LFC Season 2018/2019

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by mr-r34 on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:28 pm

Someone please explain the Gini love, I've been reading comments about how his our unsung hero after the first three games, I'm just not on that page, his been the third best midfielder so far, out of three.

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3333
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by BusterLfc on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:11 pm

He was good at retaining possession today, he had some great tackles where he stopped potentially dangerous Brighton counter attacks with some fast thinking. When Henderson went in at the DM and Gini moved to CM he had one good run and shot on goal and he had that 1 key pass to Salah in the box which he could've buried. Overall he had a really good game. I do agree though he could've sprayed some more balls from the deep, Henderson is better at that, but I still want Fabinho at DM if he settles in.

I still think this could be our best midfield this year:
Milner - Fabinho - Keita

Ox would be there instead of Milner if he wasn't injured.. I can certainly see why Klopp was looking for that creative player, we could really use one creative CM against defensive compact teams... I really miss the drive Ox brought to our midfield.

I wonder if Lallana can return to his previous form..if he could it would be good to rotate Milner/Lallana for that CM spot considering Milner is 32 and we should rotate him to keep him as fresh as possible.
avatar
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 1699
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:21 am

Alisson averaged 1641 mins per error with Roma, by far the best in Serie A. He has all my confidence for dribbling players, even though it's not neccessary.
avatar
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 1699
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by iftikhar on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:40 am

@mr-r34 wrote:Unchanged lineup, you be silly to think Klopp would ever move away from his plan A, his really got no plan b, so we'll always do plan a.
I was thinking the same. Klopp got a fantastic Plan A but he is so tentative (nay, reluctant) to go for Plan B. When (if) he takes care of this side of his game management (tactics) he will simply sweep aside anyone on the (footballing) planet.
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:21 am

@iftikhar wrote:
@mr-r34 wrote:Unchanged lineup, you be silly to think Klopp would ever move away from his plan A, his really got no plan b, so we'll always do plan a.
I was thinking the same. Klopp got a fantastic Plan A but he is so tentative (nay, reluctant) to go for Plan B. When (if) he takes care of this side of his game management (tactics) he will simply sweep aside anyone on the (footballing) planet.


I don't think he's used to having such a stacked squad. I can see him rotating more systematically once the CL starts this year, as he has far more quality options than in previous years, and at previous clubs.

As for Sturridge starting, we all remember how poor Liverpool did everytime Sturridge starts.
I like Sturridge, and based on his goal instinct and quality he surely deserves a start now and then, but that requires the rest of the team to work perfectly as it can't rely on Firmino dictation the off the ball rhythm, and important against the ball work, for them.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 24285
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Nishankly on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:06 pm

@mr-r34 wrote:Someone please explain the Gini love, I've been reading comments about how his our unsung hero after the first three games, I'm just not on that page, his been the third best midfielder so far, out of three.


He's doing the job, no more.

Fabinho comes in and wacks his out. But he's a great squad player to have.
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15539
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Unique on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:28 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@iftikhar wrote:
@mr-r34 wrote:Unchanged lineup, you be silly to think Klopp would ever move away from his plan A, his really got no plan b, so we'll always do plan a.
I was thinking the same. Klopp got a fantastic Plan A but he is so tentative (nay, reluctant) to go for Plan B. When (if) he takes care of this side of his game management (tactics) he will simply sweep aside anyone on the (footballing) planet.


I don't think he's used to having such a stacked squad. I can see him rotating more systematically once the CL starts this year, as he has far more quality options than in previous years, and at previous clubs.

As for Sturridge starting, we all remember how poor Liverpool did everytime Sturridge starts.
I like Sturridge, and based on his goal instinct and quality he surely deserves a start now and then, but that requires the rest of the team to work perfectly as it can't rely on Firmino dictation the off the ball rhythm, and important against the ball work, for them.
bringing studge on for the last 30-35mins in a game like yesterday would be perfect for us and for him.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12803
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Unique on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:29 pm

@Nishankly wrote:
@mr-r34 wrote:Someone please explain the Gini love, I've been reading comments about how his our unsung hero after the first three games, I'm just not on that page, his been the third best midfielder so far, out of three.


He's doing the job, no more.

Fabinho comes in and wacks his out. But he's a great squad player to have.
people are assuming fabinho comes good. the guy is not even making the match day squad.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12803
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Nishankly on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:37 pm

He's been unfit, he'll do the job when he's fit and integrated similar to Robertson.
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15539
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Unique on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:38 pm

@Nishankly wrote:He's been unfit, he'll do the job when he's fit and integrated similar to Robertson.
i hope so. the only real DM we have had since mash left for barca.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12803
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Nishankly on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:40 pm

I think he'll do the job, unlike Can and Wijnaldum where both needed 2 midfielders alongside them to do a job, Fabinho can handle it on his own.
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15539
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:55 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:
@mr-r34 wrote:Someone please explain the Gini love, I've been reading comments about how his our unsung hero after the first three games, I'm just not on that page, his been the third best midfielder so far, out of three.


He's doing the job, no more.

Fabinho comes in and wacks his out. But he's a great squad player to have.
people are assuming fabinho comes good. the guy is not even making the match day squad.

