New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by Raptorgunner on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:04 pm

I think Arteta would not be bad choice now.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:10 pm

There's absolutely no way Arsenal should ever even consider hiring Mourinho.
You are Arséne Wenger's club ffs. This modern, Premier League version of Arsenal, that is worldwide famous and has world wide fans, was built by Wenger. There's a certain style about your club. There's a certain spirit about your club.

Wenger delivered this style and spirit with great professionalism, competence and immense success. Through all this he had to fight against a mean spirited, actually pretty xenophobic, and spiteful opposition in English football and media.
Mourinho was one posterboy of this spiteful, mean-spirited opposition. There's no way he should ever be hired by Arsenal.
Can't believe you guys are even considering this.
You should know whose side you're on ffs.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:29 pm

Ten Hag perhaps
i would even take Vieira

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 Lucas10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 Vagi12New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 16847710New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 Calma10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 I44.servimg.:I'munoriginal:New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 ZRXInyBNew era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 37329810New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 Xowen10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 TrolldolskiNew era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 Market_15514_1390429635New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 Mike110New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 Michael-jackson-dance-smiley-emoticon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Allegri, Howe, Farke, Quique Flores, Hasenhüttl

But only Allegri is certain to be more successful than Emery

I think it's not the right time to fire Emery. It was just a 2-0 bottled to a 2-2, not the end of the world.
The performance was concerning, yes, the fact that he seems to be a manager of intensities, not of structure, is problematic as you leave so much space sometimes, but I don't think the players don't respect him, and it's hard to blame the bigger part of the defensive clownery on him when the individual players fuck up this grotesquely.
He's not giving them confidence, sure, he's not setting them up solidly, also true, but you need investment in defense and you did not have it.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:50 pm

This is not a reaction from just one game. I've been Emery out since last year when he fielded 8 defensive players against Huddersfield at the Emirates. He's a midtable manager who has somehow found himself managing a big club.

I would take any of these names including Mourinho.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:25 pm

Rafa Benietez
Or
Jose Mourinho
boyzis
boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:28 pm

I would be disgusted if we hired Mourinho. We should have some standards ffs. He's the epitome of an anti-Arsenal person, even if he has never managed Spurs.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:17 pm

Mourinho, really?

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 4 ALKyDy6_460sa_v1
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Jose Mourinho definitely

See Xhaka's comments and it should tell you that the situation at the club is the same as it was under wenger. The defeatist mentality has seeped through the managers.

Mourinho is what we need.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:19 pm

He may not be the best option all things considered, but at least Mourinho would teach these boys structure, and a sense of responsibility for a specific role in the team, something which they have not learned yet at their time at Arsenal.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:53 pm

Jesus, can you imagine Aubameyang and Lacazette under a proper Rafa drilled team. You guys would be scary in Europe.

Rafa would get the best out of Pepe and possibly even Ozil too. Guendouzi and Torreira would flourish. And he has a knack of finding gems like Koulibaly, Mertens, Jorginho out of nowhere.

Best thing he would absolutely change your whole defensive mentality and shape. Scrubs like Luiz, Sokratis, Mustafi would be gone within 6 months. Even Xhaka would probably get booted if he doesn't grow a brain.

I don't know if he'd leave China so soon but Arsenal is the right club for a guy like Rafa. He's been searching for his proper home since leaving Liverpool and I can't think of a better fit (outside of Liverpool) in the PL than Arsenal.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Tuchel... need to hire another PSG scrub. I don't see things finishing well for him this season. Leonardo wants to bring Carlo back to PSG.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:32 pm

RG would much rather have Mourinho than Tuchel which is a bit puzzling tbh

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:36 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:RG would much rather have Mourinho than Tuchel which is a bit puzzling tbh

Tuchel has achieved nothing in his life. He'll bring in the same weak mentality wenger left us with and Emery is carrying.

Mourinho will bring us some core strength.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:45 pm

Mourinho
Rafa
Carlo

With Henry as their side kick. We got this.

boyzis
boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:59 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:RG would much rather have Mourinho than Tuchel which is a bit puzzling tbh

Tuchel has achieved nothing in his life. He'll bring in the same weak mentality wenger left us with and Emery is carrying.

Mourinho will bring us some core strength.

That is not actually true.
His Dortmund was the best 2nd place team in Bundesliga history, and he also won a German Cup.
He had Mkhitaryan playing like a world beater.
He has won Ligue Un, something a certain Unai Emery has actually failed to do.

Now one can be a fucking dumbarse and claim finishing 2nd is losing, but it's really not, especially when you're in Bundesliga and the 1st team is a Pep-coached Bayern.

