Jay29
zigra
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
BarcaLearning
47 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

WC 2018 QFs - Brazil vs Belgium - Page 8 Empty Re: WC 2018 QFs - Brazil vs Belgium

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Brst game, by far, of this world cup!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 QFs - Brazil vs Belgium - Page 8 Empty Re: WC 2018 QFs - Brazil vs Belgium

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:48 pm

Unique wrote:glad firmino is coming home without much game play. should be fresh after a 2 week holiday cheers

What about his mindset ? A happy tired player is better than a sad one.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:49 pm

I am surprised that the Belgians pulled it off, then again Brazil missed too many chances early and the Flems scored too easily.  Congrats, one more "regular" out of the cup and no, I am not sad, why is it everyone should be so sad when Brazil is knocked out?  This fantasy somehow perpetuated of pretty Samba football is such nonsense.

Oh and dont forget you only have one day to save the Colombian XI.
https://www.change.org/p/fifacom-revisi%C3%B3n-del-partido-de-octavos-de-final-colombia-vs-inglaterra-mundial-rusia-2018?recruiter=887473479&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial

Colombian law student Juan Diego García declared FIFA must look into the game because two incidents went England’s way for, he claims, no reason.

His statement read: “I want to denounce in front of FIFA and with the support of all my Colombian compatriots, the match of the round of 16 between Colombia and England.

“In the course of the eighth-round match played on July 3, 2018, between Colombia and England, for a place in the quarterfinals of the 2018 World Cup Russia, there were two controversial moves that were NOT submitted to review by the Video Assistant Referee '' VAR '' which, had an enormous impact on the development and final result of the game. These punctual plays were:

“1) Penalty in favor of England, for a nonexistent foul and which was evidently judged wrongly by FIFA referee Mark Geiger.

“2) Carlos Bacca's legitimate goal, in a play where the referee wrongly judged that there was illegitimacy when considering that when the goal was produced, there were two balls inside the pitch, which the television cameras proved, was NOT CORRECTLY COURT.

“It is in these two plays, where the criterion of the referee, directs the course of the game in favor of the English team, having no reason in either.

“FIFA is requested to review these two actions, in order to set a precedent for fair play, where good play prevails, legality and guarantees for participating teams.”
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:50 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
Unique wrote:glad firmino is coming home without much game play. should be fresh after a 2 week holiday cheers

he plays for liverpool. he is used to losing big games Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Laughing Can't help but laugh when one of the dirtiest teams i've seen in a long, long time is complaining that they were unfairly dealt with.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:54 pm

elfmeter wrote:I am surprised that the Belgians pulled it off, then again Brazil missed too many chances early and the Flems scored too easily.  Congrats, one more "regular" out of the cup and no, I am not sad, why is it everyone should be so sad when Brazil is knocked out?  This fantasy somehow perpetuated of pretty Samba football is such nonsense.

https://www.change.org/p/fifacom-revisi%C3%B3n-del-partido-de-octavos-de-final-colombia-vs-inglaterra-mundial-rusia-2018?recruiter=887473479&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial

Colombian law student Juan Diego García declared FIFA must look into the game because two incidents went England’s way for, he claims, no reason.

His statement read: “I want to denounce in front of FIFA and with the support of all my Colombian compatriots, the match of the round of 16 between Colombia and England.

“In the course of the eighth-round match played on July 3, 2018, between Colombia and England, for a place in the quarterfinals of the 2018 World Cup Russia, there were two controversial moves that were NOT submitted to review by the Video Assistant Referee '' VAR '' which, had an enormous impact on the development and final result of the game. These punctual plays were:

“1) Penalty in favor of England, for a nonexistent foul and which was evidently judged wrongly by FIFA referee Mark Geiger.

“2) Carlos Bacca's legitimate goal, in a play where the referee wrongly judged that there was illegitimacy when considering that when the goal was produced, there were two balls inside the pitch, which the television cameras proved, was NOT CORRECTLY COURT.

“It is in these two plays, where the criterion of the referee, directs the course of the game in favor of the English team, having no reason in either.

“FIFA is requested to review these two actions, in order to set a precedent for fair play, where good play prevails, legality and guarantees for participating teams.”
thats some funny shit right there Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Laughing Can't help but laugh when one of the dirtiest teams i've seen in a long, long time is complaining that they were unfairly dealt with.
and just to add to it maradona was moaning about what he called columbia getting robbed Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:05 pm

Playing Marcelo was such a huge mistake btw. He could barely move and didn't defend (less than usual even). No idea why Luis wasn't playing instead.

That gifted Belgium their second goal. Great strike but Marcelo was nowhere to be found.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:07 pm

LeBéninois wrote:

A sad Firmino starting is 2000 times better than a confident Ings or Solanke (@Hans) starting
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:Playing Marcelo was such a huge mistake btw. He could barely move and didn't defend (less than usual even). No idea why Luis wasn't playing instead.

That gifted Belgium their second goal. Great strike but Marcelo was nowhere to be found.

His attempt to bloke De Bruyne's shot was incredibly half assed tbh.

Like he didn't expect him to score.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:32 pm

Marcelo was great in the attack though, put in some great crosses!
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:40 pm

Haven't read the thread but I thought the referee did a great job.

Brazil went down every time they were touched and the center ref had NONE of it. Well. Done. Lad.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah agree with Doc tbh, now i'm starting to believe that the argument he's held back at Chelsea are actually legit arguments tbh.

Kind of want to see that Hazard week in week out now tbh.

It's partly Chelsea and partly him.

I agree, would love to see this Eden more often. Clear he's trying a lot more right now though. It's been Eden's problem his whole career, he only tries when he feels like it. Fades in and out even within games.

But a helluva performance today. Monster of a performance.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:43 pm

Damn, this one hurt.

Not really in the mood to talk about the game except to say congrats to Belgium and Fernandinho is the worst Brasilian to ever have played in a World Cup.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:33 am

If Tite continued the policy of exiling everyone who played that 7-1 game then maybe it would have been a different story...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:55 am

elfmeter wrote:I am surprised that the Belgians pulled it off, then again Brazil missed too many chances early and the Flems scored too easily.  Congrats, one more "regular" out of the cup and no, I am not sad, why is it everyone should be so sad when Brazil is knocked out?  This fantasy somehow perpetuated of pretty Samba football is such nonsense.

In the history of football how many instances have you seen a match replayed after the final whistle has been blown and everyone's gone home? This sore loser mentality is hilarious Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:07 am

Hazard put in perhaps his best ever performance considering the circumstances. Absolute monster game. Especially towards the end of the match when the legs were gone from under almost all of the Belgium players and Lukaku wasn't on the pitch anymore to hold up play. Stepped up as a real leader.

Fantastic performance from Lukaku. Might even be the best I've ever seen him play. His battle with Miranda gave me fun memories of prime Drogba. Now you can see that Jose is criminally misusing him at United.

De Bruyne as well was fantastic. So was Fellaini. So was Muenier. So was Kompany. Whole team stepped up. Courtois made an insane amount of saves and he saved the game for them with that last minute denial of Neymar. I was absolutely sure that was going in.

I'm hopeful that Sarri can make Hazard a lot more assertive going forward. Believe it or not, he's a generational talent and it pisses me off that to this point, he hasn't consistently performed at the level his talent actually is. Fingers crossed for the Sarri era.

The France match might be even better than this one. Can't wait.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:12 am

VAR was very soft in this WC (not good tbh I 'm used to it differently in Serie A )

for example , how you can't change this ?

WC 2018 QFs - Brazil vs Belgium - Page 8 Dhcs0p1VMAADmU8
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:41 am

For me a couple of take aways from this game!

Neymar the diver is not Madrid material. We’re best to go for either Kane or Mbappe.

Courtois is the GK to replace Navas

Martinez is the perfect solution to our ailing seleccion.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:56 am

@Robespierre. Ball was out of bounds before the foul. That was the call. Definite foul if the ball hadn't crossed the line before.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Congrats to Belgium, I didn't pay that much attention to the game but from what I saw we missed so many chances, thought we deserved at least a 2-2.

I'm not really that sad though, think we improved a lot since 2014

I will be supporting both engerland and belgium from now on
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:59 pm

nasir6371 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You know what was really classic Coutinho?

Every single time ( other than the assist Laughing ) he was trying to create space to shoot Laughing

This is my problem with him, he has tunnel vision on at all times and rarely looks to pass.

Couldn't agree more. And when he had a chance to shoot and get Brazil back into the game he sky'ed it. Laughing

He's too limited to play as a midfielder against top teams.

Exactly. Coutinho is so much an attacker. He was forced to play as a midfielder in Brazil's system. He has the odd great pass in him but not the patience and composure required to play deeper. For Barcelona to plan to play him in midfield this season would be asking for trouble. All that said he still had a better tournament than supposed world no. 1 incumbent Neymar.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Hazard has gone from overrated to debatably underrated.

Congratulations to Belgium, in their generation at their clear peak. Martinez has found his mark and I cannot imagine what Radja is going through at the moment.

Not surprised Brazil is gone as the Hype was beyond its worth.

arqui, before the tournament began, which were your top four or so teams?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8