Robertson wasn't even making the bench in the first 3-4 months last season because he couldn't play the way Klopp wanted him to. Let's hope Fabinho turns out great too, I would love to see him succeed. He was playing a whole different thing at Monaco they played 4-4-2 and it's a new league, but Klopp said recently he is making good progress at training sessions and that "it will be fine". So let's hope it's all good with him.
avatar
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 1699
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Klopp is the only manager I can think of that does this with new players like he did with Robertson, Ox, Fabinho, slowly easing them into the team. Most other managers just throw their new 40m£ player into starting 11 and that's it.. I certainly wouldn't want Fabinho to look like Bakayoko or Fred on his debut that would ruin his confidence, I would put him in the team once he is 100% ready. Ofcourse there are players like Keita and Salah who fit in like a glove to our system and they will be fired up from the start.
avatar
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 1699
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:17 pm

It's frustrating that Klopp doesn't use depth once we finally have it. He's even been hesitant with substitutions, Sturridge is getting little minutes even though he always looks dangerous, he scored in the 1st game after 25 seconds and in the last game he was also good with picking out a pass for other players and driving forward. Shaqiri didn't even get any minutes last 2 games even though he looked promising and motivated in the preseason and 1st game.

It's annoying that Klopp always repeats the same plan over and over when he is winning the games, no matter if we play good or bad.

He's currently doing pretty much the same thing every match, his plan is:
-take lead
-bring in Henderson around 60-70th
-bring in other players when there's like 2 minutes left to play
-win

avatar
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 1699
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Nishankly on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Exactly Klopp is actually a magician, I have no words. If you spend 40m on a player and spend 2 months integrating the player into the squad. I couldn't have a conversation with any fan for less than 1 minute until they tell me to shut up.
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15539
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:45 pm

Nish wat lmao
avatar
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 1699
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by iftikhar on Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:11 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@iftikhar wrote:
@mr-r34 wrote:Unchanged lineup, you be silly to think Klopp would ever move away from his plan A, his really got no plan b, so we'll always do plan a.
I was thinking the same. Klopp got a fantastic Plan A but he is so tentative (nay, reluctant) to go for Plan B. When (if) he takes care of this side of his game management (tactics) he will simply sweep aside anyone on the (footballing) planet.


I don't think he's used to having such a stacked squad. I can see him rotating more systematically once the CL starts this year, as he has far more quality options than in previous years, and at previous clubs.

As for Sturridge starting, we all remember how poor Liverpool did everytime Sturridge starts.
I like Sturridge, and based on his goal instinct and quality he surely deserves a start now and then, but that requires the rest of the team to work perfectly as it can't rely on Firmino dictation the off the ball rhythm, and important against the ball work, for them.
It's not about stacked squad. He rarely changes tactics during the game and his substitutions are late and like for like. He (mostly) tries different players in the same system.

Sturridge isn't a 433 player. Klopp never tweaked his system/formation to get the most out of Sturridge. Funny thing is Klopp have tried several formation/tactics (with resounding success) in the past: three at the back, two up top etc.
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Nishankly on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:37 pm

@BusterLfc wrote:Nish wat lmao


It's just the way he integrates everyone to work in the system. It's crazy, maybe it's the extra beers speaking but I have massive rspsect for the dude for that.
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15539
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:40 pm

Oh u meant that i just didnt understand your post lmao, i suck at engrish bruh
avatar
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 1699
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Nishankly on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:42 pm

Na reading my post again, it's random AF.
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15539
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:48 pm

Nah its cool its on point i respect klopp for that but he seriously needs a different approach with substitutions, he should give sturridge 30+ mins IMO
avatar
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 1699
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Unique on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Liverpool have hired a specialist throw-in coach to help their chances of winning silverware.

Danish coach Thomas Gronnemark will work with the first team on a part-time basis.

Gronnemark has worked at Schalke 04, Hertha Berlin and FC Midtjylland, with the success of the Danish side in the Europa League in 2015 attributed to their set-piece plays.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12803
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Helmer on Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Firmino is not doing bad if you consider his role in the team. But the issue is, who else can perform better in his role in the current system. Klopp is trying to play this weird formation where defensively and attacking wise the front three have very different positions and roles. Firmino allows Mane and Salah to do whatever they want.

That is why Klopp tried Studge in that role in pre season. Dropping deep and providing passes to the front players. Not usual running behind the defense line and feeding on through balls and Studge doesnt even have legs for that, that is a different matter.

So I think Klopp will need a bit longer to develop alternative tactics where he can accommodate Studge or Shaqiri and still keep  his desired pressing formations.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 8365
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by BusterLfc on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Firmino as basically playing as an AM/SS and Salah as a CF. Just check the heat maps and you can see how deeper Firmino is playing compared to Salah

I compare it to Slavezema and Ronaldo in Madrid

Slavemino confirmed
avatar
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 1699
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by BusterLfc on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:14 pm

avatar
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 1699
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by BusterLfc on Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:01 am

Whats yall line ups for leiceister
avatar
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 1699
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LFC Season 2018/2019

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum