Cruijf
El Gunner
urbaNRoots
S
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pick your choice

Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 7 ]
Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]
Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 25

Who will win World Cup 2018 ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will win World Cup 2018 ?

Post by sportsczy Wed May 16, 2018 2:22 am

France because we now have no weakness given Sidibe is healthy, Lucas Hernandez is doing well as a LB with Atleti and Pavard has come on in Bundi.  Our only weakness was fullback.  It's gone.  If Benjamin Mendy is deemed fit enough and gets called, it's actually a strength now.

Lloris is still very good
Varane-Umtiti is the best CB pairing in the WC.
Kante-Pogba-Matuidi are as physical as it gets in the middle of the park
Mbappe-Griezmann-Giroud gives 3 different types of players up front.  So you can't defend us one way.

Not to mention our depth is second to none (Lacazette, Dembele, Rabiot, Thauvin, Payet, etc.)

Having the most talented team doesn't mean we'll win it.  But we'll make the semis for sure. But as I said, we definitely have a very good chance of taking the trophy home.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 16, 2018 2:28 am

Every other team has a glaring weakness except perhaps Germany (if Mueller steps up) and Spain (strikers are suspect). Germany lacks a CF. Brazil is very soft defensively.. they make that up by playing two DMs in front of the defense... but that makes their midfield completely uncreative. Argentina has great strikers... and nothing else. In fact, Argentina has little chance imo.

Spain really needs Costa to step up in a big way and Isco to be a superstar. David Silva is David Silva... but those two are the scorers.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 16, 2018 3:38 am

I normally back Germany at international events but this time I'm going full Argentina, Messi gonna win the cup and silence them haters. Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 18, 2018 1:59 am

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/world-cup-2018-wallchart-predictor/

by my prediction
France vs Brazil and Spain vs Germany in the semis
and i predict Brazil to win it in the end
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Wishfully I would love to see Spain or Argentina win.

However Brazil and Germany are very comfortably placed and are battle hardened tournament teams.  They could easily be contesting the final which would be a real 50-50. Germany's superior midfield against Brazil's immense desire to avenge the humiliation of the last world cup. Brazil may just edge this one in the end.

That said if Argentina and Germany meet in the semi finals then it's more than high time the South Americans come out on top. After that Brazil vs. Argentina would be a final for the ages just for the sheer significance of it.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:24 pm

sportsczy wrote:France because we now have no weakness given Sidibe is healthy, Lucas Hernandez is doing well as a LB with Atleti and Pavard has come on in Bundi.  Our only weakness was fullback.  It's gone.  If Benjamin Mendy is deemed fit enough and gets called, it's actually a strength now.

Lloris is still very good
Varane-Umtiti is the best CB pairing in the WC.
Kante-Pogba-Matuidi are as physical as it gets in the middle of the park
Mbappe-Griezmann-Giroud gives 3 different types of players up front.  So you can't defend us one way.

Not to mention our depth is second to none (Lacazette, Dembele, Rabiot, Thauvin, Payet, etc.)

Having the most talented team doesn't mean we'll win it.  But we'll make the semis for sure. But as I said, we definitely have a very good chance of taking the trophy home.

I don't disagree at all. Your wealth of talent is unreal. My only concern is that I still don't see your team as the finished article. Somehow they are still not all that well drilled even if they may be improving with each match. There are major doubts about the best formation and lineup.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2