M99
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
Freeza
15 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:59 am

Yeah but I don't believe that tbh, almost all good teams starting centers can stay on the floor.

It's a myth perpetrated because of Gobert but the large majority of good teams starting C doesn't get played off the floor.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:06 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah but I don't believe that tbh, almost all good teams starting centers can stay on the floor.

It's a myth perpetrated because of Gobert but the large majority of good teams starting C doesn't get played off the floor.

It's also a part of the point that the current Lakers roster couldn't get a incredible center, so they just got some cheap guys that aren't gonna cost the team wins, since Centers are hardly game deciders in the West right now other than Davis. It's not like they can't play Beasley against a guy like Jokic as an example.

When everything is going to get switched right now, it's just hard for centers to be played a lot. Probably why I'd say Davis and Horford would be my top 2 choice on a team. The only two I didn't see continually abused on the defense end, and who also were main guys on offense.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:55 am

Well I obviously agree with that, I still think it matters though.

I'm just very against the recent trend of the big doesn't matter when it's mostly not true imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Charles Barkley on current Lakers: “I don’t think they’re better than the Denver Nuggets.”

Does anyone hate LeBron more than Charles?

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Luca wrote:Charles Barkley on current Lakers: “I don’t think they’re better than the Denver Nuggets.”

Does anyone hate LeBron more than Charles?

Skip Bayless.

He said Lakers were a playoff team last year. And this year they’re not.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Nothing wrong with that, Sir Charles is just adjusting his expectations after the Lakers disappointed him last year.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nothing wrong with that, Sir Charles is just adjusting his expectations after the Lakers disappointed him last year.

He said we’d be the worst team in the league
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Nothing but trolling from Charles, and typical sensationalism that these guys usually put on show.

Chris Broussard is the only NBA analyst which seems to pride himself on being unbiased and authentic and smart.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:48 pm

El Gunner wrote:Nothing but trolling from Charles, and typical sensationalism that these guys usually put on show.

Chris Broussard is the only NBA analyst which seems to pride himself on being unbiased and authentic and smart.

Broussard gets a bad rep for his subpar reporting years ago. But he’s a pretty good and knowledgeable analyst.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Broussard lol, he's an idiot. There's a reason why he's an utter laughing stock among most NBA fans.

There's nobody on Fox with any sort of intelligence.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:52 pm

Charles Barkley is a mentally afflicted man. I dont understand how you can grow hatred for a player like that, it's embarrassing.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Barkley has his biases and all just like anyone else

But at least the guy is authentic and gives, I think, his honest opinion most of the time. He's right here and there too.

He's a former NBA player who completely loathes advanced statistics. For what he is, I think his takes are about what I expect them to be. I enjoy him as a character though and his authenticity
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:06 pm

Barkley's issue is most of the time he can't eloquently explain himself, but in general he knows what he's talking about he just has troubles explaining it properly.

He's way better than most of the bums on Fox and ESPN.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:10 pm

I actually enjoy Charles, strictly from an entertainment perspective. Charles and Shaq are good for laughs

When they start seriously talking, just tune out and wait for the next joke, press mute or change the channel

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:13 pm

Luca wrote:I actually enjoy Charles, strictly from an entertainment perspective. Charles and Shaq are good for laughs

When they start seriously talking, just tune out and wait for the next joke, press mute or change the channel

He’s obviously just for entertainment.
He kept saying jump shooting teams couldn’t win the championship after GSW had already won.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Most NBA national media don't even have jokes tbh.

Literally none of them watch more than a handful of teams and most of them are idiots.

Charles >>>>
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:20 pm

This is what I meant by he struggles to eloquently explain himself.

He was right about the jump shooting thing (GSW aren't) but he couldn't explain it properly. That's literally my only issue with Barkley tbh.

Doesn't help that Shaq constantly shouts over him mid sentence.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:This is what I meant by he struggles to eloquently explain himself.

He was right about the jump shooting thing (GSW aren't) but he couldn't explain it properly. That's literally my only issue with Barkley tbh.

Doesn't help that Shaq constantly shouts over him mid sentence.

How is GSW not a jump shooting team? They were third and first in 3PTA during their 2014-2016 run.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Because they use the post and the paint lol.

When Charles was referring to that he meant teams who just chuck up jump shots and rely on that.

Like for example Boston against Cleveland were a jump shooting team, they literally never penetrated or moved the ball inside and just chucked up jump shots.

Despite their shooting prowess Golden State have never been that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Because they use the post and the paint lol.

When Charles was referring to that he meant teams who just chuck up jump shots and rely on that.

Like for example Boston against Cleveland were a jump shooting team, they literally never penetrated or moved the ball inside and just chucked up jump shots.

Despite their shooting prowess Golden State have never been that.

They’re a jump shooting team. The threat of jump shots is the only way they can get any other shots at all.

We’re speaking before Durant here. They were 100% that. They were also more, but their essential skill is jump shooting.

Charles also claimed multiple times he didn’t believe in GS because they shot too many jump shots.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:47 pm

He was wrong about Golden State but not wrong about the idea of a jump shooting team tbh.

Also I disagree completely, because their best skill is jump shooting doesn't mean they were a jump shooting team.

Jump shooting team implies if your shots don't fall you don't win, this has never been the case with Golden State.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He was wrong about Golden State but not wrong about the idea of a jump shooting team tbh.

Also I disagree completely, because their best skill is jump shooting doesn't mean they were a jump shooting team.

Jump shooting team implies if your shots don't fall you don't win, this has never been the case with Golden State.

Well the shots always fall. They’re just also good on defense also.

The time they lost to Cleveland their shots didn’t fall. They didn’t fall against Houston, but Houston’s didn’t fall either.

I think you’re giving him too much credit. I think you’re just trying to say that a one dimensional team can’t win, which they can’t. Cleveland proved that this year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:44 pm

@Luca control your Raptors bros

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 28 65144110
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:46 pm

rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:50 pm

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 28 -k4svZBWp5Kd49PXi17HNaqKbNWdCh-TG5OqNpfu_IQ

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:03 am

Shaq on Shark Week, "I'll be taking on the World's biggest predator, no not Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet, but sharks"

banter

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum