Unai Emery Sack Watch

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Unai Emery Sack Watch

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:57 pm

@Jay29 wrote:
I think the players at the club expect to control matches and be on the front foot, forcing the opposition to adapt to them. Instead, they're being sent out to react to the opposition and sacrifice their strengths for the plan, and they don't like it.

Perfect description of the Bayern team under Kovac, too, btw

Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:11 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Jay29 wrote:
I think the players at the club expect to control matches and be on the front foot, forcing the opposition to adapt to them. Instead, they're being sent out to react to the opposition and sacrifice their strengths for the plan, and they don't like it.

Perfect description of the Bayern team under Kovac, too, btw

If today was of any indication, the part about the players not liking it is very accurate. I don't like to read that much into body language, but it was hard not to today. Players walking around, they looked apathetic despite it being a high energy/high pressure game in the second half. Didn't see many Arsenal players communicating, yelling, doing much of anything. As shocking as the performance was, perhaps as shocking to me was the intensity of the Arsenal team that was out there. They strolled to 2-0 up on schoolboy defending from Watford and the team never had to run at a fast pace. The second half picked up, and Arsenal kept on playing like it was the first half again, completely oblivious to a fired up Watford team and crowd.

I have no clue, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out the players have problems working under Emery. Speculating though, of course.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:16 pm

rofl

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Lucas10Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Vagi12Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 16847710Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Calma10Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 I44.servimg.:I'munoriginal:Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 ZRXInyBUnai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 37329810Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Xowen10Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 TrolldolskiUnai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Market_15514_1390429635Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Mike110Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Michael-jackson-dance-smiley-emoticon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:19 pm

Xhaka's comments post-game said a lot.

On top of admitting the team was "scared in the second half", he said they were happy at half-time and thought they were playing well.

But the thing was, they weren't playing well at all. The scoreline was good, and that's a reason to be happy, but nothing about the performance suggested it was deserved. Arsenal managed two shots all half, gave up chances and lacked control. I feel like most teams would have been disappointed and know they could do much better.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it sounds like a mid-table mentality.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:23 pm

its indeed,we are turning to midtable team that gives even average opponents too much respect,well that has already been the case since Emery's Arrival
sigh

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Lucas10Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Vagi12Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 16847710Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Calma10Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 I44.servimg.:I'munoriginal:Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 ZRXInyBUnai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 37329810Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Xowen10Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 TrolldolskiUnai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Market_15514_1390429635Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Mike110Unai Emery Sack Watch - Page 6 Michael-jackson-dance-smiley-emoticon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:33 pm

@CBarca wrote:Where's El Gunner

Absolute bum mate. I tried to be positive about the start of the season, but I was deluding myself. Nothing has changed since he has come in. Granted we still have some shit players in our squad, i believe there is some quality here and there, but Emery doesn't know what to do with that quality.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Just to remind people that Liverpool were still rubbish after klopp had been there for a year. It took him close to 2 years to turn Liverpool into the best team in Europe

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:53 pm

Cant be bothered to dig but I told you Emery is a coward from day 1. He's not a Kloppo and never will be
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 pm

No hunger and leadership, and everyone already accepted Emery not good enough. I don't believe he will get fired, he will finish his contract.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:29 am

To touch on the Klopp/Liverpool comparison for a bit:

The big difference with Klopp was that, from the beginning, you could see what he wanted Liverpool to do and what he was building towards.

It wasn't just the style of football, either, but also the attitude of the team. He wanted his team to be aggressive, gutsy, and resilient, and I felt like you could see that in their early performances.

His early struggles came from a lack of quality in his squad, and not adapting his approach to compensate those weaknesses. Instead, he continued to focus on his team's strengths and make that great, which was admirable.

Emery has none of that going for him at Arsenal. His approach to games changes every week. There's no defined way of playing for his team and you can't say they're building towards anything in particular when you watch them.

His team isn't gutsy or resilient. Sometimes they're aggressive, but most of the time they're weak.

And even though his team lacks quality in certain areas, he's neither compensating for weaknesses or accentuating its strengths. Nobody looks good in his team.

This isn't a case where two or three key signings will suddenly make Arsenal better, like it was with Liverpool. It's a case of the whole project being flawed from the beginning.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:18 pm

Meh.

OUT.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:49 am

He's one the worst big game managers i have ever seen...  no joke.  He wets the bed almost every time. Reason? Instead of just sticking to the obvious, he tries to be clever. It rarely works.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6