AC Milan > FFP

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AC Milan > FFP

Post by Mr Nick09 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:09 pm

rofl

this is the official link in italian

http://it.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2563676.html

The Adjudicatory Chamber of the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), chaired by José Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues, has taken a decision in the case of the club AC Milan that had been referred to it by the CFCB Chief Investigator for the breach of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, in particular the break-even requirement.

The club is excluded from participating in the next UEFA club competition for which it would otherwise qualify in the next two (2) seasons (i.e. one competition in 2018/19 or 2019/20, subject to qualification).

This decision may be appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, in accordance with Article 34(2) of the Procedural rules governing the UEFA Club Financial Control Body, as well as Articles 62 and 63 of the UEFA Statutes.

The full reasoned decision will be published on UEFA.com in due course.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Re: AC Milan > FFP

Post by Luca on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:35 pm

I'll just copy pasta my post from the other thread:

Milan gambled heavily last season, expecting to make the top 4 and offset their net spend with guaranteed Champions League revenue. Making the top 4 would have also attracted new investors at a higher valuation.

Instead, they signed scrubs, changed managers halfway through the season and actually took quite a strong second half of the season just to make the Europa League.

Fining them for overspending is a bit like suspending a kid for skipping class but that's show business, baby.

Milan will be ok, they'll be sold again and not to frauds and begin their climb again. UEFA wants to see competent ownership, with stronger financial backing and a business plan essentially.
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:38 pm

I think their strategy while risky, could have been executed better. As you said, they just signed too many scrubs. 300 mil spent on terrible players.

I dont understand why they did not call Mendes and asked him to fill their team.

Now it's the great exodus. Which player is nice at Milan right now?

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Laughing

Throwing 200 millions out by the window, was not even their money. Well deserved.
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:43 pm

They've been banned since 2010 tbf.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:46 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:I think their strategy while risky, could have been executed better. As you said, they just signed too many scrubs. 300 mil spent on terrible players.

I dont understand why they did not call Mendes and asked him to fill their team.

They have several solid players but no one that enticing:

-Romagnoli, surely the most promising, just extended
-Conti, missed the whole season due to a torn ACL, should have been their starting right back
-Bonucci, getting old and overpaid
-Ricardo Rodriguez, a solid signing for many teams
-Calhanaglu, brainless player, linked away
-Suso, will surely leave now, one of their best attackers
-Andre Silva, fraudulent
-Kalinic, priceless
-Cutrone, their best striker, not saying a lot
-Biglia, old
-Kessie, solid at best player, was working on an extension as of the last I read of him
-Donnarumma, still has market value and Raiola, lessened after his big wages and shit season

How I see it anyways, I could see a handful of players leaving and doing well at other clubs though
Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:48 pm

@Luca wrote:
@Mr Nick09 wrote:I think their strategy while risky, could have been executed better. As you said, they just signed too many scrubs. 300 mil spent on terrible players.

They have several solid players but no one that enticing:

-Romagnoli, surely the most promising, just extended
-Conti, missed the whole season due to a torn ACL, should have been their starting right back
-Bonucci, getting old and overpaid
-Ricardo Rodriguez, a solid signing for many teams
-Calhanaglu, brainless player, linked away
-Suso, will surely leave now, one of their best attackers
-Andre Silva, fraudulent
-Kalinic, priceless
-Cutrone, their best striker, not saying a lot
-Biglia, old
-Kessie, solid at best player, was working on an extension as of the last I read of him
-Donnarumma, still has market value and Raiola, lessened after his big wages and shit season

How I see it anyways, I could see a handful of players leaving and doing well at other clubs though
what a truly shit roster rofl

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:48 pm

How they spent their money could easily be viewed as money laundering

Thankfully we rescued De Sciglio from that mess, good lad
Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Took MDS off that mess while it was still time. Gave them our cuck-traitor Bonucci in exchange and it turned out he owes Chiellini his career.

Mirabelli is the stupidest ever, a 10 year old kid would have done better as frauds Andre Silva, Calganoglu and Kalinic would have gone under his radar.
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:43 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I should prolly just delete my account

somehow, they still find a way to let us fans down, they still have sunk lower

Only niggling issue i have is that im expecting a similar reaction to any and all clubs who do the same (looking at you P$G)

There is one only hope, that we do have a change in ownership in the interim period before we can appeal. The rumour is that UEFA has little issue with milan as a brand but moreso with Li and his shady dealings.

For me though, its not at all as if we are the only team with questionable expenses, and shady owners, yet we are being punished while teams are allowed to spend the equivalent of our "gigantic window" on one player

either way, great year for me with Italy and Milan just killing it
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:59 pm

You'll appeal. New investors are looming and maybe a sale or two will help show a willingness to comply.

UEFA was clearly not a fan of loan sharking your club out, for obvious reasons. Owners were the real frauds, in addition to the players who are actual frauds
Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:02 pm

@giovanni_milan wrote::facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I should prolly just delete my account

somehow, they still find a way to let us fans down, they still have sunk lower

Only niggling issue i have is that im expecting a similar reaction to any and all clubs who do the same (looking at you P$G)

There is one only hope, that we do have a change in ownership in the interim period before we can appeal. The rumour is that UEFA has little issue with milan as a brand but moreso with Li and his shady dealings.

