Can't wait

Last edited by S on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch - Page 7 Empty Re: Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch

Post by Cruijf Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not a coincidence that the large majority of people defending it are Madrid fans tbh.

Madrid acted disgracefully and forced Spain's hands, there's no other possible explanation for normal people without bias.

This has nothing to do with Madrid lol. I despise Real as everyone knows but Real's disrespect in their negotiations is dwarfed by the FA's stupidity. Surprised so many are defending it
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:53 pm

Just read that the players apparently had a 2 hour meeting with the president trying to change his mind rofl

How anyone can think this is the right sporting decision is beyond me
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:29 am

messixaviesta wrote:
Yes it's a very sorry story. If I were to rank who to blame from least to most then strangely I would say Lopetegui least of the three. For him it was too big an opportunity to let go of Real Madrid and a national team job post world cup is kind of an anti climax. From Real Madrid's side it's pathetic conduct. Yes hijacking of coaches is nothing new but to do it from your own national side, to do it for a coach who's isn't exactly among the world's elite and all this when you had several other options is just criminal. If they still wanted to do it at least they should have taken the RFEF into confidence right from the start. Worst of all though is the conduct of the RFEF. They have cast aside all thoughts of what's best for the team for the world cup. It's about their own egos or specifically that scoundrel's own ego.

What. If there is one person mainly at fault it is absolutely Lopetegui.

He had ample opportunity to avoid this entire thing by:
-Not signing a contract extension 2 weeks ago if he knew that RM was on the cards
-Informing his bosses that he was considering a move to RM at any point before 5 minutes prior to the press conference
-Not gone public with the appointment until after the WC or at least until Spain was out of the WC
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:34 am

@BC, Madrid contacted Lopetegui on friday, this was not on the cards for him before.

the story about Rubiales not knowing is his version, is it true?we have really negotiated with lopetegui, without informing the spanish FA that we would pay his clause for 5 days, and it was just between madrid and lope? you will soon found out we informed the RFEF but the info did not trickle down to him.

the whole "i just found out 5 minutes ago" sounds stupid to me.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 am

Even if you believe that this was a spur of the moment thing, and even if you believe that RFEF were properly informed, there was no good reason to go public with this 2 days before the WC. Regardless of whether you believe that Lopetegui forced RFEF's hand or merely created an uncomfortable situation, it could have been avoided entirely.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:43 am

it would have 100% leaked during the world cup, as if they can keep it as a secret. the good move was to come forward united.

I dont believe Rubiales at all, that's my opinion.

anyway, Julen will be presented in Madrid tomorrow afternoon
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:40 am

I agree, him being fired could have been avoided entirely if the Spanish FA weren't run by an egomaniac of extreme proportions, bald headed lil shit makes Perez seem like a calm and thoughtful individual.

As for the "he signed a contract 2 weeks ago", not only that is not true (JLo signed the extension May 22nd or around there), the fk that has to do with anything? Madrid had a manager during that team and looked dead set to be going with Zidane. Julen signed his extension. Everyone was living their own lives separately.

As for "he had no good reason to say it before the WC", more bullshit. Conte announced he was going to Chelsea whilst being Italy's manager, Italian FA didn't fire him. Van Gaal signed for Utd whilst being the Netherlands manager, the Dutch FA didn't fire him. Scolari announced he was going to Chelsea right after their match vs the Czechs, Portuguese FA didn't fire him. What exactly did Julen did different than any of these men did? Oh I know, he didn't have to deal with a football association who can't even hire decent refs.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:41 am

I mean, there would have been rumors, but there have been Lopetegui rumors since day 1. As long as no one confirmed it, it would have stayed at that.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:52 am

Doc wrote:I agree, him being fired could have been avoided entirely if the Spanish FA weren't run by an egomaniac of extreme proportions, bald headed lil shit makes Perez seem like a calm and thoughtful individual.

As for the "he signed a contract 2 weeks ago", not only that is not true (JLo signed the extension May 22nd or around there), the fk that has to do with anything? Madrid had a manager during that team and looked dead set to be going with Zidane. Julen signed his extension. Everyone was living their own lives separately.

As for "he had no good reason to say it before the WC", more bullshit. Conte announced he was going to Chelsea whilst being Italy's manager, Italian FA didn't fire him. Van Gaal signed for Utd whilst being the Netherlands manager, the Dutch FA didn't fire him. Scolari announced he was going to Chelsea right after their match vs the Czechs, Portuguese FA didn't fire him. What exactly did Julen did different than any of these men did? Oh I know, he didn't have to deal with a football association who can't even hire decent refs.

Perhaps those managers let their corresponding football associations know what was going on as it was happening

But I agree, there's an extreme double standard when a manager can be fired after a poor tournament but cannot proactively make choices for the future of his career

Anyways, he could have refused to confirm it. How hard would that have been? Like, "I'm sorry, I'm focused on the World Cup, it's the biggest competition in the world and the most important thing right now."

I don't find the Spanish FA completely unjust but they made a bad situation, a worse one, which is the sign of incompetent leadership

In my view, Real Madrid is the least blameless. Then Lopetegui/Spanish FA are equally dumb, pissing contest.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:05 pm

I'm pretty sure there's more to this, Lopetegui seems to be a dressing room cancer and Porto fans absolutely despise him. His sacking can arguably be justified although the timing of when this happened is what's pissing people off but it doesn't really matter. For teams like Spain, having a manager or no/vanilla manager doesn't make any difference at all.. the latter might actually help them (see: Zidane, di Matteo).
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:12 pm

I guess we will see if this theory has legs that Spain can manage themselves, because before Lopetegui took over, they were not looking great.

And I love Hierro, he is one of my favorite players of all time, but he was crap with Oviedo, and he has no business managing Spain.

It's interesting how people are trying to create these alternate narratives, when this is a plain read- RM overstepped their bounds, and the Spanish FA namely Rubiales overreacted and nuked their chances over pride.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:38 pm

There are rumours now that the Spanish FA was aware that Lopetegui was negoatiating with Madrid and that Real Madrid will release information that proves it...

Don't f*ck with Florentino Perez, ya diggggg
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Where are these rumours? Just watched Perez and Lopetegui give their press conference and their story in terms of timing is the same as we know.

Lopetegui said that he told him when "there was something worth telling" and they booked the press conference for the following day as Rubiales told him to wait for him to get to Russia. Then Madrid goes and announces publicly right away, same day, before he lands in Russia.

Thats their side, and Perez had the balls to say just now that he doesn't understand any of the actions taken by the federation. Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:21 pm

Who would understand the actions taken by the FA? They nuked their chances a day before the WC started all because a manager accepted a job that starts after the WC.

Would any Spaniard like to chime in to say they agree with the actions taken by the FA?

It's not like he molested children, ffs, the FA are just butthurt their pride was injured.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:28 pm

The only reason I'm watching these press conferences (Perez, Lopetegui, Hierro) is because I live with a Spanish guy and neighbour with a bunch of them so we watch Spanish tv. All 6 of them here (3 Madrid fans) all agree with the sacking. That's only a small sample, opinions will be different. This oblivious attitude of acting like its impossible to understand is what is unreal bias.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:31 pm

rincon wrote:The only reason I'm watching these press conferences (Perez, Lopetegui, Hierro) is because I live with a Spanish guy and neighbour with a bunch of them so we watch Spanish tv. All 6 of them here (3 Madrid fans) all agree with the sacking. That's only a small sample, opinions will be different. This oblivious attitude of acting like its impossible to understand is what is unreal bias.

Bias? sure.

I don't care for Spain at all. Them going to shit is a plus for me personally.

Also makes Real Madrid's preparations for the upcoming season less rushed.

Still doesn't make this decision a sane one at all. I'd be furious if we sacked Åge right now.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not a coincidence that the large majority of people defending it are Madrid fans tbh.

Madrid acted disgracefully and forced Spain's hands, there's no other possible explanation for normal people without bias.

I'm not a Madrid fan and I don't see anything wrong with what they did.

There is a precedent for a team hiring a NT coach just before the start of a tournament. hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:49 pm

rincon wrote:The only reason I'm watching these press conferences (Perez, Lopetegui, Hierro) is because I live with a Spanish guy and neighbour with a bunch of them so we watch Spanish tv. All 6 of them here (3 Madrid fans) all agree with the sacking. That's only a small sample, opinions will be different. This oblivious attitude of acting like its impossible to understand is what is unreal bias.

Well I have not been able to see that anecdotal view replicated in the media (apart from Xavi). The players campaigned to the Spanish FA to reverse the decision. That tells you everything you need to know about the views of the people involved.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:54 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:

Well I have not been able to see that anecdotal view replicated in the media (apart from Xavi). The players campaigned to the Spanish FA to reverse the decision. That tells you everything you need to know about the views of the people involved.

Have you looked? I'm not gonna cite you Sport.es since they a Barca paper, have a look at Marca and AS. They were full of editorials condemning what Loepetegui and Madrid did. I can look back on the sites, but just on the top of my head Marca had one roughly titled "the disloyal must pay".
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Neutral fans are clearly thinking Real did nothing wrong here, as @farfan proves
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:20 pm

While natural born haters like @Hans and brother @Rincon have issues. This proves everything imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Neutral fans are clearly thinking Real did nothing wrong here, as @farfan proves

How is this guy still conning GL by pretending to be a neutral ffs ? Unreal. I'm sure you could write a whole book or something depicting his fake antics

Memoirs of a Neutral

the story

By Farfan Habibi

Now available at your nearest GL archive
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Doc wrote:While natural born haters like @Hans and brother @Rincon have issues. This proves everything imo.

Tbh I don't even like the Spain NT in particular. I've just been surrounded by this discussion at home and work all day by flatmate/friends so I get too involved Sad It mostly passed by now.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Hans quit your anti madridismo or I will turn this into a dick swinging contest and we all know how bad it's been for Bayern vs Real Madrid lately (more like 5 years)

Farfan is a true neutral
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:58 pm

That's like asking me to stop my anti jjuve ways. Like Apocalypse, some things are eternal.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next