WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Who will reach the final?

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Vote_lcap46%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 11 ]
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Vote_lcap54%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 13 ]
 
Total Votes : 24

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Unique on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 pm

@Doc wrote:
@farfan wrote:Let's hope that this generation doesn't go missing like the 1990 one.

Having England this far in a major tournament has really been enjoyable.

I think this sort of thinking flies over the likes of Unique's head (though a lot of things fly over his head usually). I enjoyed seeing England reach far, I enjoyed watching the typical English fan who are exactly like Mole in that they are constantly cynical and pessimistic of his team's chances, have that optimism. It was fun, it actually was.

I mean, they became only the 2nd team to blow a lead in a semis but still, a great effort from a side that has a tendency to disappoint.
well us english lads do like to support a country or a club thats not from the other side of the world. cheers

Unique
BOSS MAN

Posts : 15389
Join date : 2015-01-19

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:00 pm

First time I've enjoyed following England since I was 8 years old.

I enjoyed it immensely, shame we have to back to club football where money rules all and my team refuses to compete.

Only two years before I get to enjoy football again!
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 66527
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Doc on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:01 pm

Henderson could be phased out due to better players that may appear in his position, he'll still be at a good age though (32 I think). Cahill and Vardy would definitely not be in the next one. Definitely.

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13626
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Henderson was really good imo, he's miles better than any alternative imo.

Thought both Dier and Rashford were bad subs tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 66527
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by urbaNRoots on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Surprised not to have seen Welbeck at all, he can score some really clutch goals. What was the point of bringing on Dier?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 16337
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 pm

I only watched the 2nd half, but it seemed to me it was all Croatia. Not sure if England were settling for the 1-0 or were simply incapable of taking on the initiative, but this feels somewhat deserved.

_________________
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 TRAPOBIELSA

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 24017
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Cruijf on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:26 pm

England were much better in the first half. Not sure what happened in the second half lol, you'd think it was England that just came off two extra times and not the other way around.

_________________
"People say football is life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more important than that."
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3639
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:26 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:I only watched the 2nd half, but it seemed to me it was all Croatia. Not sure if England were settling for the 1-0 or were simply incapable of taking on the initiative, but this feels somewhat deserved.


First half it was all us, we should have scored 2 or 3. But we went into our shells in the second half and Croatia got on top.

Which we never really recovered from, which is incredibly frustrating because everyone knows we can't defend on the backfoot.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 66527
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by breva on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:46 pm

6 Serie A players played today. 5 were on the pitch most of the game. Mandzukic, Strinic, Brozovic, Perisic, Rebic and Badelj came on as a sub. The only EPL player was Lovren, and he did not do much. It was a Liga/Serie A team for the most part. EPL >> Serie ZZZ my foot.

Had prior England teams had the draw this England team had they would have done as well or better. There has been no improvement.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1941
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Except we were knocked out in the group stage of the last WC and lost to Iceland at the Euros.

Not sure how one man can revel in so much stupidity tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 66527
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Doc on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:51 pm

Also, the majority of Sere A lost to Hala's cousins without scoring a goal so, let's not use Croatia's success for someone else's.

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13626
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by CBarca on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:52 pm

Has Tottenham won this world cup? As far as clubs

One Spurs player captaining a side in the final (and Lloris has been magnificent), and Spurs players have been dragging England to their first semis in a long time.

Anyway, happy to see England get so far, and they have a young group here. They should be a lot more mature and ready for a World Cup challenge in 2022, which means they'll probably go out in the groups. Regardless, it was fun, I agree with all on that take.

Really happy to see Croatia go through. When will they have another batch of players like this? Overjoyed for Modric, I've had his jersey since 2012. I also have a chance at some cash. Let's go Croatia

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Unique on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:53 pm

@breva wrote:6 Serie A players played today.  5 were on the pitch most of the game.  Mandzukic, Strinic, Brozovic, Perisic, Rebic and Badelj came on as a sub.  The only EPL player was Lovren, and he did not do much.  It was a Liga/Serie A team for the most part. EPL >> Serie ZZZ my foot.

Had prior England teams had the draw this England team had they would have done as well or better. There has been no improvement.
quick question what passport do you have buddy.

_________________
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15389
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by breva on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:24 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Except we were knocked out in the group stage of the last WC and lost to Iceland at the Euros.

Not sure how one man can revel in so much stupidity tbh.


The team had Uruguay and Italy in the same group. The ignorance of some posters is immense.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1941
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Unique on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:29 am

@breva wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Except we were knocked out in the group stage of the last WC and lost to Iceland at the Euros.

Not sure how one man can revel in so much stupidity tbh.


The team had Uruguay and Italy in the same group. The ignorance of some posters is immense.
yes it is.

_________________
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15389
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by breva on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:34 am

@Unique wrote:
@breva wrote:6 Serie A players played today.  5 were on the pitch most of the game.  Mandzukic, Strinic, Brozovic, Perisic, Rebic and Badelj came on as a sub.  The only EPL player was Lovren, and he did not do much.  It was a Liga/Serie A team for the most part. EPL >> Serie ZZZ my foot.

Had prior England teams had the draw this England team had they would have done as well or better. There has been no improvement.
quick question what passport do you have buddy.


Does it matter? But, if you must know I have three passports Spain, Italy and USA.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1941
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by breva on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:34 am

@Unique wrote:
@breva wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Except we were knocked out in the group stage of the last WC and lost to Iceland at the Euros.

Not sure how one man can revel in so much stupidity tbh.


The team had Uruguay and Italy in the same group. The ignorance of some posters is immense.
yes it is.


Glad you agree.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1941
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:46 am

@breva wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Except we were knocked out in the group stage of the last WC and lost to Iceland at the Euros.

Not sure how one man can revel in so much stupidity tbh.


The team had Uruguay and Italy in the same group. The ignorance of some posters is immense.


Agreed, so ignorant they can't clearly see this is a much better England team than any since Lampard, Gerrard etc.

Those England teams do not get to a WC semi final under any route.

Besides not sure where you get off criticising an England team who during that easy route beat a team 2-0 which knocked your Italian national team from even qualifying.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 66527
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by breva on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:00 am

I have no problem admitting Italy had a terrible team, what's your problem?

This English team would have lost to Italy under Prandelli and to Uruguay just like the 2014 English team. Beating Tunisia and Panama in the group stage would not have been a problem for the 2014 English team.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1941
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Firenze on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:06 am

@S wrote:@Frenzy, how does it feel to be ousted by 2 Serie Zzz players ?

The more you keep shitting on the league , the more L's you're beginning to take. I'd show some humility if i were you

I always rated Mandzukic and especially Perisic. Doesn't mean the league isn't overwhelmingly terrible though.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 29261
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Robespierre on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:09 am

England are out from WC and it's another hurt , but this time they do it with new certainties and perspectives.
Southgate has built important basis  with a very intelligent job, there was skepticism around him but he has conquered anyone.
He must improve the offensive phase now but this NT has talent.
Promoted .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 13076
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Unique on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:19 am

@breva wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@breva wrote:6 Serie A players played today.  5 were on the pitch most of the game.  Mandzukic, Strinic, Brozovic, Perisic, Rebic and Badelj came on as a sub.  The only EPL player was Lovren, and he did not do much.  It was a Liga/Serie A team for the most part. EPL >> Serie ZZZ my foot.

Had prior England teams had the draw this England team had they would have done as well or better. There has been no improvement.
quick question what passport do you have buddy.


Does it matter? But, if you must know I have three passports Spain, Italy and USA.
well england trashed all 3 of them buddy. maybe you should get a french or croatian passport just in time for the final. rofl rofl

_________________
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15389
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by breva on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:53 am

When did England "trash" Spain, Italy or the USA? By the way, "trashed" is not the right word. I think you mean "thrashed". And, you think writing in bad English is funny I agree. It's real funny. Rolling Eyes
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1941
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Robespierre on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:56 am

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Dh2iNYBWkAATn4x

On the one hand the best midfielder in the world , on the other side Luka Modric.

@farfan wrote:Let's hope that this generation doesn't go missing like the 1990 one.

Having England this far in a major tournament has really been enjoyable.


I agree, like it or not, Englishmen are basically unique to create atmosphere.
It's been a special WC also thanks to them.

@Jay29 wrote:

4) It's Coming Home was a joke. It's called irony. We claim it is fully in the knowledge that we're not going to win a thing. It's not something to take seriously. As the tournament progressed, people started to believe and it became a bit more serious. And what's wrong with that? Enthusiasm should be welcomed, not misinterpreted as arrogance.


Seriously it's real mystery for me that people out of England ( I can confirm it ) haven't understood this lol.
Tried in vain to explain it.
I agree about the rest too


Last edited by Robespierre on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 13076
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by breva on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:57 am

@Firenze wrote:
@S wrote:@Frenzy, how does it feel to be ousted by 2 Serie Zzz players ?

The more you keep shitting on the league , the more L's you're beginning to take. I'd show some humility if i were you

I always rated Mandzukic and especially Perisic. Doesn't mean the league isn't overwhelmingly terrible though.


That's the point.  Notwithstanding having only 3 teams in the CL for the past decade or so, Serie A, now with 4 teams in the CL, has a 5 point advantage over the Bundesliga while having one less team eligible for the CL and is now within three points of the EPL in the Uefa coefficient and will probably overtake the EPL this year, when it doesn't matter anymore.
Real terrible.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1941
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Unique on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:04 am

@breva wrote:When did England "trash" Spain, Italy or the USA?  By the way, "trashed" is not the right word. I think you mean "thrashed".  And, you think writing in bad English is funny I agree.  It's real funny. Rolling Eyes
a guy that has an american passport should know what i mean when i say trashed. and what 2 of them passports are forged Laughing

_________________
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15389
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 20 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum