Neymar isn't a top 10 Brazillian footballer OAT

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Neymar isn't a top 10 Brazillian footballer OAT

Post by Doc on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:17 pm

That supposed top 5 list Neymar found himself generously in really is ignoring the likes of Zico, Garrincha, Jairzinho, Vava, Rivaldo, Kaka, Rivelino, Gerson. Hell, the likes of Tostão and Socrates also have a serious claim to be on that list.

Neymar has a lot of men to jump over to even claim to be in the top 10, far less for top 5.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:46 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Shame on you if you're truly Brazilian.

Shame on me i guess.

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:No way man. If he were on par with those guys he would be owning every pitch he's on. Is prime Neymar even better than prime Kaka, Ronaldinho or Rivaldo? How can we even compare him to older legends like Garrincha or Zico?

Garrincha is too old for me to compare, but he is certainly a better player than Rivaldo or Kaka. People are going for Neymar's throat because of his WC, what about Ronaldinho at perfect conditions in 2006? Give me a break, Ronaldinho is one of the most overrated footballers of all time, epitome of style over substance. Zico is a legend, but he isn't in the same class of talent, he got his first call up at 23.

@Hapless_Hans wrote:There isn't such a thing as "pure talent".
You could just as well argue that not being an annoying, selfish, easily distracted little bitch is also a part of the talent a footballing legend needs to have.

You're not wrong, but it's not a simple task separating football talent and psychological deficiencies, in Neymar's case i think most of his problems are due to a very nocive staff, including his father. I believe Neymar has a great chance of going on a brute force maturing process now after becoming a worldwide joke, if he does that, he will be judged differently.

@Doc wrote:That supposed top 5 list Neymar found himself generously in really is ignoring the likes of Zico, Garrincha, Jairzinho, Vava, Rivaldo, Kaka, Rivelino, Gerson. Hell, the likes of Tostão and Socrates also have a serious claim to be on that list.

Neymar has a lot of men to jump over to even claim to be in the top 10, far less for top 5.

You're confusing career and player quality, how many of these guys were the best Brazilian player and had to carry the NT ate age 18? Most of the achievements from those guys came from great collective efforts, not because they were world beaters.

People are overreacting about Neymar's awful WC, when he wasn't nearly fit enough, in fact he had a better WC in 2014. I am 100% aware his antics didn't help, and he needs to stop this bullshit once for all, but people here are supposed to see beyond the memes and what people that only watch football during world cups are saying.

Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Dude, I have not seen a single person in Brazil ever say he is a top 10 Brazilian player, I have no clue where you got the idea to create this thread from
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:12 pm

@Socur Toxanarosa wrote:Well, his career isn't over yet. In terms of pure talent? Top 5 for sure with the likes of Pelé, Ronaldo and Romário.

Stop embarassing yourself man
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Zico isn't the same class of talent as Neymar? Arthur Antunes Coimbra? The man who the Brasilian media and people referred to as the "White Pele"? Alright.

I told you so
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 pm

@Doc wrote:Zico isn't the same class of talent as Neymar? Arthur Antunes Coimbra? The man who the Brasilian media and people referred to as the "White Pele"? Alright.

Not in the same class of talent may be a stretch, but definitely not as talented, much better mentality tho. In terms of talent in the post-Pelé era: Zico, Romario, Ronaldo and Neymar are the most talented players.

@Clutch wrote:Top 10 Brazilian of all time Laughing

Kakas 09 confed shits on anything neymar has done for Brazil lol

Except Neymar had a better confed in 2013. He also won the Olympics in 2016. He also will be the NT topscorer in a couple of years most probably.

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:17 pm

dear god

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty La Fea on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:34 pm

I feel like Neymar is more along the lines of Robinho, than any of the others seriously.

he has a team built around him so he gets all the goals, but I have never seen him show out in a tournament the way Robinho did in 2007.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:37 pm

@Doc wrote:Zico isn't the same class of talent as Neymar? Arthur Antunes Coimbra? The man who the Brasilian media and people referred to as the "White Pele"? Alright.

I mean I know a lot of people who thought before 86 that Zico was better than Maradona.

I don't think we need to say much else really....

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:21 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

I mean I know a lot of people who thought before 86 that Zico was better than Maradona.

No, there isn't much to say after that really.

OT: really feel the likes of Platini and Zico should be in the GOAT list tbh

I told you so
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by GRude on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:19 am

Neymar has already outdone all those favela dwellers legacies. And if my sister looked like Neymars I would pipe too.
GRude
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:38 am

If we talk about talent none of rivaldo romario zico or even ronaldinho could carry the ball from his own half to opponent box so easily and so effortesly.players who do it are best talents imo. watch him in qualification against argentina

Would Perez pay 300 million for those players mentioned above?
Kebab
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:10 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I mean I know a lot of people who thought before 86 that Zico was better than Maradona.

I didn't exactly say Neymar was a superior player to Zico already, said he was more talented. Zico was 29 in 1982, Neymar is 26 still.

That said, Neymar eclipsed Messi in some important games, a player confortably better than both Maradona and Zico, probably the best player of all time.

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:04 pm

Good question. if messi is top 3 or top 5 of all time why not neymar? We have seen him outperfoming messi or playing at his level in barcelona many times
i'm sure you only talk about trophies when making this top 10 list. Nothing else. those mentioned players are not better than neymar at playing football
Kebab
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Again; dear lord.  It's Brazil ffs; no disrespect to Neymar and his talent.  But there are GOAT players left and right in Brazilian football lore.

And wtf is that logic Kebab?

Zico would be as regarded as Maradonna if he had played in Europe during his prime. It was just that the Brazilian leagues were the best in the world during that era but nobody in Europe could see them. All you need to do is watch what Zico's team (Flamengo) did to the "team of the century" Liverpool in the 1981 club WC final. They pummeled them 3-0 and Liverpool looked completely outclassed. We're talking the Dalglish, Souness, etc. Liverpool club.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:12 am

this kebab guy must be on some hard drugs lol. i shouldn't laugh out loud at that, the drugs he's taking must be really serious. not because he thinks neymar is among brazil's goats; people like what they see and people can be prisoner's of the moment (not sure what the 'moment' is in this case, considering its not like neymar's brazil won the world cup)

but to class being the greatest as down to dribbling from one's half to the next as the major recipe for being the greatest is something i expect someone under the influence to say. not even taking into account who they've done it against. and the fact many have scored those kinds of goals. btw george weah carried the ball not from his own half but from his own six yard box to the opposition's in a milan game

and then he also says flo won't pay 300 million for any of those players. so pogba (who imo is a good player) for example, cos flo didn't spend 120 million for any of said players, pogba's better than them? times change, the economy changes, prices get higher as time goes on (can't believe this has to be explained).

whilst i'm not getting into this debate cos i see it as going nowhere, rivaldo was a beast, since we have friends on here who are narrowing greatness down to 1 play, rivaldo's scored a shot from his own half before. imagine if a drug test could be carried out on forums....that guy that compared pedro to stoichkov would have been banned for life and probably even arrested
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:25 am

to be honest back then, many of us, like myself didn't really appreciate zico. its not like today where you can even watch games being played in china. they weren't broadcasting the brazilian league so you only heard about those guys in newspapers, until the world cup. i was more familiar with falcao than zico.

as an aside, my uncle had the flamengo liverpool game on casette, my elder brother nicked it from his house, but the man recorded some random netherlands game over the bloody thing. to make matters worse, gullit didn't even play in said random game :facepalm:
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:46 am

Maybe due to the proximity of Trinidad or just sheer luck but my uncle used to actually watch Flamengo games and I tell you, he loves Zico like Sports loves Zidane. I honestly believe he loves Zico more than his wife, probably not, but still.

So due to his love and the lads who put vids up on YT, you get some nice lil compilations and I tell you, I feel I missed out on a glorious footballer.

I told you so
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:12 am

Man Zico is not some kind of obscure player, maybe for European folks, he is the most famous and revered player from the 80's in Brazil.

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:00 am

Ya I'm with kebab on this one. Nerman would exterminate this zica epidemic that went on in Brazil in the 80s. No big deal

Clutch
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Neymar is now the sole holder of the Scrub Killer crown, left vacant by Di Maria few years ago.

I have never seen such a good player in NT friendlies in my life. He is chopping down Pele's scoring record for Brazil by scrub killing some of the worst teams ever, like Saudi Arabia or El Salvador. But at 26, after 2 World cups and as many Copa America, he still hasn't delivered by quality for his country.

For clubs, he hid behind Messi's shadow at Barca for years and we are still pending the results due to his injury last year. Furthermore, Mbappe risks to outshine him at club level as well, due to his directness and his quality winning games as we have already seen in Ligue 1.

Scrub Killer king

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:46 pm

What's funny is that since his WC exploits nobody seems to mention him when talking about the best player in the world. Infact nobody seems to care about his presence at all. When people talk about PSG they talk about Mbappe.

Quote me on this, the clown will be irelevant by the end of 19/20 and won't play in Qatar. Going the Dinho route without being Dinho won't do him any good

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Neymar criticised referee Jair Marrufo after receiving what he felt was an "unnecessary" booking for simulation during his side's 5-0 win over El Salvador.

The Paris Saint-Germain forward saw yellow just before half-time at FedExField in Washington after failing to convince the official he had been fouled inside the penalty area.

While he did not complain at the time, the Brazil captain aired his views after the friendly fixture, declaring American Marrufo had made an incorrect call in showing a card, rather than his decision not to give a foul.

It is not the first time Neymar's on-field antics have caused controversy; the 26-year-old was condemned by some for his theatrical behaviour at times during the World Cup earlier this year.

"I do not know what I have to do to live with it [this reputation], there's no way I'm going to stand for a situation like this. I think it has to end," he said, according to Globo Esporte .

"But it's not up to me, so much that I did not say anything, I went on with my football.

"It's a lack of respect, not just with me, but with my team-mates as well.

"Playing with a yellow card is tricky. The guy comes here to officiate a Brazilian national team match, which is a very big selection, and he does that ... I don't think it is correct.

"If he does not want to give the penalty, it's not a problem, but the card is unnecessary."

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:04 pm

Neymar should just STFU seeing that both of his last goals were penalties wrongly gifted to Brazil.
And the he manages to even make penalty scoring unlikeable with his bitchy and annoying runups

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:26 pm

He has 1-2 years left to loose his best ability, which is carrying the ball at speed
You dont notice it with messi because he was best at many things, after losing his speed he uses his scoring and passing to stay in the top.
But neymar without speed will not be neymar. He needed to move to Madrid this season. I have never seen such a wasted career
Kebab
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:44 pm

My sample size is really small so I really shouldn't use this but it's GL and it's basically law to jump to conclusions with little data. Anyway, I am not really seeing Neymar being outshone at PSG...by anyone on the team. He is still very much their best player and without him, they are gonna be lacking a serious element in their attack.

Outside of that though, yeah, he should really just hush sometimes.

I told you so
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: