Buffon to PSG

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Buffon to PSG

Post by Luca on Fri May 18, 2018 1:34 am

@Kaladin wrote:Buffon commanding locker rooms Laughing , need i remind the Alves/Bonucci/Dybala situation?

Imagine him trying to control the Brazilian contingent of PSG, they'd tell him to go eat a baguette

1 incident in nearly two decades, whew

PSG does need leadership, Buffon, for this reason makes sense but I don't think he'll make the impact that's expected. Too many beta personalities on that team

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 18, 2018 1:36 am

The reason Silva got the armband... was that Ibra didn't want it and they set a policy that the "most decorated player on the team" is the captain.  Now, that would be Dani Alves.  Somehow, he didn't get it last year unless that policy changed again.

It's PSG...  they make traditions up as they go since they don't have any tradition lol.  So who knows.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Fri May 18, 2018 1:38 am

PSG's brazilian crew is the most important at PSG, they even adopted Trapp because his wife is brazilian. Buffon is not the type of player that can singlehandily change the culture of a club.

and you are reading this transfer wrong. PSG which were courting Courtois or Oblak since last summer all of a sudden turning around to sign a 40 years GK in pre retirement and that doesnt surprise you? they think the FFP fine is coming hard on them so they will avoid spending big this summer except for the Mbappe deal. they are already scheduled to pay 180 mil to Monaco.

All the big european clubs are trying to rekt PSG through FFP.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Fri May 18, 2018 1:40 am

Who's to say Buffon isn't just going to be a glorified mascot for the culture anyways? Play 15 or so matches, share his wisdom, upset @robes, etc.
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 on Fri May 18, 2018 6:31 am

FFP plz :facepalm:
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Fri May 18, 2018 9:37 am

Seriously though, can he even speak French? I can't imagine having him trying to be a "presence in the locker room" and can't say basic phrases like "you guys are complete shit" and hoping to inspire.

That being said, he probably is, at current level, better than whatever PSG has at GK position now. Is it Trapp? Feel it is.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Fri May 18, 2018 10:34 am

@Luca wrote:
@Kaladin wrote:Buffon commanding locker rooms Laughing , need i remind the Alves/Bonucci/Dybala situation?

Imagine him trying to control the Brazilian contingent of PSG, they'd tell him to go eat a baguette

1 incident in nearly two decades, whew

PSG does need leadership, Buffon, for this reason makes sense but I don't think he'll make the impact that's expected. Too many beta personalities on that team

PSG doesn’t want leaders, they had leaders before and they have now. The way i see this is they want to mitigate player power, they have too much clout there and Unai being the beta cuck that he is, couldnt do anything. Its a wrong solution, Buffon, wont be able to control players there, the locker room has multiple nationalities and Buffon wouldnt be able to transmit himself properly. Furthermore, what couldve Buffon done with the Cavani/Neymar dispute? Nothing. That ultimately had to fall to the coach who had to lay down the law on who takes FKs etc, and even that was handled poorly.

PSG needed a hardass coach like Conte or Gattuso if they wanted to solve the locker room problems

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri May 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Not trying to disrespect Buffon in any way, but he's finished (or at least pretty close to being finished). He'll give them at the very most 2 seasons before retiring his gloves, and they shouldn't expect those two years to be filled with prime goalkeeping either. So unless he's being signed to be the number 2 goalkeeper (which knowing him, it's highly unlikely), this is going to be in the top 3 of the dumbest transfer moves in recent years.

I can see this move being lucrative and attractive from his point of view. But from PSG's perspective? They're getting nothing out of this deal. At least Beckham was invaluable in their quest to market their brand and reap financial benefits from his gazallion shirt sales. Buffon, on the other hand, is not exactly a marketing goldmine and his name is solely synonymous with Juventus. He doesn't speak a word of French so they can kiss goodbye the leadership he's supposedly going to be bringing to the dressing room. And it's not like guys like Neymar are going to listen to him anyway.

It's a pointless move that proves PSG, even though they have a bottomless pit of cash, are still light years behind the other top clubs in terms of management.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc on Fri May 18, 2018 3:42 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Not trying to disrespect Buffon in any way, but he's finished (or at least pretty close to being finished). He'll give them at the very most 2 seasons before retiring his gloves, and they shouldn't expect those two years to be filled with prime goalkeeping either. So unless he's being signed to be the number 2 goalkeeper (which knowing him, it's highly unlikely), this is going to be in the top 3 of the dumbest transfer moves in recent years.

I can see this move being lucrative and attractive from his point of view. But from PSG's perspective? They're getting nothing out of this deal. At least Beckham was invaluable in their quest to market their brand and reap financial benefits from his gazallion shirt sales. Buffon, on the other hand, is not exactly a marketing goldmine and his name is solely synonymous with Juventus. He doesn't speak a word of French so they can kiss goodbye the leadership he's supposedly going to be bringing to the dressing room. And it's not like guys like Neymar are going to listen to him anyway.

It's a pointless move that proves PSG, even though they have a bottomless pit of cash, are still light years behind the other top clubs in terms of management.

In fact it's a logical move by PSG. They can't splash money on a goalkeeper this summer because of the Mbappe transfer so they are getting a GK for free, and he might be past it, but he's probably still better than Areola and it's for free, so they have nothing to lose. He will last them 1-2 years before they can splash big money on a new GK, so it's a good move from PSG.
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Fri May 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Awful and ridiculous signing but that’s expected from a village club that tries its hardest to fit in with the big boys with European heritage.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Fri May 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Signing makes perfect sense tbh, PSG need leadership (check), a capable keeper (check), keep expenditure down because of FFP (check).

And from Buffon's perspective, he will have another shot at CL and he can mostly take it easy in the league taking far less shots allowing him to focus on CL.
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri May 18, 2018 4:41 pm

@BusterLfc wrote:
@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Not trying to disrespect Buffon in any way, but he's finished (or at least pretty close to being finished). He'll give them at the very most 2 seasons before retiring his gloves, and they shouldn't expect those two years to be filled with prime goalkeeping either. So unless he's being signed to be the number 2 goalkeeper (which knowing him, it's highly unlikely), this is going to be in the top 3 of the dumbest transfer moves in recent years.

In fact it's a logical move by PSG. They can't splash money on a goalkeeper this summer because of the Mbappe transfer so they are getting a GK for free, and he might be past it, but he's probably still better than Areola and it's for free, so they have nothing to lose. He will last them 1-2 years before they can splash big money on a new GK, so it's a good move from PSG.

Even if we were to assume that PSG have their backs against the wall and can't spend a dime on transfers, bringing Buffon of all people is not the wisest thing to do. He has declined a lot over the last two years and he's going to continue to decline until he becomes a liability, if he hasn't become one already.

What's the point of bringing a 40-year old goalkeeper in a rapid decline? Certainly not to help them win the league because they already reign supreme in France with no competition in sight. What then? The CL? Certainly not, because he would've helped Juventus win one already if he could have. Did they bring him for rotation? I hope not because the one position you don't want it to be rotated is the goalkeeping position. Plus, he already made it clear that he doesn't want to be number 2. Maybe leadership then? He's certainly a true leader, but it's difficult to lead when you can hardly string a sentence together in French. That leaves marketing; he may be a big name in the game but he's the furthest thing from being a marketing goldmine and won't help the PSG brand gain any more popularity or strength.

It's actually nonsensical to sign him if you really think about it. If I were them, I would stick with what I have already and wait until the UEFA charges clears up. Then go all out for a WC goalkeeper like Atlético's Oblak for example. There's no need to sign Buffon, especially when it's almost certain he will not be giving you prime goalkeeping and the whatever current level he's at is rapidly declining by the day.

The only real reason I could think of for them to sign him is that they simply want to add another big name in their history books. Nothing else.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Fri May 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Buffon won't be there forever, 1-2 years max, so they can still hold out for a WC keeper- this is them waiting for FFP to die down.
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Fri May 18, 2018 4:54 pm

GK position definitely was not the issue with their CL campaign so this solves nothing. Honestly, this is like the weirdest vanity signing I've come across. Buffon is no longer a top GK, I don't care what the Jjuve council insist on saying, this great man is no longer starter material for a top team. That being said, he is still a household name, a big one in fact so PSG signing this "top" goalie would appeal to their need to sign "only the best". Despite "the best" being 40 years old and definitely, absolutely past his prime even by the minimum standards.

As for FFP, sure, this could be in preparation for whatever sanctions UEFA has in store for them but they are reported to be double his current Jjuve salary so it's really not a cost saver.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri May 18, 2018 4:58 pm

In fairness there's nothing they can do, as Mourinho stated very eloquently you have CL 'eritage or you don't.

Can't be helped tbh.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by GRude on Fri May 18, 2018 5:29 pm

W.
Why does everyone hate Buffon? Fascist, Alpha male, Stopped Africa winning 2006 World cup and ends his career finessing PSG Arabs out of M's. Hero.
GRude
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Sat May 19, 2018 7:31 pm

If ref was insensitive today he would have bottled it his party so

https://twitter.com/simostu9/status/997844579742339072

Thinking about winning UCL with Buffon 41 years old lmao
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Sat May 19, 2018 7:35 pm

@Robespierre wrote:If ref was insensitive today he would have bottled it his party so

lmao, that's a proper stonewall penalty and red card. Unreal. Laughing
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Sat May 19, 2018 7:38 pm

Amazing no call, perfect intervention from Gigi

Whew
Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat May 19, 2018 7:44 pm

What's more unreal is that there are "big" teams interested in paying Buffoon 8m a year and letting him keep embarrasing himself time and time again at their expense. Know when to step down you melt ffs

Would be great banter to use against heartbroken Jjuvenisti though lmao

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Sat May 19, 2018 7:45 pm

@Robespierre wrote:If ref was insensitive today he would have bottled it his party so

Lmfao

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian on Sat May 19, 2018 9:24 pm

I've seen so many hate and butthurt comments from InterMerda fans today (some Milang fans aswell) on forums and social media.
It's unbelieavble for teams/fans that have had freaking Nagatomo and Ranocchia as captains not to respect on of the greatest players to ever play football and arguably the best keeper of all times.

Say what you wanna say , come up quickly with those red card call vids on his last match like buthhurt lil girls but he remains greater than your pathetic fanbase and mediocre captains.Plus he will shove that "5Maggio Godo Ancora" banner right into your burnt asses.

F it I feel like I wanna spit some shit or some inter fans in their faces.
Cheering hard for Lazio tomorrow.
Let it be another bloody 5 Maggio.
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sat May 19, 2018 9:31 pm

you should not care that much about a man you dont know just because he entertains you on TV playing football

calma lol, you make it seems like someone attacked your familly member lol

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Sun May 20, 2018 10:24 am

Marotta confirms PSG's interest for Gigi:

"Gigi is a champion. He will decide whether to accept a role as an executive or to continue playing as a Goalkeeper. If he decides to continue playing then PSG are a front runner to secure him."
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Sun May 20, 2018 2:30 pm

"I will finish my career at Juve"
*signs for QSG*

He is a champion of saying things and do the opposite. Buffon out of everyone else ffs. Congrats to Man Utd fans who saw their idols Giggs, Scholes, retire in a red Devil's jersey. Us we never have this chance.

Not that it matters, football is just a sport, and the immense majority of footballers are stupid persons that would struggle to find a decent job in normal life. Don't bother trying to find a line of reasoning in those brains. $$$$$ is all that matters

Glad Scesny gets a chance, he was good last 2 seasons. This will be exciting.
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Sun May 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Raul and Casillas dint finish their careers with Madrid either...

Its a non-thing to me. You're overreacting a bit imo, Warrior.
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum