Luca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Hapless_Hans
55 posters

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch - Page 13 Empty Re: Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun 21 Oct - 19:28:22

What a shit show Florentino is running at Madrid; giving his managers a shit squad and sacking them for not delivering.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Zidane quit was because he had enough of his cheapness and reluctance to strengthen the squad after Ronaldo.

I really feel bad for Lopetegui; he has been treated unfairly. That cheap delusional president got him fired from the NT where he was doing so well, gave him a shit attack and then sacked him before christmas. My god what a shameless person he is.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 21 Oct - 19:36:00

so our squad is not good enough to beat the likes of levante, CSKA, and the scrubs we lost against? ok
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun 21 Oct - 19:40:29

Yes,absolutely. Our attack is beyond pathetic, and no manager with a shred of self-respect would accept to work with it.

I said that Benzema wouldn't start for any other CL contender, and I truly meant it. Yet here, here's our main number nine, but somehow you expect Lopetegui to start scoring for fun with him? Give me a break please.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 21 Oct - 19:43:46

we are not doing enough creating chances when we attack, our personel is just fine to survive the games that we lost so far.

This team was not winning the champions league, but to lose the way we did against the teams we did, that's not acceptable.

and i am not buying your "we are not good enough" line, it's ridiculous.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 21 Oct - 19:51:37

Mr Nick09 wrote:we are not doing enough creating chances when we attack, our personel is just fine to survive the games that we lost so far.

This team was not winning the champions league, but to lose the way we did against the teams we did, that's not acceptable.

and i am not buying your "we are not good enough" line, it's ridiculous.

Even Messi and CR7 would be deemed "not good enough" if they lacked motivation, to be fair. Age is relevant, as well, and the injuries only made matters worse.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun 21 Oct - 19:55:11

Sometimes, I really get the feeling you guys don't realize just how atrocious our attack is.

Nick, this is Benzema. Do you honestly believe this numpty would last two seconds under Pep? Or any other self-respected manager?

How can you blame Lopetegui for not beating those scrub teams when he has no reliable goalscorer to shoulder against?

I swear if he had Ronaldo, I would be feasting on his remains right now for the dreadful results he has been getting. But look at the attack he has for god's sake. He has no one.

Only Bale up front is decent enough to be acknowledged, the rest are not good enough. Where do you expect the goals to come from? Seriously?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 21 Oct - 20:00:28

It's you having a fixation on Benzema, and acting as if he is the only attacker we have.

Whatever you think of him, he is sill a quality player. And he is playing upfront with Isco, Asensio, Bale, Modric, Marcelo, etc... if that's not good enough to beat Levante, and the likes, maybe we dont understand football the same way.

@Thimmy, i dont buy the unmotivated part. Bale is motivated, Isco, Asensio, etc... these guys were not unmotivated when they were skewering through Roma in champions league and winning the first games of the season.

The coaching has not been up to part.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun 21 Oct - 20:04:32

Mr Nick09 wrote:It's you having a fixation on Benzema, and acting as if he is the only attacker we have.

Whatever you think of him, he is sill a quality player. And he is playing upfront with Isco, Asensio, Bale, Modric, Marcelo, etc... if that's not good enough to beat Levante, and the likes, maybe we dont understand football the same way.

@Thimmy, i dont buy the unmotivated part. Bale is motivated, Isco, Asensio, etc... these guys were not unmotivated when they were skewering through Roma in champions league and winning the first games of the season.

You're right, we don't.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 21 Oct - 20:23:32

What's Madrid's xG been like compared to this time last year? They also had trouble finishing chances off in the first half of last season as well. However, at least back then they had a player who could score 50 goals a season, while now they don't.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun 21 Oct - 20:41:54

Casciavit wrote:What's Madrid's xG been like compared to this time last year? They also had trouble finishing chances off in the first half of last season as well. However, at least back then they had a player who could score 50 goals a season, while now they don't.

yep. Basically, when you come in as coach of Madrid, be prepared for a world of hypocrisy. We won't buy you anyone.

We'll sell your key players without replacing them. We'll do all of that while keeping our expectations higher than the sun. You'll be getting a B- squad and you'll be asked to deliver AAA results.

And if you fail to meet those expectations (which you will), we'll fire you and put all the blame on you.

Welcome to Madrid.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 21 Oct - 20:50:44

Mr Nick09 wrote:It's you having a fixation on Benzema, and acting as if he is the only attacker we have.

I think the entire team has looked unmotivated on many occasions. How do you explain our lack of pressing? fatigue? Lack of stamina? Bale simply doesn't deliver the goods whenever he returns from an injury. He's been that way for as long as I can remember. Asensio looks out of place on the wings, in my opinion. Shame we don't have decent wing options.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 21 Oct - 20:57:31

Well, it's also part o a coach's job to keep the tension high in his team, to make sure every week we come out swinging. In every game we are going down early and running behind the score.

While i think some players have underperformed, there may be an issue with the coach as well because this has lasted for two long. The first couple of games i saw the high pressing, high tempo game we were hoping for. Now we look like the team we were under Zidane last season.

This is part of why i see Madrid going the direction of a Conte, to have the same effect Mourinho did few years ago.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun 21 Oct - 20:59:08

Casciavit wrote:What's Madrid's xG been like compared to this time last year? They also had trouble finishing chances off in the first half of last season as well. However, at least back then they had a player who could score 50 goals a season, while now they don't.

Not sure what it was this time last season, but so far their xG is 17.1 vs actual goals 13 in La Liga.

https://understat.com/team/Real_Madrid/2018

A decent chunk of that comes from the recent Levante game, which was 2.98 vs 1.78. So that's about two goals Madrid should have/could have scored.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 21 Oct - 21:08:27

Mr Nick09 wrote:Well, it's also part o a coach's job to keep the tension high in his team, to make sure every week we come out swinging. In every game we are going down early and running behind the score.

While i think some players have underperformed, there may be an issue with the coach as well because this has lasted for two long. The first couple of games i saw the high pressing, high tempo game we were hoping for. Now we look like the team we were under Zidane last season.

This is part of why i see Madrid going the direction of a Conte, to have the same effect Mourinho did few years ago.

It would be great if Conte can come in and fix things, but I just don't see that as a realistic solution. We need new players, and ideally more depth as well. I'm interested to see what people will be blaming, once we get a new coach and nothing changes, though. Probably the bring Zizou back argument again.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun 21 Oct - 21:35:46

Even Zidane can't fix this mess. There's a reason he left.

Ronaldo was one of the main men and reasons Zidane had so much success at Madrid. Without him, he wouldn't even have gotten past the last 16 of the CL.

If he comes now, he'll bring class and calmness with him, but unless he plays himself, I'm afraid there's only so much he can do.

The problem lies in the players we have right now. There's a major overhaul that needs to be done. And until we do that, we could hire and fire ten thousand managers and the problem would still be there.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 21 Oct - 21:40:12

I believe in coaching first and foremost. I think a great coach always make the difference, and mind you, we are talking about winning games vs levante and beating teams like CSKA.

the losses we have had are just not acceptable.

I am not expecting this team to go on to win the Champions league, of course not, but right now we are playing way too far from our normal level. So you fix this with coaching. Either Lopetegui turns it around, or someone will come in and will do just that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 21 Oct - 21:59:08

Mr Nick09 wrote:I believe in coaching first and foremost. I think a great coach always make the difference, and mind you, we are talking about winning games vs levante and beating teams like CSKA.

If there's a miracle coach out there, I want him to lead my local team. The strongest team in Norway, Rosenborg, have ensured that they've stayed the top team by purchasing the best, available foreign and local talent. They've had several poor coaches, but they've still managed to dominate the league. We're an elite club, and we've made sure that we've stayed an elite club by spending money on established players. At least, up until a few years ago, we did. Lately, we've taken the AC Milan approach to transfers. We have this odd mix of young prospects, once great players that are showing signs of decline in stamina and motivation, and the usual suspects that can't seem to stay injury free, or provide the consistency that one would think an elite club expected in their players. Who's supposed to be our top player, right now? 33 Year old Modric? Left wing Asensio? If Conte or whoever else is available can fix this, then they deserve to be worshipped more than Maradona ever did. Maybe they can make Benzema stay out of trouble, as well?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun 21 Oct - 22:05:57

Our problem is not quality of the players. it is their bad form plus the tactics.

You want some examples of how a team can get wreckd on the counter go watch our last 5 games.

and don't talk about Ronaldo please. where was he last season when we lost the league 20 weeks before the end?

He is no Messi. right now instead of him helping Juve it's Juventus that is carrying him and they can win every game in Italy with or without him.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 21 Oct - 22:07:25

Mamad wrote:Our problem is not quality of the players. it is their bad form plus the tactics.

You want some examples of how a team can get wreckd on the counter go watch our last 5 games.

and don't talk about Ronaldo please. where was he last season when we lost the league 20 weeks before the end?

He is no Messi. right now instead of him helping Juve it's Juventus that is carrying him and they can win every game in Italy with or without him.

They lost their last game. Ronaldo scored their only goal, and it's not as if he was the only forward that had any scoring chances.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun 21 Oct - 22:09:43

Mamad wrote:Our problem is not quality of the players. it is their bad form plus the tactics.

he actually saved them a point yesterday, and he got them the win in their other game. he singlehandedly (along with cancelo who's one hell of a player) destroyed napoli. we are missing him badly and your benzema dickriding is not helping you see the truth
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun 21 Oct - 22:14:07

He didn't save shit. scores some tap ins and celebrates like he won the world cup. embarrassing stuff. they played two games this season without him and scored like 7 goals if i'm not mistaken.

I'm not a fan of Benzema. the only player i was a FAN of was Iker and he is gone now. i defend Benzema because this amount of criticism is unfair.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun 21 Oct - 22:45:45

This isnt my fight but just here to say Ronaldo did score the only goal in a game where we always struggle (Genoa) and drew. He has been out best forward in this start of the season. Matches need to be played and for the most part are all tough. Juve don't win in auto pilot, CR has had a great impact.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 21 Oct - 23:18:45

So I read that he's still Real manager as the players stood behind him..? For now?

I also read that not Conte, but another in-house solution, either Guti or the 2nd team coach Solari, is preferred?

I also read that Mourinho is candidate no. 1?

I'm tending to believe the third option. I think Lopetegui will remai in place right until Man United fire Mourinho.
So, another few weeks at least.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon 22 Oct - 14:10:23

I know my posts against Lope can be considered "semi-trolling" or very disgruntled but really it's about those who still defend him despite the results that triggers me. (and I'm sure I trigger them too)

I'm sad he risked his whole career to join us but he is TRASH. There is nothing that justifies having him as a manager.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon 22 Oct - 14:11:47

Hapless_Hans wrote:So I read that he's still Real manager as the players stood behind him..? For now?

I also read that not Conte, but another in-house solution, either Guti or the 2nd team coach Solari, is preferred?

I also read that Mourinho is candidate no. 1?

I'm tending to believe the third option. I think Lopetegui will remai in place right until Man United fire Mourinho.
So, another few weeks at least.

Stop trolling Hans. None knows but Conte is the "available" one. Mou isn't so I doubt he is a candidate and he is also very hated in Spain in general.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 22 Oct - 14:42:49

Sacking someone this early into a season would make you a laughing stock though. Can't toy with a man's career like this. Stand by him until at least January IMO. Justice for Numptegui.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next