Messi is as much of a failure as Argentina if not more

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Messi is as much of a failure as Argentina if not more

Post by Lucifer on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:56 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:How do you know that? Laughing Iceland looked like they could score every time they went forward, they just didn't attempt to very often.

Argentina looked literally incapable of defending any long ball what so ever.

So you mean to say Argentinas real golden chance would have been nullified by Iceland's hypothetical one.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:56 pm

@zigra wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nope, even if he scored the penalty you don't know how the game would have gone.

It's a 90 minute football match, one moment doesn't change everything.

They lost the game because they (including Messi) weren't good enough over 90 mins and had more enough of the ball to change that but couldn't.

A missed penalty is just the footnote on the performance overall.

That's true to be fair. They also lost the game when Messi shot that freekick into the wall and they also lost the game when Messi skied that freekick and they lost the match when Messi ruined a promising counter attack when he ran into a single defender who was barely moving.
It's not just the pen.

Of course, i never said he was great. Just that his team mates shifted all the responsibility on to him.

Messi is 20 yards away and marked by another player where as another player is next to me and open? Nah pass to Messi anyway Laughing

Lack of balls on display was disgusting. They could learn a lot from good lad Pavon, at least he tried to do something.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:09 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@zigra wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nope, even if he scored the penalty you don't know how the game would have gone.

They lost the game because they (including Messi) weren't good enough over 90 mins and had more enough of the ball to change that but couldn't.

That's true to be fair. They also lost the game when Messi shot that freekick into the wall and they also lost the game when Messi skied that freekick and they lost the match when Messi ruined a promising counter attack when he ran into a single defender who was barely moving.
It's not just the pen.

Of course, i never said he was great. Just that his team mates shifted all the responsibility on to him.

Messi is 20 yards away and marked by another player where as another player is next to me and open? Nah pass to Messi anyway Laughing

Lack of balls on display was disgusting. They could learn a lot from good lad Pavon, at least he tried to do something.

Oh I actually agree with that. His team mates are horrible. It's hard to understand tbh. I could understand a 20 year old talent playing like that but some of these guys are proper superstars and still all they do is pass to Messi.
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:13 pm

That's the funny thing Laughing The player who showed the most individualism was Pavon and he was born in 1996 ffs.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Like I said, everyone not barca/argentina fan will admit the issue. Other than BC who knows exactly what is wrong. There is clearly a problem and it has been a problem over the last 10 years.

Blaming the FA, players, coaches, managers, media can only take you so far.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Even in avengers infinity war it boiled down to one moment when thor didn't aim for the head.

Messi failed to convert the penalty. his team lost.  

Moments define everything.

when u r born it only takes a moment.

when you die it takes a moment.
boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:54 pm

@boyzis wrote:

Even in avengers infinity war it boiled down to one moment when thor didn't aim for the head.

what a post

someone frame this ffs
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:56 pm

closet barca fan defending Messi when Harmonica is not around, shocking :coffee:

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:06 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No one was sensational lol.

Messi tried but no one else on the team tried to take the initiative, every single time they got the ball they gave it to Messi regardless of the situation.

None of them played with any balls, i get Messi is your best player but try to show some balls please.

At least Banega and Pavon tried to create, but the rest where in full pass to Messi and hope he does something auto-pilot mode.

That's the reason i'm not going to be too critical of him, his team mates just stood around and hoped he could win the game for them and he couldn't.

How can you show balls when they the rest of the team is neutered to ensure Messi is the be all and end all? All this has been deliberate from start to finish and now you want some individualism? Argentina cannot have it both ways. In any case, Lionel is not the problem, making everything about him is.

Totally agreed with RG, they are trained to do this and this is the rewards of such training.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:26 pm

@Doc wrote:

Messi tried but no one else on the team tried to take the initiative, every single time they got the ball they gave it to Messi regardless of the situation.

None of them played with any balls, i get Messi is your best player but try to show some balls please.

At least Banega and Pavon tried to create, but the rest where in full pass to Messi and hope he does something auto-pilot mode.

That's the reason i'm not going to be too critical of him, his team mates just stood around and hoped he could win the game for them and he couldn't.

How can you show balls when they the rest of the team is neutered to ensure Messi is the be all and end all? All this has been deliberate from start to finish and now you want some individualism? Argentina cannot have it both ways. In any case, Lionel is not the problem, making everything about him is.

Totally agreed with RG, they are trained to do this and this is the rewards of such training.

To be fair the players are at fault for accepting this.
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:59 pm

@Doc wrote:

Because that's complete conspiracy bullshit imo.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:09 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Like I said, everyone not barca/argentina fan will admit the issue. Other than BC who knows exactly what is wrong. There is clearly a problem and it has been a problem over the last 10 years.

Except they weren't even qualifying before Messi came back from his retirement lol.

They are clearly crap with him or without him, let's not act like he's restricting them from greatness.

All of this is complete conspiracy BS that I'd expect from a Kojima fan tbh :coffee:

I don't know why they except Aguero, Pavon and Banega acted like star struck idiots but I'm not having these conspiracy theories tbh.

Also they've been to 3 finals, if this has always been a problem they've done a pretty damn good job to mask it tbh.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:43 pm

This is the Lionel Messi APPRECIATION AND FAN CLUB THREAD

haters gtfo and spout your Cristiano Ronaaldo nonsense elsewhere

back when I was new to Goallegacy I would get docked warning level for such stuff.

RedOranje and RWO did not die so that trolls could run rampard on Goallegacy IMO

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:54 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:This is the Lionel Messi APPRECIATION AND FAN CLUB THREAD

back when I was new to Goallegacy I would get docked warning level for such stuff.

RedOranje and RWO did not die so that trolls could run rampard on Goallegacy IMO

Reported
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:00 pm

He had a bad game today but obviously it's a typical overreaction. The fact that some are trying to imply Argentina is better off without Messi is idiotic. The only reason they ever made it to 3 finals and qualified to this WC was because of him.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:01 pm

@zigra wrote:He needs to do better if he wants to compete with CR. It's as simple as that. He reminds of many footballers who look great in training and unimportant matches but fall apart once it matters.

Youtube footballer.

I won't deny he flopped today but let's not forget the long time period (2008-12ish) when CR was a renowned big game flop and Messi was consistently clutch. CR outperforming Messi in big games the last few years (although mind you he was awful in the CL final, the biggest game of this season) doesn't erase that, it just narrows the gap.

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Messi is as much of a failure as Argentina if not more

Post by RealGunner on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:43 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:This is the Lionel Messi APPRECIATION AND FAN CLUB THREAD

you are right. Going to split this into the thread i wanted to make
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:51 pm

@boyzis wrote:

quoting this so more people can read it.

also giving farfan the credit for this thread.
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:02 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@boyzis wrote:

quoting this so more people can read it.

also giving farfan the credit for this thread.

ONe of the best posts i've read on GL

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:03 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Like I said, everyone not barca/argentina fan will admit the issue. Other than BC who knows exactly what is wrong. There is clearly a problem and it has been a problem over the last 10 years.

Except they weren't even qualifying before Messi came back from his retirement lol.

They are clearly crap with him or without him, let's not act like he's restricting them from greatness.

All of this is complete conspiracy BS that I'd expect from a Kojima fan tbh :coffee:

I don't know why they except Aguero, Pavon and Banega acted like star struck idiots but I'm not having these conspiracy theories tbh.

Also they've been to 3 finals, if this has always been a problem they've done a pretty damn good job to mask it tbh.

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:09 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Aguero actually scored a goal while Messi missed a penalty. Laughing

Unreal bus throwing ffs. no one is safe from it.
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:26 pm

that's why aguero has the shovel, presumably

also should be worth noting that was aguero's first WC goal ever and he is in his 30s

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:41 pm

@Casciavit wrote:The only reason they ever made it to 3 finals and qualified to this WC was because of him.

Exactly. Also it's unfair that he has to play with a Biglia-Mascherano midfield at NT level and Paulinho-Rakitic at club level. He did have a bad game though, but everyone does, like Kommander in the CL final.

Not suprised that the creator of this thread is the infamous, spiteful and repulsive closet Madrid fan.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:08 am

Sometimes playing against big teams are easier, because you got plenty of space in their defense. Small teams are pain in the ass. All of them will park the bus against Argentina and surround Messi with 4 players. This is the downside of being highly rated top team

Aside from all the things, i think CR's hat-trick before Argentina match affected Messi. Studies show that sleeping angry affects your energy level, performance and mood. If Argentina played before Portugal, we would see different Messi. Basically that hat-trick ruined Messi and i dont think Messi will be back in top form in this tournament again. Very unlucky schedule for messi and argentina.
Next match again portugal plays 1 day before argentina and if CR shines (scores hat trick) it puts big pressure on Messi and there is no time to recover
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:11 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Higuain rofl
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:12 pm

@Kebab wrote:

Aside from all the things, i think CR's hat-trick before Argentina match affected Messi. Studies show that sleeping angry affects your energy level, performance and mood. If Argentina played before Portugal, we would see different Messi. Basically that hat-trick ruined Messi and i dont think Messi will be back in top form in this tournament again. Very unlucky schedule for messi and argentina.
Next match again portugal plays 1 day before argentina and if CR shines (scores hat trick) it puts big pressure on Messi and there is no time to recover

Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next