The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu May 23, 2019 6:57 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Tbf to JJ he had little to do with Lost after the 1st season. It was mostly Carleton and Lindelof

True. Think Abrams was already completely gone after season 1.
And I don't believe the story they kept spreading between seasons to placate fans that they had an ending mapped out from the beginning which Abrams had conceived as a whole and everything was under control.
These fuckers were making it up as they went along Laughing

Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Thu May 23, 2019 7:26 pm

Abrams’s whole philosophy is that’s he’ll never reveal the mystery in the intro. So he’s never had the intention of explaining.

Abrams is the same dude who got a mystery box when he was 10 and still hasn’t opened it.

His Ted Talk about it is quite interesting

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Thu May 23, 2019 11:57 pm

Not a star trek fan at all but this looks like a fan service series surely?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat May 25, 2019 12:31 am

Have to give it to Freeza, Fleabag was a great rec. Shame it only lasts 2 seasons. How british to stop the show once the story is 'done'

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat May 25, 2019 12:39 am

Watch Line of duty ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sat May 25, 2019 12:40 am

@RealGunner wrote:Watch Line of duty ffs

On it

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Sat May 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Everyone needs to stop what they're doing right now and watch Chernobyl

Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Sat May 25, 2019 2:33 pm

already am

it's great, saw that it's currently the highest rated TV series of all time on IMDB, which is absurd
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat May 25, 2019 3:48 pm

have it bookmarked

love watching Chernobyl documentaries/youtube series so will surely thoroughly enjoy this.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:08 am

I watched Crashing (UK) and Fleabag. First one is on Netflix and the latter is on Prime.

Fleabag was indeed fantastic. PWB is one of the best writers in the industry hands down. The quality of the comedy, writing and acting is insanely high.

I really prefer watching finished series nowadays with seasons taking almost two years gap. For instance I watched Mindhunter and Dark on 2017 and season 2 of those shows are being released this year ffs. Its why I put off so many shows despite them looking good. Line Of Duty, Russian Doll, Umbrella Academy, Sacred Games, Killing Eve, Barry, You, Sex Education, Money Heist, Babylon Berlin, Outlander, Atypical, Haunting Of Hill House.

#JUSTICE4The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 Lulcas11The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBThe TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 ZidaneThe TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 SmurffThe TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 GhelyonThe TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 Hungry_boyThe TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:16 pm

Barry S02E05 'ronny/lily' is some of the weirdest surreal, dark comedy mashup TV I've ever seen rofl rofl rofl rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:23 pm

I'm gathering strength to watch When They See Us on Netflix, but I have a hard time seeing that happen. Nothing I hate to watch in show more than true stories of miscarriage of justice

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:38 pm

@M99 wrote:I watched Crashing (UK) and Fleabag. First one is on Netflix and the latter is on Prime.

Fleabag was indeed fantastic. PWB is one of the best writers in the industry hands down. The quality of the comedy, writing and acting is insanely high.

I really prefer watching finished series nowadays with seasons taking almost two years gap. For instance I watched Mindhunter and Dark on 2017 and season 2 of those shows are being released this year ffs. Its why I put off so many shows despite them looking good. Line Of Duty, Russian Doll, Umbrella Academy, Sacred Games, Killing Eve, Barry, You, Sex Education, Money Heist, Babylon Berlin, Outlander, Atypical, Haunting Of Hill House.

M99 what did you think of Crashing (UK)?

My friends tried to watch Crashing (US) and stumbled upon the UK version and started watching it. They decided not to stop and I joined them after the first episode.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:16 pm

Watching Lost atm

5 episodes in. Saw there are 22 episodes and 6 seasons.

Is it really worth it?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:39 pm

There are no words to describe how good the Chernobyl mini series is. Absolutely no words.
Lucifer
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:54 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Watching Lost atm

5 episodes in. Saw there are 22 episodes and 6 seasons.

Is it really worth it?

Not really imo.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:31 am

@Lucifer wrote:There are no words to describe how good the Chernobyl mini series is. Absolutely no words.
watched it last night and i agree. one of the best mini series ive seen 2nd only to band of brothers.

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Also watched Chernobyl yesterday. What a haunting depiction of those events. Beautifully shot and some powerful performances. It made me realize how little we were actually taught about this disaster in school.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:13 pm

@CBarca wrote:
@M99 wrote:I watched Crashing (UK) and Fleabag. First one is on Netflix and the latter is on Prime.

My friends tried to watch Crashing (US) and stumbled upon the UK version and started watching it. They decided not to stop and I joined them after the first episode.

I didn't like it that much. It was funny, thought the cast was really good but the main storylines are not that good. Fleabag is the much superior show. It's on Amazon Prime and anyone should watch it. Its pretty short, the whole two seasons are like 4 hours combined.

Btw Crashing UK is not related to the American show in any way. Its not a remake like The Office, they just have the same name coincidentally.

#JUSTICE4The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 Lulcas11The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBThe TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 ZidaneThe TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 SmurffThe TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 GhelyonThe TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 Hungry_boyThe TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 Lol-sign

M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:04 pm

@M99 wrote:
@CBarca wrote:

I didn't like it that much. It was funny, thought the cast was really good but the main storylines are not that good. Fleabag is the much superior show. It's on Amazon Prime and anyone should watch it. Its pretty short, the whole two seasons are like 4 hours combined.

Btw Crashing UK is not related to the American show in any way. Its not a remake like The Office, they just have the same name coincidentally.

I also stumbled upon it and continued, but it lost me in couple of episodes. Green wing is also very solid show if you haven't watched it already. Also can I say I am in love with British shows, way better than the American ones.
Lucifer
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:07 pm

Also please tell me all my GL brethrens have watched Chernobyl already, pretty fucking please.
Lucifer
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:29 pm

@Lucifer wrote:Also please tell me all my GL brethrens have watched Chernobyl already, pretty fucking please.

I'll start watching it now, lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:27 pm

For those watching Chernobyl  Very Happy

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 22 64394704_2417584164951984_5624241433385893888_o.png?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:50 am

@M99 wrote:
@CBarca wrote:

I can agree with this. It wasn't a bad show, but the storylines advanced way too quickly and it was too hectic every episode. Some good humor though and I agree the cast was pretty good. I didn't mind watching it, but I can't say it deserved more than the season it got, truthfully.

Had no clue that PWB was the writer of Crashing...I'm checking out Fleabag next due to GL hype (and seemingly hype from everywhere else now too) Molenation

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:55 am

From the sound of it, I assumed Crashing (US) was some sort of gay version of Girls

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Chernobyl is great. Its meticulously crafted and very emotional. The acting, soundtrack, writing, directing and cinematography is all very good. It certainly is one of the best miniseries I've seen but its not close to Band Of Brothers for me personally. This is one strange show to get upvoted to shit at IMDB. Its not the type of show that attracts dedicated fanbases or cult following, its really strange it got rated this high at IMDB. Maybe it was to balance out GOT Laughing

I thought Sharp Objects would have Emmys on a lock but in the space of a year we also got When They See Us and Chernobyl. Bravo. Always love watching one off miniseries, especially in this recent age where season gaps are close to two years for most shows.

M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next