Julen Lopetegui to Real Madrid

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Julen Lopetegui to Real Madrid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Julen Lopetegui to Real Madrid

Post by Thimmy on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:36 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:Where does all this hate come from?

I’ve been wondering about that, as well. Never had a strong opinion about him, myself.

Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Julen Lopetegui to Real Madrid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Julen Lopetegui to Real Madrid

Post by futbol on Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:11 pm

Yeah, Lope is just garbage. I mean how do you manage to not win stuff with Porto that won like 7 titles in a row or something like that.

He was only successful when Thiago and Isco were rocking the U21s and that wasn't Lope's doing either, Thiago was already starting games for Barca back then while Isco was also established in La Liga.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:34 pm

Man this forum really doesn't like Lopetegui.

He's probably a C+ to B- level manager. To continually point to a failure he had over 3 years ago makes me feel like he personally wronged you or something.
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:52 pm

@vanDEEZ wrote:Man this forum really doesn't like Lopetegui.

He's probably a C+ to B- level manager. To continually point to a failure he had over 3 years ago makes me feel like he personally wronged you or something.

We were reacting to one poster comparing him to Pellegrini, and to the fact that he got a top job recently.
Not sure why it's considered "hating" to point out that the guy hasn't done especially well anywhere

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:17 pm

He did well with Spain and with Spain U19-21 teams he has managed. Sure those teams probably should be doing well, but people tend to forget how bad Spain were after their last WC win.

I was responding to the thought that Lopetegui is "the biggest fraud of all time." He's not, he's an okay manager. He's been good with Spain, bad with Porto, and it's really difficult to judge RM considering we had 3 managers and they were all shit (he was at least better than Solari and probably ZZ).

Far worse managers keep getting jobs imo.
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum