BarcaLearning
Hapless_Hans
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Who will reach the final?

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 6 Vote_lcap46%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 6 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 11 ]
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 6 Vote_lcap54%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 6 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 24

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 6 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:50 pm

RG dropping dem truth bombs.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 6 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:23 pm

There's no anti-England movement going on Laughing I find that much weirder than this supposed hatred England are getting.

England until now have only played against underdogs, and people tend to root for the underdogs every time.

I guarantee you the feeling will be much different in the final against France where England are the underdogs for once.

I guess English fans have forgotten what it means to be a top team after years of mediocrity. Welcome back!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:29 pm

Well that's not true at all lol.

Most people considered Colombia the favourite (inb4 poll) and this thread definitely considers Croatia the favourite.

Not saying they are wrong but we definitely haven't been the favourites.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:RG dropping dem truth bombs.

That 's why Germans don't support you (:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:33 pm

I think it's more because they are jealous they had to play FIFA instead of Unicorn Tennis tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:36 pm

England is a greater football nation than both Croatia and Colombia put together lol. They will always be underdogs against England, at least in our time.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:38 pm

Don't think that comes into it, at least to me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:56 pm

There is no anti England movement. You people believe in some weird conspiracy theories.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:07 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
juvealbanian wrote:Exactly. With Croatia dominating the midfield he might not even see a good chance for him unless from corners or free kicks.

I would say Kane is the only true threat to Croatia.He's the only true world class player in a team that tends to get overrated because they all play in EPL aka best league in the world.
Sterling is selfish and wasteful af while Lingard is damn average.

They have mr.50m Stones leading their defense.I feel  Mandzukic will be a nightmare to him.

The only chance for England will be counters and having in front a tired and injury plagued Croatia.And again they should hope Kane really shows his class by being clinical as he might not get much chances of Modric & Rakitic will dictate in midfield.

On a good day for both teams I think Croatia will pass this 7/10 times. but right now it's 6/10 around 60% chances for Croatia to win imho.

This post is an example of what I mean in a nutshell.

Kane being overrated lmao, also what's wrong with Stones?  Croatia defenders have made much more obvious errors than him this tournament as have France defenders etc etc.

You are vastly overhyping Croatian players and vastly underselling England players because you don't like the Premier league for whatever reason.

Sterling is a sure fire starter for Man City but I'm supposed to believe that Man City would get rid of him to sign one of Croatia's attackers?

You don't come out and say it but there's clearly a level of anti English here, if Sterling played for another national team I'm sure the reaction to him would be very different.

I understand Croatia are a good team and have a good chance of beating us but Modric-Rakitic aside they are nowhere near as talented as you and others are painting them to be.

Let's take a look at what "hate" looks like

Criticism of England = hate

Calling Sterling overrated, which I'm sure mole has done at some point in the past = hate

Calling Lingard average = hate

Saying Stones will struggle against Douchezukic = hate

You guys are being far too sensitive and insecure, these are reasonable claims even if you don't share them, there is no anti-England movement.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:17 am

It's the way people are doing it lol, they are making it pretty obvious IMO.

It's not just they are saying Sterling is overrated it's that they are saying Kramaric is better.

Like I said if a foreign player scored 23 goals and 17 assists for arguably a top 5 team in Europe they would get way more hype than Sterling does.

Same for Kane, top scorer of the tournament and people think in a tournament where general play hasn't been great he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as other golden ball nomineees. (not to mention he's only failed to hit 30 goals once in 4 seasons)

Again would get way more respect if he wasn't English, you can say there's no anti English agenda but I'm afraid the posts in this thread betray that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:23 am

zigra wrote:There is no anti England movement. You people believe in some weird conspiracy theories.

Right!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:33 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's the way people are doing it lol, they are making it pretty obvious IMO.

It's not just they are saying Sterling is overrated it's that they are saying Kramaric is better.

Like I said if a foreign player scored 23 goals and 17 assists for arguably a top 5 team in Europe they would get way more hype than Sterling does.

Same for Kane, top scorer of the tournament and people think in a tournament where general play hasn't been great he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as other golden ball nomineees. (not to mention he's only failed to hit 30 goals once in 4 seasons)

Again would get way more respect if he wasn't English, you can say there's no anti English agenda but I'm afraid the posts in this thread betray that.

Mole, it's ok

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:35 am

Also, we're allowing the use of derogatory names like "wops" on the forum now?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:37 am

Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to get colonized by.

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 am

had to google that as i didn't even know what it meant, addressed now

Robes you're secretly scottish now?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:40 am

im about to make $300 ($20 bet) if england wins tomorrow, dont disappoint ffs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:41 am

lol no but it was incredibly appropriate the Trainspotting citation after that discussion :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:46 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:im about to make $300 ($20 bet) if england wins tomorrow, dont disappoint ffs

Wouldn't be surprised if we lose tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:52 am

I'm guessing when Free Cat said Pedro was better than Stoichkov, he was anti Bulgarian and not being a complete melt. Saying Kramaric is better than Sterling or Lingard isn't hate, it's just an ill-informed opinion (or plainly, wrong).

Saying Lingard is average is not hate because he is pretty much an above average footballer. Like Lucas of Madrid, no harm in that.

Saying Stones would get manhandled by Wingzukic isn't hate but posters thinking he can't handle physical, dirty players...like Wingzukic.

Meanwhile, homie literally said third world peasants and the W word to describe Italians and, you know, that's full of love and compassion.

I don't know what you English lads are facing back in the UK, I am sure there is a lot of folks actually hating on the team for no real rhyme or reason but I don't think GL is that place.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 am

farfan wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Babun wrote:Iniesta not winning was the biggest fraud back then and I don't even like Iniesta but one has to respect his talent and what he achieved back then in that tournament.

I've always disagreed with this tbh, didn't think Iniesta was that great in that tournament and him scoring in the final always disguised that IMO.

Xavi was always the best Spanish player of that tournament IMO.

Controversial hot take here, but I don't think Xavi was THAT great in 2010 relative to his Barça performances Laughing something was a bit off with him that WC.

He played as (slightly) more advanced midfielder with the Busquets-Alonso double pivot behind him. Again, it wasn't him being Lampard but more forward than he usually plays.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:12 am

Agree with Urban, it's usual on GL. Liverpool faces this every season under Klopp when we do well, us fans make some noise on GS and most people jump to put you down.

It is because England, once a large footballing nation with vocal fans has been a small team which is again now finally doing well and big boys can't fathom it.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:51 am

I assume you all know that England is the betting favourite to win this match? they are a bigger favourite to win then France was today i.e smaller pay off if they win compared to if you picked France to win.

Croatia is beat up and tired, Russia actually gave them a good game (unlike the Swedes), so yeah, England should win.

I dont know if it is an act, I assume it is, but I dont believe you Asian teenage girls pretending to be England supporters are really that butt hurt.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:13 am

The EPL allstars team lost to France. I don't think the normal EPL team = England has got any chance vs. France in the final. Even Croatia are huge underdogs but they have the means to open up France at some point.

Idi Hrvatski!
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 am

Asian teenage girls Proud
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:03 am

He was deceived from Zigra avatar tbh .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:09 am

Nishankly wrote:Agree with Urban, it's usual on GL. Liverpool faces this every season under Klopp when we do well, us fans make some noise on GS and most people jump to put you down.

It is because England, once a large footballing nation with vocal fans has been a small team which is again now finally doing well and big boys can't fathom it.

People were doing that before we made any noises though lol.

Hell except some football coming home jokes we still haven't really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next