Wow, Nainggolan to Inter. Didn't think we could do it.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Wow, Nainggolan to Inter. Didn't think we could do it.

Post by rincon on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:53 am

@McLewis wrote:Yup, we're pushing him out unfortunately. This is very much Monchi's doing. I'm not turning on him though. It's been clear from the start that he had very little say in this. Still one of my favorite players in the game. Wish him nothing, but the best at Inter.

As for the price. It's a no brainer for Monchi, I suppose. We sell a top player for an experienced veteran and a highly-rated youngster, plus a decent amount of cash to put back into the market to enhance the squad even more.

Sucks that he's leaving, and it sucks that it's Inter, but this is a good deal for both clubs. Just a shame the only one that isn't really happy with it is the player.

I understand trying to keep the positive attitude ML but this is Davide Santon we are talking about.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:13 am

Ehh, we have a knack for taking other team's garbage/washed up players (especially defenders) and giving them chances to be better. We did it with Fazio, did it (kinda?) with Juan Jesus, did it with Kolarov, did it with Dzeko. So we have a track record of sorts doing this.

Santon's still 27, far younger than any of those guys when we signed them. He was once considered the next Maldini and while that's an nigh impossible mantle to justify, I'm confident EDF can make good use of him if the player himself buys in fully to our project. And if he doesn't? Well hopefully Karsdorp and the other Pellegrini come good and make him irrelevant. This is a risky move given our shakiness at FB, but lower risk than paying 16m for a Dutch right-back who promptly tore his ACL and didn't play a full game last season.

So it's not just putting a positive spin on it. It's looking pragmatically at what we need for the upcoming season, given what we've done in the past when signing players like this.

Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:35 am

Starting to wonder what Monchi's doing hmm supposedly he is an amazing GM

EDIT: just seen Pastore and Ziyech are underway. Those are great transfers.
Warrior
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2