Have you ever watched a Manchester United game on tv?

+13
Unique
Hapless_Hans
Robespierre
nasir6371
Valkyrja
The Demon of Carthage
ExtremistEnigma
S
Kaladin
Firenze
BarcaLearning
Harmonica
chemicalboy99
17 posters

Go down

Have you ever watched a Manchester United game on tv? Empty Have you ever watched a Manchester United game on tv?

Post by chemicalboy99 Thu May 17, 2018 12:01 pm

From Private Eye 4th May 2018

Have you ever watched a Manchester United game on tv? A269lx

So remember next time you're watching your own club play United either live or on the television make sure at half time you use your laptop or phone to log on to United's megastore and get yourself some pure gifts like Ryan Giggs' underwear or Eric Bailly's ice skates.

You Know it makes sense. smoking

Have you ever watched a Manchester United game on tv? Unbelievable_9f3a89_1994980
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Have you ever watched a Manchester United game on tv? Empty Re: Have you ever watched a Manchester United game on tv?

Post by Harmonica Thu May 17, 2018 12:09 pm

Yes once, but why would you ever want to watch them again?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Have you ever watched a Manchester United game on tv? Empty Re: Have you ever watched a Manchester United game on tv?

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 17, 2018 4:59 pm

I hate Man U, I can understand why so many fans loved them during the 90s and 00s, but these days, pfft.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu May 17, 2018 5:02 pm

meanwhile at the Emptihad.., can't even fill their tiny for stadium 80% of games Proud

not surprising when most of their fans probably started to follow them after 2010 and are located in the gulf
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 17, 2018 5:17 pm

As opposed to 94% of United fans around the world located in New Dehli/Kerala?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu May 17, 2018 5:25 pm

we are absurdly popular worldwide. It's what happens when you have an era of dominance in the GOAT league spanning decades. Can find substantial United fanbases in every country.

City's fanbase is like 15% Manchester, 40% Gulf states and 45% Pep fanboys
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Firenze wrote:we are absurdly popular worldwide. It's what happens when you have an era of dominance in the GOAT league spanning decades. Can find substantial United fanbases in every country.

Sad but true

You are the Harlem Globetrotters of football
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu May 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Firenze wrote:we are absurdly popular worldwide. It's what happens when you have an era of dominance in the GOAT league spanning decades. Can find substantial United fanbases in every country.

Wonder how you would distribute that given that they have like 3 fans
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 17, 2018 5:42 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:

Ok this is just a new level of savagery.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 17, 2018 5:48 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:

Ok this is just a new level of savagery.

It's Savage after Savage   rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Thu May 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Everyone has always know United inflated their number of fans world wide.

lol at that 15% of Manchester, where did you pull that stat out of besides your arse?

@ExtremistEnigma
3 fans that is still more than the number of trophies Liverpool has won in the last 12 YEARS. This is me including the Community Shield in that number rofl

nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Asking this to who began to follow football in 90s is as asking if you have ever eaten pizza in Italy tbh

Manchester United 98-99 lineup is probably the only old foreign lineup (besides my club) I know by heart.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 17, 2018 6:31 pm

I can't un-know it sadly
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 17, 2018 7:25 pm

who in their right mind would bother watching manure game these days. Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Kaladin wrote:As opposed to 94% of United fans around the world located in New Dehli/Kerala?

China 108 million fans, India 35 mill fans, Nigeria 34 million

pls go

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 17, 2018 8:45 pm

I watch United a lot. Huge fan, guess I am.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 pm

tbh i dont think frenzy even bothers to watch manure now.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu May 17, 2018 8:52 pm

I started watching United as a kid along with all my other fellow Asian counterparts because it was the only club football broadcast available constantly on TV every week at the right time, I then moved to Liverpool when I saw there were other teams than just United.

United built on this, They invested in prime time television, Proper marketing during the right times to capture millions of teens around. They did it perfectly in Asia.

It took me nearly 4 months to realize that United wasn't the only team around in the world and I could make a choice, I wasn't supporting United then, I just wanted to watch weekly football. Most Asian kids didn't even try to make a choice and stuck with United or watched Bend it like Beckham and went to United after that.

They mastered the art of capturing the market while being at the top. 100% top business.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 17, 2018 8:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I watch United a lot. Huge fan, guess I am.

Could've easily become a Man United fan when i was like 10

frenzy and me could've been buddies on GL 10 years later

not to be
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat May 19, 2018 6:10 am

nasir6371 wrote:Everyone has always know United inflated their number of fans world wide.

lol at that 15% of Manchester, where did you pull that stat out of besides your arse?

@ExtremistEnigma
3 fans that is still more than the number of trophies Liverpool has won in the last 12 YEARS. This is me including the Community Shield in that number rofl

Also the number of times we defeated you this season
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 19, 2018 9:35 am

United are absurdly popular here in the States as well. Probably the best supported team alongside Chelsea and Arsenal. No clue which one is #1 though. Cba to look.

City have a long ways to go though. I barely see any their jerseys being worn here. I see more Spurs and Everton jerseys.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 19, 2018 11:11 am

I would say United and Liverpool are the most supported teams in my part of the world, and then Arsenal follows.

City a great way behind.

Spurs way, way way behind.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 19, 2018 12:03 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:I hate Man U, I can understand why so many fans loved them during the 90s and 00s, but these days, pfft.

True dat. People should be 'fluid fans' and support countless teams, depending on which player or manager moves where, like you.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal have been the most supported teams in Norway for as long as I can remember. Even my stepmom and most of her family are United fans ffs. Most of my childhood friends are United fans, and almost every single Norwegian girl I've ever met who's had even the slightest interest in football, have called themselves a Man United fan. Must be due to the influence of David Beckham and the four Norwegian players that were at the club during the late 90s.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum