Also allowing Benzema to score 2 goals on your team rofl the worst
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 01, 2018 11:59 pm

Unique wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

I haven't noticed anyone celebrating winning the cup already, but if they are, it's most likely just for banter. I don't think RM fans have any reason to be overly confident if we meet Liverpool in the final.
well maybe not 90% but nick doc and bill celebrated the 13th cup 2 weeks ago Very Happy

Sure I have and no apologies for already presuming the triple! I’ve been saying this ever since we beat PSG (and Barca and City were eliminated). Quite frankly, IMO, it doesn’t matter who we play!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Wed May 02, 2018 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed May 02, 2018 12:00 am

It's hard to say that there is a stronger cup team in the world for the past few years. While they are are not structured to grind out championships in La Liga, they are the best for getting up and performing in the less frequent cup games. Arguably against better competition than they have in La Liga.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 02, 2018 12:03 am

Maybe it would be a step too far for Pool should they make the final but they've beaten Madrid in a CL/European cup final before

Football 'eritage just saying...
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed May 02, 2018 12:46 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Bayern are our goodluck CL charm aren't they?

Also allowing Benzema to score 2 goals on your team rofl the worst
Benzema would score 25+ in the Bundesliga tbh

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed May 02, 2018 2:55 am

Greatest is very subjective. Yes, they have the CL trophies. Although, it can be argued that to be truly great, you have to perform both in the league and CL.
Even if we disregard the league argument, I personally dont get the WOW factor from this Madrid team. And that is a must for an all time great team. They just dont have the WOW factor and the iconic performances that some of the other great teams in history have had.
The WOW factor that Di Stefano's Madrid had, Cruyff's Ajax had, Sacchi's Milan had and Pep's Barca had.
And personally, that is what would stop me from placing this Madrid side up there with the greatest.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 02, 2018 6:18 am

The wow factor to me is subjective, it comes down to what you like when you watch football.

But I also get a WOW when I see my team lift the CL two years in a row, and is still grinding it in its 3rd year in a row even if we can clearly see this team is reaching its limit.  I don't even like Zidane but I'm impressed. That's my WOW doing something some of the greatest teams in the past 20  years have failed to do.

to me it's all about being in the conversation and I think this Madrid team, because of how complete they are definitely belong there. They can do EVERYTHING at an elite level. This is something for example that peps barca did not have. In the past 5 years we have come across all kind of styles and to almost always come away with a win the way we did is exceptional. This CL run is unprecedented and no one can argue against that, it's just a fact, nothing subjective.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 02, 2018 6:55 am

Wow factor ? All the comebacks we made in the last years both in CL and League aren't part of the wow factor?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed May 02, 2018 10:32 am

Totally agree with the to be regarded as one of the greatest teams and not being able to win the league is just not convincing enough, there is definitely something missing. I mean the CL achievements are amazing, but they are not even challenging closely in the league and coming third too often to be considered. This is something thats been Reals feature apart from the era which was now like 70 years ago now? Very Happy

A little like the Milan side in the mid 2000s under Ancelotti? Great side with talented individuals, but due to age or their style or whatever reason, they couldnt do it consistently in the league despite being so good in Europe. And if you compare that team to say the Juve team in the last five or so years? Which one is better? Im not sure but just saying its another example.

At the end of the days, an absolutely elite team to be considered one of the greatest should be dominating both domestic and in Europe.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 02, 2018 10:40 am

Tbh after that third stonewall penalty was denied I felt some of the biggest WOW factor I've felt watching a football game

Just WOW
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 02, 2018 12:37 pm

the madrid fans do make me laugh sometimes. how many times this season did they want to cut off benzemas head and use it to beat zidane to death with. now the team is the best ever and benz is da man Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 02, 2018 12:42 pm

Unique wrote:the madrid fans do make me laugh sometimes. how many times this season did they want to cut off benzemas head and use it to beat zidane to death with. now the team is the best ever and benz is da man Laughing Laughing
we are looking at the past 5 years, i understand that people like to act like football begun last september, but this is our 8 CL semis in a row, unprecedented, 4th final in 5 years, we already won 3 CL in 5 years, 2 CLs in a row, only team ever doing that.

Unprecedented run. We are talking about the body of work of this generation that has been ruining fanbases around europe for multiple year. Dont be short sighted in thinking that we only look at this season, or maybe that's what people dont understand. We are clearly reaching the end of a generation, unless we retool this summer, but win or lose the next final, this CL run in the past 5 years is one of the best ever.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed May 02, 2018 5:25 pm

The league argument is only applicable for Barcelona and Madrid. The Catalans have won 7 leagues out of ten while competing with Madrid and Atlético. So they absolutely have a strong case for them to be regarded as one of the most consistent teams in history.

But Bayern and Juventus? You guys had a relatively easy ride domestically and I'm sure Madrid would've won all of their league titles if they were competing with Napoli and whoever is Bayern is competing with in Germany.

Madrid just happens to be unlucky enough to be playing in the same league with Guardiola's Barcelona and Messi. None of you would've gotten a chance if you were in Spain either. The only exception would be Heynckes' Bayern in 2013.

Now is Madrid to blame for not winning as much leagues as they should have? Absolutely. But let's not make that a reason to belittle their unprecedented achievement in the CL. What they have doing in Europe right now is nothing short of miraculous. And you can't expect anything less from the most decorated team in the competition's history.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 02, 2018 6:09 pm

Because I know that GL posters can't be trusted I went to take a look at the record of some of the teams mentioned here that were DOMINATING the European Cup and their league at the same time:

1) Bayern Munich won 3 European Cup (old format for newbies) in 73-74, 74-75, 75-76. But they only won the league in 71-72, 72-73, 73-74. They only did the double in 73-74

2) Sacchi Milan only one the league one time in 87-88 and then the CL in 88-89 and 89-90 so no double and I think they won the league again the year after Sacchi left.

3) you have Ajax who won the CL from 70 to 73 and then they were dominating their league but who cares about Eredivisie.

You have barca recently, the original goat Madrid and this Madrid now dominating Europe.

Our record is already better than sacchi's Milan, if you just want to look at number. If you factor in the fact that the CL is harder than ever, we stack up well against anyone with our 3 win in 4 years, like I said this is an unprecented run of dominating Europe.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next