Meanwhile, Mourinho has royally, collossally fucked up every one of his last 3 big jobs.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:22 am

While I accept Arsenal have brain dead players, Emery's system exposes them far too much.

Luiz conceded two penalties in 160 games for Chelsea. He's already conceded two at Arsenal.

Sokratis is below average with the ball, but he's being asked to play out at every opportunity.

He knows he has reckless players in defence but he sets his team in such a way they get no protection and are encouraged to act recklessly to stop attacks.

But beyond tactics, the most damning thing about that Watford game - and this is why I think it's become such a big issue for Arsenal fans - is the lack of teamwork and effort. Even during the first half, Arsenal's midfielders were jogging back into their position while Watford broke forward. Then admitting they were "scared" and unable to play at all in the second half... where does that come from? I can't believe every player in that team is a loser who can't play well under pressure. If it's a case of certain players dragging the rest down, why are they still playing?

Arsenal were very active in the summer. If Emery didn't want Xhaka anymore and needed someone better, I am half-certain Arsenal would have got someone for him and moved Xhaka along, just as they did with Iwobi and Mkhitaryan. But he kept him, made him captain and plays him as the orchestrator/organiser in the team over Torreira, who gets shafted for being short.

It's no longer a case of Emery being new and curing the hangover from the Wenger era. This is his team now, and it's not a good one in any sense.

Also, factor in how Arsenal finished the previous season. Those 3-1/3-0 losses to Wolves and Leicester, the home defeat to Palace, the draw with Brighton, the 4-1 defeat in the EL final. The cracks were apparent well before this season and it doesn't look like they've been fixed or even being worked on. I don't expect Emery to change his approach, either, because a lot of Arsenal's problems now were problems with his Sevilla and his PSG. Sevilla were even ranked number one for shots conceded under his management. There's evidently a fault with his set-ups.

So Edu and Sanllehi should be concerned about what's going on. They might not have grounds to remove him now since it's early, the signings are still settling in and he's got three defenders coming back from injury, but I hope they're looking for alternatives.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:50 am

I think things are slowly unraveling for Emery, just so far Aubameyang, Leno, Xhaka have come out with veiled criticism to Emery’s methods. I imagine Özil is not a big fan either.

Things are going to get much worse if Raul Sanllehi and Edu don‘t step up with a decision soon.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:55 am

I just hope the management don't decide to stick it out with the coach when a more apparent rift comes about between coach and players, could open the possibility of top players like Aubameyang deciding to leave
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:33 pm

You either need to overhaul the squad to meet the style of the new manager.

OR

Get a manager that fits the squad

OR

Get a manager that is pragmatic and adaptable

Mourinho is not adaptable and the squad doesn't fit his style. It would be an unmitigated disaster unless Arsenal commits to an overhaul... which is difficult and risky.

Tuchel also has a very specific style and Arsenal's squad seems to fit. HOWEVER, is Tuchel's style conducive to winning trophies? I don't think so. Defensively, too exposed.

Emery is a numpty so he's not an option.

What would i do? Tuchel is better than Emery. If you're not going to win... at least be entertained. Tuchel's teams play entertaining football and he doesn't look like he's battling hemorrhoids every time he gives an interview.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism on Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:00 pm

Pragmatic and adaptable, that's Benitez right there.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:28 pm

Benitez is a really, really bad idea, I'm sorry.

Don't waste your time on dinosaurs.

Coaches are at their best in their late 40s, early 50s.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Tuchel is one of my favourite managers in the game so if he‘s available you get him. He‘s a charismatic dude who can convince people even if it doesn‘t work immediately. But I don‘t think PSG are ready to depart with him. We‘ll see, I guess.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:32 pm

alot of people might disagree but i think arsenal have a great squad and that is capable of challenging for epl title. i dont think they can win it. the problem right now is a right set up and emery has not been able to set up his team tactically the right way.

Again he needs to be ruthless, xhaka needs to be dropped. Ozil used sparingly. But it takes big guts to make such calls especially when one of them is club captain and the other has alot of support.

football needs to be played as a unit and emery has not been able to complement one players weakness with other players strength. for example. xhaka in the middle might work if he puts torreria and willock with him forming a mid field three.
boyzis
boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:42 pm

It's funny when you revisit Emery's interview upon being hired.

Attacking football, pressing, "would rather win 5-4 than win 1-0", etc. All these great sound bites.

Maybe that he was his intent tbf to be to him but the execution has been lacking to say the least.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:08 pm

Well, the first half of last season was quite good under Emery. He played with a purpose and to some extent, style. But since then it seems like the pressure or the job's magnitude has gotten in his head.

It's a bit surprising.

Anyways, Mourinho or death IMO
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next