titosantill
nasir6371
CBarca
Cruijf
FennecFox7
33 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

WC 2018 | Uruguay v France | Quarter Finals Empty WC 2018 | Uruguay v France | Quarter Finals

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:00 pm

Discuss
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Uruguay v France | Quarter Finals Empty Re: WC 2018 | Uruguay v France | Quarter Finals

Post by Cruijf Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:03 pm

Can see Uruguay pulling an upset, they're the type of team France struggle against.

Having said that for the sake of entertaining semis I hope France wins
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Uruguay v France | Quarter Finals Empty Re: WC 2018 | Uruguay v France | Quarter Finals

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 pm

Prediction of Uruguay-Portugal 0-0 game that goes to penalty: ENDED

Prediction of Uruguay-France being a 0-0 game that goes to penalties: BEGUN
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 pm

Good match up... All depends on Cavani recovering by Friday.

Uruguay got this (assuming Cavani starts) :coffee:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:08 pm

This should be a good game. Enjoyed how Uruguay played today. A lot of effort on the defensive end and smooth finish from Cavani for the second. World cup remains the pinnacle of football
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:10 pm

This is going to be a big test of France's ability to open teams up. Uruguay will be happy to concede possession, and so far France have looked a worse team when they dominate the ball.

That said, I think France have the talent to create moments out of nothing, and if push comes to shove, they can always aim a few crosses to Giroud.

Think France edges it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:21 pm

Hopefully Cavani makes it. Uruguay has a great 11, but a noticeable drop off on their bench in terms of substitutions and rotational options

Their 'spine' is quite solid

Cavani-Suarez
Torreira-Bentancur
Godin-Gimenez

uff

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:22 pm

Hopefully Uruguay win just so we can annoy Sports tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Hopefully Uruguay win just so we can annoy Sports tbh.

I bet he would come up with high class Alex Jones level BS excuse like always lol. For example how on previous night of match France team were denied baguette by the hotel staff leading to dent in their confidence.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Luca wrote:Hopefully Cavani makes it. Uruguay has a great 11, but a noticeable drop off on their bench in terms of substitutions and rotational options

Their 'spine' is quite solid

Cavani-Suarez
Torreira-Bentancur
Godin-Gimenez

uff

Not forget the superHero Matias Vecino who blocked even CR7 today ffs
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:43 pm

#prayforcavani though. Nothing else to add .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

Among all the teams probably no one has as negligible a midfield as Uruguay. They play the Mourinho way of treating the ball like a grenade. They feel better standing in the box and defending than actually touching the ball. When a team plays like that they rely a bit too much on luck.

That said the defense led by the master Godin is perhaps the best at this tournament and the striker duo is top notch. Cavani's injury makes a dent though.

Nothing will test this defense as much as Mbappe's pace. France should have enough to see this out in normal time or at least extra time. If they take it to penalties then we should back Uruguay to go through because France would have let us all down with a squad as strong as that.

2-1 to France

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:52 pm

You rely on luck if you can't defend and your opponents keep creating chances but that hasn't been the case so far..
Uruguay were simply the better team in every game.

Interesting game. I think they can pull it off but they need a perfect day.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:03 am

You really think this Uruguay team will leave that much space to Mbappe like Argentina did today? Laughing The way Argentina defended today was one of the worst I've seen and Uruguay defends like a Simeone team and you can't rely on pace against such defence because Uruguay will be sitting back and letting France have the ball=no counters for France to use that pace.. Yes Mbappe was great but Argentina's abysmal defence made him look much better. If Cavani is fit I think Uruguay goes through.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:37 am

Lucifer wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Hopefully Uruguay win just so we can annoy Sports tbh.

I bet he would come up with high class Alex Jones level BS excuse like always lol. For example how on previous night of match France team were denied baguette by the hotel staff leading to dent in their confidence.

i prefer the baguette excuse than "its a team game" that people seem to have just realized. hope everyone stays fit, really looking forward to this
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:59 am

Yes, that is all I ever wish for tbh. My ranking for people who need to continuously suffer on GL:
Sports
Freeza
Hans
cBarca/Spurs
the JJuve council
Robes
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:32 am

Starting to think the true reason for Bayern's streak of terrible losses vs Real is that I just don't wish enough suffering on @Doc No
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:17 am

Uruguay got a good defence and Cavani showed us vs. Portugal that he can terrorize a team with nice finishes. Portugal had 5 shots on goal and 20 total meanwhile Uruguay had 3 on target and they finished 2 of them. Cavani's second finish was beautiful. He was excellent all game as were Suarez, Godin, Laxalt and Torreira. I fancy Uruguay's chances to be honest.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:48 am

Doc wrote:

Yes, that is all I ever wish for tbh. My ranking for people who need to continuously suffer on GL:
Sports
Freeza
Hans
cBarca/Spurs
the JJuve council
Robes

Top two are fellow Madrid fans? My man, I like your style.

Not too fond of seeing the J council lumped together but we are quite the unit so I’ll allow it.

Robes is an Inter fan, he suffers enough in my opinion

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:20 am

People are counting out France too easily. Yes they play better when they have space (counter-attacking) but france can easily pull a win when they have it together. there's quality all over that french team.

Portugal suck dick, morocco were all over them and even iran, a defensive team were outplaying portugal at times. they have no attacking quality besides ronaldo. France isn't gonna be that easy
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:28 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Starting to think the true reason for Bayern's streak of terrible losses vs Real is that I just don't wish enough suffering on @Doc No

Just become a Madrid fan and all your suffering would end. Embrace the darkness Hans.

@Luca
Robes ain't suffer enough imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:30 pm

We do have to take @robespierre down a few levels after all these summer signings from Inter and them being back in the Champions League, so I'll allow it. We have get ahead of this momentum

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:29 pm

This Uruguay teams with essentially the same core it seems (not as expert on them) have been around forever it feels like, but so far this WC they have looked very good I think, with all the experience and organization they have, and they are all tough as bulls and have stamina as horses Razz Importantly Cavani and Suarez are on form, so think France need to be at their best to beat them.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:53 am

Cavani out injured. We got this.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:Cavani out injured. We got this.

He isn't out according to my sources. He was diagnosed with rupture of a muscle fiber at first but MRT showed he has got a single, small hematoma in his calf. He might be 80-90% come Friday so don't count your chicken before:D
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next