Robespierre
Freeza
41 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 16 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by El Gunner Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:05 am

Dexter Proud

Season 3 and 4 are still great. 5 not that bad imo, though others might argue.
Started dipping from season 6 to the end, though I was such a huge fanboy I enjoyed seeing all of it out.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:46 am

Yeah, most people enjoy seasons 1-4. I also really liked season 5. Then, it falls off a cliff. It progressively gets worse until we get that series finale.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Dexter season 1-5 was goat level. just like Lost season 1-3 .
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:31 pm

I loved every bit of Dexter apart from the ending itself. GOAT show.

Just finished Parks and Rec. Also a fantastic show that everyone should see. Once you start watching, you can't get away. 10/10 in my book, will watch again

Wanted to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia now but the laugh track ruins it for me. I don't need to be told when to laugh lmao

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Try Modern Family if you have not.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:20 am

Finished watching Counterpart season 1. 8/10. Always enjoyable watching a JK Simmons tour de force. Some episodes dragged with the spycraft, but it has a very interesting premise that would often have us talking about details from the show after finishing watching.

Will prob wait until S2 is complete before tackling that. Feel like this is made for binging, too many details needed to fall along the spy stuff would get lost if I had to remember something from 5 weeks back.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:43 am

Counterpart is one of my favorite new shows. I haven't started season two yet. I'm not sure if I'm gonna wait until it's all done. I agree it seems like it's perfect for binging, but I watched it week to week the last season, and it wasn't too bad.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:10 am

Not sure if i missed it but find it strange there is no mention of Haunting of Hll House imo it is arguably the best horror series i have ever seen. It caught me by surprise the depth of this show. It is chilling, complex, and very engrossing. Really like how the show portrays Ghosts in a fictional and symbolic manor. It is a way i have never seen a horror story be told.

9.5/10 for me, and i tend give a score of 9 or above to maybe 1 or 2 shows a year.

Must watch.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:44 pm

The feels Sad Proud eco smile
Absolute absolute favourite
Always James Gandolfini Heart

David Chase said GoodFellas was a bigger inspiration than something like Godfather which feels operatic and staged more than the realness of GoodFellas. Exactly why I prefer GoodFellas over Godfather as well.

Also apparently he is working on a prequel movie titled, The Many Saints of Newark and so far Jon Bernthal and Vera Farmiga are signed up.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:57 pm

Blue wrote:Not sure if i missed it but find it strange there is no mention of Haunting of Hll House imo it is arguably the best horror series i have ever seen. It caught me by surprise the depth of this show. It is chilling, complex, and very engrossing. Really like how the show portrays Ghosts in a fictional and symbolic manor. It is a way i have never seen a horror story be told.

9.5/10 for me, and i tend give a score of 9 or above to maybe 1 or 2 shows a year.

Must watch.

It's not scary imo, but the plot is decent. I've nevevr watched horror series so I don't have anything to compare it to but what I can say is that it's hard to make a good horror, it can go wrong in many ways. Hill House is not over the top, it's just right, well worth a watch.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:09 pm

El Gunner wrote:

David Chase said GoodFellas was a bigger inspiration than something like Godfather which feels operatic and staged more than the realness of GoodFellas. Exactly why I prefer GoodFellas over Godfather as well. Corleone >>>> Capone

Also apparently he is working on a prequel movie titled, The Many Saints of Newark and so far Jon Bernthal and Vera Farmiga are signed up.
There is nothing as influential as the Godfather, facht. I am guessing u haven't read the book.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:37 pm

Lucifer wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

David Chase said GoodFellas was a bigger inspiration than something like Godfather which feels operatic and staged more than the realness of GoodFellas. Exactly why I prefer GoodFellas over Godfather as well. Corleone >>>> Capone

There  is nothing  as influential  as the Godfather,  facht. I am guessing u haven't read the book.

It's two very different approaches to portaying the mafia though, with the Goodfellas approach and also the Sopranos underlining the grotesque and banal along with the violence and fatalism.
Sopranos is must view TV if there is such a thing as must view (obviously not).

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:44 pm

Blue wrote:Not sure if i missed it but find it strange there is no mention of Haunting of Hll House imo it is arguably the best horror series i have ever seen. It caught me by surprise the depth of this show. It is chilling, complex, and very engrossing. Really like how the show portrays Ghosts in a fictional and symbolic manor. It is a way i have never seen a horror story be told.

Must watch.

Thanks for the tip. Definitively will give it a try after such high praise, I love really good horror stuff, but it's so rarely ever done right and the good stuff is so few and far between, I basically stopped bothering watching horror stuff in the anticipation it would be bad.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:30 pm

Lucifer wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

There is nothing as influential as the Godfather, facht. I am guessing u haven't read the book.

No disrespect intended, I loved the films. Just prefer the GoodFellas approach at the end of the day.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:01 pm

Myesyats wrote:

Must watch.

It's not scary imo, but the plot is decent. I've nevevr watched horror series so I don't have anything to compare it to but what I can say is that it's hard to make a good horror, it can go wrong in many ways. Hill House is not over the top, it's just right, well worth a watch.

Yeah i agree it is not scary, but than again i don't know if there is a movie i consider scary. The only movie i considered to be scary is the original Paranormal Activity. Mainly due playing off the illusion that it was based on real event and subtle activities that keeps you on your toe . I saw that movie over 10 years ago, so i am not sure i would feel the same way if i saw it today. But at that time i thought it was scary, then i learned it was complete fiction and thought what a load of crap.

I think there is some scary moments in H of House Hill if you induce yourself to it. Also watching at night and keeping outside noise at a minimal as possible helps to really get into the experience. Will it keep you at night? for most probably not, but it will likely catch you by surprise give you a little scare. But yeah definitely agree it is not scary, but as you are probably aware not the selling point. It is not filled with violence, blood, and gore as true horror shows go off of, it is meant to be subtle and balanced.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:16 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Must watch.

Thanks for the tip. Definitively will give it a try after such high praise, I love really good horror stuff, but it's so rarely ever done right and the good stuff is so few and far between, I basically stopped bothering watching horror stuff in the anticipation it would be bad.

Hope you like it, it is absolutely a masterpiece in storytelling and cinematography for me. The plot is redundant actually, this story has been told before and many times probably. But the show tell and show it in a unforgettable way. Some of the best moments in tv for me.

Hope to hear your thoughts after you watch it.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:27 am

I think episode 6 especially was a cinematographic masterpiece. Now that I've re-watched some of the scenes I really see where you're coming from. It's definitely up there, not far from the all-time greats.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:40 am

Star Trek: Discovery with a good Season 2 premiere.

A little lighter in tone and Anson Mount as Captain Pike fits really well.

Watching The Orville now and it's still weird watching these shows back to back.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:06 am

in the mood for a western type show

looking at Godless (never heard of it until a couple days ago) and also Longmire

probably too lazy to ever watch them but anyone rate them?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Loved them both honestly for vastly different reasons. Jeff Daniels' villain in Godless was spellbinding. Some of the best acting around. Longmire was a real callback to shows long gone with his slower, almost meandering pace at times. I've always been a big fan of Lou Diamond Philips in just about anything so he was one of the biggest reasons I saw this show through to its end.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:36 am

Godless was so good to me. Has been largely underappreciated. I think it was due to a mismanaged marketing campaign that made it seem much more like a women's empowerment story than what it was. It still had plenty elements of that nature, but it wasn't the whole plot as the trailer made it out to be.

It's much more a father/son story than anything else. But I loved it so much. Might give a rewatch. The horse taming scenes are some of the best television I've seen these past 5 years or so.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:29 am

Highly recommend this!

And I'm not sorry to say that TWD IS SHIT compared to Kingdom!
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:51 am

I am just on the 7th season of The Office [US]

That Goodbye Michael episode...

Jesus. Did anyone else get emotional af?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:26 pm

Today I learned that 'Youtube Premium' TV service actually has legit shows. I thought it was all complete shit, but it has some show called Impulse that looks legit (based on the Jumper novels, movie came out a decade ago)

and a show I just watched the first ep of on the site for free and then promptly went to dl the rest

Wayne

Wayne, a 16 year-old Dirty Harry with a heart of gold, sets out on a small two stroke road bike from Boston to Florida with his new friend Del to get back the shit-hot 79' Trans-Am that was stolen from his father before he died. An action comedy, it's John Wick via John Hughes.

From the writers of Deadpool comes the story of 16 year old Wayne. He's a second generation, socially awkward, bully of bullies, with a heart of gold. He decides to take an unplanned road trip to Florida with his new friend Del, to get back his father's Trans Am, that his mother stole when she left them. With limited resources and nothing but the name of the city he thinks the car is in, he and Del face hilarious and heartfelt situations on their travels together down the Eastern seaboard.

cant attest to the overall quality but the first episode was elite
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:I am just on the 7th season of The Office [US]

That Goodbye Michael episode...

Jesus. Did anyone else get emotional af?

It was around 4 am at the time I watched that epi and cried like a little bitch. No shame.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Not ashamed to admit I cried too. What a show, what an episode!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next