For me though, its not at all as if we are the only team with questionable expenses, and shady owners, yet we are being punished while teams are allowed to spend the equivalent of our "gigantic window" on one player

either way, great year for me with Italy and Milan just killing it
i think UEFA doesnt like Financial doping (or at least big european clubs dont like it) but your owners are fraud.

If you had been purchased by Qatar, you would be just fine. But no, that's not the case, and on top of that you team is terrible on the pitch, the brand value is going down, commercial deals must be very poor, you have no markee players, can't qualify for CL etc...

The contrast compared to PSG is obvious. It's better to look inwards in this type of situation, as opposed to compare to other clubs imo

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:22 pm

Fair- the loan sharking thing was always going to *bleep* us.

Like ive been saying on other forums, if we werent owned by Li, and instead a wealthy Arab, we would be all roses

I would just like clarification, if anything, as to how our conduct differs greatly from that of PSG or City for that matter. The buyers of PSG never had a fear of punishment in how they built their team, yet when we, an established brand and a historic moneymaker for UEFA, break the same rule its like we are the ones ruining football.

So very disappointed, we are so far off where we need to be and every bit of news just gets worse.

Like oh, maybe we can get rid of Kalinic after a world cup performance- gets sent home

Oh, maybe we will get new owners, nope they backed out

Oh, maybe UEFA will tread lightly, nope again

Cant wait till the firesale, Suso is already gone, Bonucci-Rodriguez-Bonaventura-Donnarumma will also be on the market

And elliot will be taking over in 10 days
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:35 pm

What you are insisting on right now is just plain wrong.

If i take PSG as an example, yes there was cash injection from Qatar when they bought the club, but PSG was extremely smart recruiting players. With quality recruitment, came success on the pitch. Successive CL qualification, league title etc...

PSG have had an excellent stream of revenues since Qatar came in, CL appearance for example is in the 50-70 mil range i think. And they built their brand with all that success and their markee players, namely Ibra. And then think about the kind of exposure, being the main club in Paris can bring internationally, it was massive.

PSG are doing a great job internationally selling their image, and rights; :Ligue 1 TV contract keeps getting bigger thanks to them. They are signing bigger and better commercial deals with companies like Nike, Fly Emirates, etc....

So yes, there was financial doping at first, but PSG and Qatar have done a lot of things right over the last 7 years to be in a situation where they can drop 200 mil on a single player. and even then they got a slight penalty from UEFA.

I would argue Milan have done none of that and just tried to cut in front of the line without doing the work to build the club up again.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:41 pm

PSG is basically owned by Qatar. They have money, UEFA tries to limit how they spend it but there isn't a risk of the club going under. They also instantly made the Champions League and have better grounds to increase their revenue year over year.

Milan, takes out a high interest loan and gambles on making the Champions League to retroactively break even. This is not a precedent UEFA would want to see repeated, I believe.

I also think this will be appealed so lets wait on that result. It does seem harsh, both the fine and the two year ban is harsh on a club like Milan but it does demonstrate how everyone views the situation.
Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by GRude on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:08 am

I knew there would someone in here with the 'Bu bu what about PSG FFP is a joke' routine :facepalm: FFP is about stopping clubs from doing a Leeds and spending beyond their means, not curtailing Arab money.
GRude
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:22 am

And let's be real... There's no way in the world that UEFA is going to keep the players that are on PSG from playing in CL. They likely looked at the ratings of PSG games and realized they're a must in terms of revenue. Since there's no going concern risk with the club, non-Qatar related revenue is significant and rising and the threat of a legal fight... there was no reason to bring down the hammer on PSG.

Remember.... FFP was designed to avoid clubs from going bankrupt. There's no bankruptcy risk associated with PSG.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:20 am

Feel bad for Milanisti honestly. We were in this boat with the Sensi family and Unicredit. Those were dark times. We almost got bought by Chinese investors I remember before the Di Benedetto/Palotta consortium came into play.

Shame, I think Commisso might've been to Milan what those 2 guys were to us.

EDIT: Hell, now that I think about it. We could be in this boat again if the stadium doesn't happen. Pallotta has already said more than once that he'll likely sell the club if it doesn't happen.

Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:41 am

Calma , it is not 2 years, but 1 . Milan fans can confirm it.
Bad news for them though but it could be worse
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:30 am

TIL FFP is legit when the team is not PSG
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:22 am

@guest7 wrote:TIL FFP is legit when the team is not PSG

You must have missed the news then. PSG have to sell a lot of players this summer if they don't want to get banned.
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:30 pm

I'm sure ES and M99 are down in the dumps now they won't get to watch their team playing on farms in Slovakia on a Thursday. Still, FFP is a load of horseshit.
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:10 pm

Fantastic decision, didn’t want the EL anyway. Plus, it throws shade at the current management so its 2 stones with one bird.

The only issue is if some of the good players (Not Kessie or Suso) start leaving

Gattuso is going to be sacked by December, 1 month avatar bet and quote me

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:29 pm

We never would have got CL place last year with EL , sure 100 % , so not playing EL is not a problem. More a matter of black eye. Even if it is 2nd time in last 20 year, happened also after that OM - Milan
I feel Gattuso would have been sacked if he had to manage also EL, now it is easier for him
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:38 pm

Just one year and the fine will be reduced on appeal I bet, not really that bad for Milan

But things need to change for it to matter
Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next