World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Who will qualify? (Select two teams)

25% 25% 
[ 5 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
25% 25% 
[ 5 ]
50% 50% 
[ 10 ]
 
Total Votes : 20

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Valkyrja on Mon 25 Jun - 8:17

Could you imagine Ramos leaving the CL final because his shoulder got hurt ? Laughing

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 10536
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Zagadka on Mon 25 Jun - 8:28

I think it was a tactical decision by Russia to lose, as they are better off finishing second in the group than first.

Finish FIRST:
- Play R-16 match in a hot Sochi, one of the reasons they couldn't run as much today was Samara's weather was 32 degrees. Plus, most likely Spain/Portugal is a lot more comfortable playing in the heat as they are more familiar with that.

Finish SECOND (what happened):
- Play R-16 match in Luzhinsky (80 thousand home fans), Moscow's weather forecast is to be only 18 degrees and raining that day. Definitely, the sort of atmosphere and weather that will suit this Russia team better.

Not saying they lost the game on purpose, but I don't think they'll be losing too much sleep over it. Not like there's much difference between Spain or Portugal (especially given Portugal's track record of being amazing in KO rounds)
avatar
Zagadka
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 181
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Art Morte on Mon 25 Jun - 8:40

@Kaladin wrote:Another W for Asia


Why are we talking about Iran and Saudis like they're Asian? Middle East is its own region.
avatar
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15819
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon 25 Jun - 8:42

@Art Morte wrote:
@Kaladin wrote:Another W for Asia


Why are we talking about Iran and Saudis like they're Asian? Middle East is its own region.



_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23133
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by S on Mon 25 Jun - 8:45

@Art Morte wrote:
@Kaladin wrote:Another W for Asia


Why are we talking about Iran and Saudis like they're Asian? Middle East is its own region.


Seriously ?
avatar
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26058
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Doc on Mon 25 Jun - 9:23

Morte lol. Iran and Saudis are in the Asian continent hence Asian.

_________________

I told you so
avatar
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11495
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Doc on Mon 25 Jun - 9:26

@Zagadka wrote:I think it was a tactical decision by Russia to lose, as they are better off finishing second in the group than first.
Watching the match, it was nothing "tactical" about Russia losing to Uruguay. They just got beaten by a superior team as they did put in all the effort they can which was not enough obviously.

_________________

I told you so
avatar
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11495
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon 25 Jun - 9:28

@Doc wrote:
@Zagadka wrote:I think it was a tactical decision by Russia to lose, as they are better off finishing second in the group than first.
Watching the match, it was nothing "tactical" about Russia losing to Uruguay. They just got beaten by a superior team as they did put in all the effort they can which was not enough obviously.
No, no, no, no. They tactically got 2 yellows and a starter suspended from the next match.

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23133
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Zagadka on Mon 25 Jun - 9:44

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Doc wrote:
@Zagadka wrote:I think it was a tactical decision by Russia to lose, as they are better off finishing second in the group than first.
Watching the match, it was nothing "tactical" about Russia losing to Uruguay. They just got beaten by a superior team as they did put in all the effort they can which was not enough obviously.
No, no, no, no. They tactically got 2 yellows and a starter suspended from the next match.


Smolnikov had played a grand total of ZERO minutes in the previous 2 matches Smile
avatar
Zagadka
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 181
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Luca on Mon 25 Jun - 9:47

Ignoring the big news, Saudi Arabia beat Egypt @s @cuckadin @nish
avatar
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13150
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by farfan on Mon 25 Jun - 10:52

@S wrote:
@farfan wrote:Asia is a disgrace.

How did this team make it to the WC? :facepalm: imagine more Asian scrubs when the world cup expands to 48 teams.












-own goal
-Draw
-Meaningless game that was probably bought by the Saudis

Won't take the L.
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 4434
Join date : 2013-05-29

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Art Morte on Mon 25 Jun - 10:55

@Doc wrote:Morte lol. Iran and Saudis are in the Asian continent hence Asian.


But do we consider Costa Rica and Panama to be representing North America instead of Central America? I don't, but I guess it's a matter of opinion.
avatar
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15819
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by rincon on Mon 25 Jun - 12:14

The countries are in Asia = they are asian

The countries are in north america = they are north American

So yes
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11120
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Nishankly on Tue 26 Jun - 5:00

What is this nonsense going on here, I have a 9 hour flight and everyone starts attacking GLASIA, WTF Lads.

Australia is as much a part of Asia as is Saudi Arabia. New Zealand and Israel can *bleep* off.

We follow FIFA rules Art, Geography doesn't apply.
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15325
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Nishankly on Tue 26 Jun - 5:02

@Luca wrote:Ignoring the big news, Saudi Arabia beat Egypt @s @cuckadin @nish


Missed both matches ffs. Iran making us proud and Saudi's getting an easy win against Egypt. WATTBA for GLASIA
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15325
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Nishankly on Tue 26 Jun - 5:05

@Art Morte wrote:
@Doc wrote:Morte lol. Iran and Saudis are in the Asian continent hence Asian.


But do we consider Costa Rica and Panama to be representing North America instead of Central America? I don't, but I guess it's a matter of opinion.


They officially represent and take part in FIFA CONCACAF qualifiers so they represent GLCONCACAF not North America as does USA, Canada and Mexico.

avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15325
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Art Morte on Tue 26 Jun - 6:33

You know, Hank, that people who drink on flights are the worst kind, right?
avatar
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15819
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Unique on Tue 26 Jun - 7:23

@Art Morte wrote:You know, Hank, that people who drink on flights are the worst kind, right?
Laughing Laughing

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12603
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Hapless_Hans on Tue 26 Jun - 8:00

@Nishankly wrote:What is this nonsense going on here, I have a 9 hour flight and everyone starts attacking GLASIA, WTF Lads.

Australia is as much a part of Asia as is Saudi Arabia. New Zealand and Israel can *bleep* off.

We follow FIFA rules Art, Geography doesn't apply.


Australia is NOT part of Asia. Australia is a continent itself FFS

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23922
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue 26 Jun - 8:07

Australia is part of Oceania hmm

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63642
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by S on Tue 26 Jun - 8:16

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:What is this nonsense going on here, I have a 9 hour flight and everyone starts attacking GLASIA, WTF Lads.

Australia is as much a part of Asia as is Saudi Arabia. New Zealand and Israel can *bleep* off.

We follow FIFA rules Art, Geography doesn't apply.


Australia is NOT part of Asia. Australia is a continent itself FFS


Australia is a part of AFC though. That's all that matters
avatar
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26058
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Hapless_Hans on Tue 26 Jun - 11:13

Oceania is not a continent.
Australia is.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23922
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Babun on Tue 26 Jun - 13:03

The confusion is spread due to the idiotic politics by USA with their definition of "middle eastern" and races definition as Asian/ Caucasian.

Any person coming from Caucasus or nearby is more Caucasian than any European out there but  they're counted as remotly Caucasian by the US definition by which they mean white+blond+blue eyes type basicaly whereas a Georigan from Georgia would be the most Caucasian phenotype possible.
The continent we live on is called Euroasia = Euro+ Asia. The "Asian" phenotype according to the US definition lives in East Asia and South East Asia mostly. What is known as middle east is actually West Asia which includes Iran among other countries. India and Pakistan belong to South Asia etc. Georgia is in Central Asia then Europe starts.

Australia has nothing to do with anything related to Asia from georaphical or political standpoint.

_________________
avatar
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6196
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Nishankly on Tue 26 Jun - 20:09

WTF is going on here.

Australia and Saudi Arabia are part of the AFC FIFA Qualifiers, So they represent Asia in the World Cup.

I explained it and still y'all spiraling.
New Zealand is still in OFC (Oceania Football Confederation had Australia till 2006).

Can't believe bandwagoners here don't even know their World Cup basics 3rd week into the tournament, explaining Geography, Race and politics to GLAsia. rofl rofl
Exactly why we need bigger teams to get f*cked this WC.

avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15325
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Babun on Wed 27 Jun - 3:10

@Nishankly wrote:WTF is going on here.

Australia and Saudi Arabia are part of the AFC FIFA Qualifiers, So they represent Asia in the World Cup.

I explained it and still y'all spiraling.
New Zealand is still in OFC (Oceania Football Confederation had Australia till 2006).

Can't believe bandwagoners here don't even know their World Cup basics 3rd week into the tournament, explaining Geography, Race and politics to GLAsia. rofl rofl
Exactly why we need bigger teams to get f*cked this WC.


It was directed at Arte Morte and the made up name "middle east" which doesn't make any sense. East of what? Middle of which East? Hilarious, those Americans, but makes sense though, they live on another continent.
Middle East= West Asia, Australia belongs to Oceania, only reason they are allowed to participate among Asians is because the competition looks more than sad down there :coffee:

_________________
avatar
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6196
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by CBarca on Wed 27 Jun - 4:38

I've heard of throwing games because of the opponent...tbh sometimes that makes sense.

Never heard of a team throwing a game for better weather.

Seems like a bit of a stretch

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16645
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup (2018) - Group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum