Firenze
farfan
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
S
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

OFFICIAL : Zidane resigns as Madrid manager - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Zidane resigns as Madrid manager

Post by iftikhar Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:29 am

All I can say is, this was totally unexpected.

Who is going to replace him??? Most of the known managers have already been hooked-up.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL : Zidane resigns as Madrid manager - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Zidane resigns as Madrid manager

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:04 pm

Chelsea are making a move on Zidane apparently.... they've cooled on Sarri.

I think he's going to wait until after the WC regardless.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:06 pm

Chelsea will get Blanc IMO

Spurs to get Sarri

Madrid to hire Poch to complete the managerial merry go-round
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:15 pm

"The link now with Madrid is normal and I take it with all normality. I’m committed to Spurs and still have a long contract with them I just signed. I’m happy where I am." - Poch

Well looks like RM already failed to get their first choice
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:16 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:"The link now with Madrid is normal and I take it with all normality. I’m committed to Spurs and still have a long contract with them I just signed. I’m happy where I am." - Poch

Well looks like RM already failed to get their first choice

Assuming he's their first choice.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Vamos Lopetequi!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:Chelsea are making a move on Zidane apparently.... they've cooled on Sarri.

I think he's going to wait until after the WC regardless.

Does Zidane actually want to continue btw? i don't think it's absolutely certain that he does tbh.

Other than Pep i can't think of many other managers who had major success in a short space of time who had long managerial careers.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:48 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Vamos Lopetequi!

Madrid fans seem to be unanimous in wanting a Porto flop as their next manager. hmm

I get the whole Spanish/ex-Madrid connection, but I just don't see anything tangible to get excited about.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:52 pm

Have you not watched Spanish NT?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:02 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Have you not watched Spanish NT?

Have you seen the talent that you have? I expect this Spain to look good in friendlies and qualifiers even with a passable manager.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:58 pm

farfan wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Have you not watched Spanish NT?

Have you seen the talent that you have? I expect this Spain to look good in friendlies and qualifiers even with a passable manager.

He has molded this talent thru youth seleccion to current senior team. He has tactically improved what Del Bosque couldn’t. I suspect you have just looked at roster and scores. If you have followed him as I have for past 6 years, you wouldn’t be so fixed on the Porto result.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:25 pm

Let's see how Spain do in big game in the WC... we'll then know what he's made of.

It's not like he has either player or managerial pedigree that makes you think he's the right person for Madrid. You need one or the other.

If Spain do great in WC, then I'm on board.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:19 am

Well let’s let Flo know that Sports is on board, that will likely make a big difference.

One clarification tho, I said once Lopetequi has won the WC! He’s too valuable to our seleccion to go to any club right now. I fully expect him to do well in WC, but to actually win it, he has to contend with Germany, Brasil and maybe even the over hyped France. Being 4th favourite isn’t a bad position at all!

The issue for Madrid is getting a coach after WC could have a detrimental effect on season with late signings!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:22 am

Would be awesome if Real could persuade Löw. That would make up for everything I had to suffer at their hands. No it wouldn't. But it would be tiny little compensation.

Sadly, Löw knows he's got the best job in the world and not even 10 horses will be able to pull him away out of his giant plushy comfort zone that spans all the way from Freiburg to Basel to Stuttgart to Hoffenheim
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:30 pm

Chapeau, Zizou! Well done and good luck
\(q_#)
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:33 pm

Babun change that sig ffs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:17 am

nope we not unanimous. i'm actually not keen on Lopetequi as our manager, and not sure about all the excitement regarding him. i too would like to see how they do in crunch situations first. also, the position is unlike any coaching role in football, you have to almost forget all you've learned to survive the politics of the club and managing the leaders in the locker room. we've seen managers who thought they had their act together only to come to madrid and get humbled. it's among the many reasons why i don't even have any idea who we should go for.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum