Neymar isn't a top 10 Brazillian footballer OAT

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Neymar isn't a top 10 Brazillian footballer OAT

Post by BarcaLearning on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:10 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Romario was insane.  Really R9 before R9...  just had a bad attitude and felt homesickness, which cost him a legendary European career.

That said, Romario scored 30 for Vasco da Gama at the age of 40.  He was scoring 40-50 goals a season in his mid to late 30s for both Flamengo and Vasco.

The guy was a total freak of nature... and I probably saw him play in person a dozen times over his career.

679 goals in 886 games in top flight club football :bow: .
55 goals in 70 games for Brazil NT.

The fact that he didn't take it well when he was benched cost him with NT when R9 became a star.  They don't like each other.

Remember there used to be arguments on him a lot, some love him some hate him. When on his game he was a goal machine... despite being a party animal Very Happy Although I never got to watch him since it was earlier times, so it must have been great see him real person Smile Still remember some of his highlights, for example the double hattrick by him and R9 together in one game. I always thought they got along, and R9 respected him a lot back then. Too bad really he fell out, and then we saw that Edmundo guy was like a beast too but a poorer version of Romario? Very Happy

BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:30 pm

for those closely associated with brazilian football, either the league or the national team, how is neymar viewed in brazil? considering his goal exploits with the national team, fact that he hasn't led them to a world title (There's still time, and i don't think the brazilian media are all too concerned about south american championship in comparison to the world cup), and his controversial exit from santos?

is there an admiration for him? and if so, is it based on the fact there aren't too many other brazilian stars to rival him or do they legitimately see him as a brazilia g.o.a.t type player. Or is there a dislike for him that he hasn't been able to lead them to a world title - especially that one in brazil (though he got injured, and two attempts isn't enough to crucify someone still under 30)
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:34 pm

@sportsczy wrote:
The fact that he didn't take it well when he was benched cost him with NT when R9 became a star.  They don't like each other.

i don't think anyone who played with romario liked romario, and vice versa (probably only stoichkov and they too fell out). he and bebeto also didn't like each other despite that celebration
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 pm

I would love nothing more than to be able to blame Neymar for the last two WC failures. He's an unlikable douchebag who seems to go out of his way to do dumb shit. But I can't.

He was injured in 2014 and was coming back from injury in 2018. As for his other tourneys, he came through in the Confed Cup and the Olympics while failing miserably in the CA 2015. I'll give him a pass for the CA 2011 since he was only 19. He was the main guy in the Confed Cup in a terrible team, and also the main guy in the Olympics when we had the absolute worst coach of all time.

I don't really know how he's looked at by the average football fan. My guess is there's a lot of extreme opinions where he's either shit or amazing.

Also, the CA will be here next year so it'll be more important than usual. I think how he performs then will go a long way towards establishing how he's remembered, especially since I find it really hard to believe he'll be in Qatar in 2022. He'll be a couple months shy of 31 by then.

Though now that I think about, isn't there another CA in 2020?
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum