Nishankly
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
Unique
39 posters

Page 22 of 35 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:40 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Unique wrote:the EU dont give a shit about ireland. the EU only cares about the funding they will lose from GB.

I am sure that is what Nigel Farage told you, alas, reality is more complex than this. Also it's blatantly untrue.
what part is untrue. the part where we give the EU billions per year or the part where the EU are unhappy about losing the billions per year. hmm

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:43 pm

its funny how anyone that wants brexit are all liers but anyone thats against brexit are all honnest upstanding people. hmm
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:19 pm

Unique wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:
Unique wrote:the EU dont give a shit about ireland. the EU only cares about the funding they will lose from GB.

I am sure that is what Nigel Farage told you, alas, reality is more complex than this. Also it's blatantly untrue.
what part is untrue. the part where we give the EU billions per year or the part where the EU are unhappy about losing the billions per year. hmm

The part where you imply that you're just giving those billions away and not getting anything in return, which you are, and the part where you outright state that the EU only cares about the money. I'm sure they also care about the money, and why wouldn't they. But this is about much more than money.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Do you suppose the British Union (UK) will survive the Brexit saga?

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:33 pm

If Brexit happens I can't imagine Scotland staying
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Yes, I think the Scots will want out ASAP.
They are understandably fuming, as one main argument, IIRC a rather decisive one, that kept them from voting for independence a few years back, was that an independent Scotland would fall out of the EU and would have to renegotiate/reapply.
That argument is now void.

God knows what will happen in Northern Ireland should there be a hard border. Probably a reignition of violence.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:26 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Yes, I think the Scots will want out ASAP.
They are understandably fuming, as one main argument, IIRC a rather decisive one, that kept them from voting for independence a few years back, was that an independent Scotland would fall out of the EU and would have to renegotiate/reapply.
That argument is now void.

God knows what will happen in Northern Ireland should there be a hard border. Probably a reignition of violence.
scotland did have a vote for independence and voted stay. also scotland runs on a deficit so leaving the uk would ruin them. also if britain wants to leave the EU we will leave. if northern ireland wants to be part of the UK then it will be part of the UK. and if the irish terrorists want to pick up the guns again then we should hit them harder than we did last time.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:14 am

Unique wrote:scotland did have a vote for independence and voted stay.
Hans literally just said why that doesn't matter in the fucking post you quoted. They threatened Scotland with blocking them joining the EU if they left the UK, which is exactly the reason Scotland should have a 2nd referendum now.

also scotland runs on a deficit so leaving the uk would ruin them.
No it wouldn't ruin them. Pretty much all peripheral regions of the UK run a deficit because fucking everything is funneled into London and the surrounding counties; ever since the Thatcher administration the entire UK has been one huge scam to keep London ahead of the curve.

also if britain wants to leave the EU we will leave.
That's what you've been saying, but not what you've been doing.

if northern ireland wants to be part of the UK then it will be part of the UK. and if the irish terrorists want to pick up the guns again then we should hit them harder than we did last time.

Honestly, I wouldn't bank on Northern Ireland wanting to stay with the UK in this scenario and nowadays. A huge problem was the raging Catholicism in the Republic, and that basically evaporated over the past one or two decades, a lot of Northern Irish citizens will think long and hard whether being in the EU might not have more perks than being in the UK.
And while I won't defend violent terrorism in the vein of the IRA, you kind of have to admit that centuries of British oppression will drive some people to arm themselves. It's not like the Irish were ever treated nicely by the English...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:50 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
Unique wrote:scotland did have a vote for independence and voted stay.
Hans literally just said why that doesn't matter in the fucking post you quoted. They threatened Scotland with blocking them joining the EU if they left the UK, which is exactly the reason Scotland should have a 2nd referendum now.

also scotland runs on a deficit so leaving the uk would ruin them.
No it wouldn't ruin them. Pretty much all peripheral regions of the UK run a deficit because fucking everything is funneled into London and the surrounding counties; ever since the Thatcher administration the entire UK has been one huge scam to keep London ahead of the curve.

also if britain wants to leave the EU we will leave.
That's what you've been saying, but not what you've been doing.

if northern ireland wants to be part of the UK then it will be part of the UK. and if the irish terrorists want to pick up the guns again then we should hit them harder than we did last time.

Honestly, I wouldn't bank on Northern Ireland wanting to stay with the UK in this scenario and nowadays. A huge problem was the raging Catholicism in the Republic, and that basically evaporated over the past one or two decades, a lot of Northern Irish citizens will think long and hard whether being in the EU might not have more perks than being in the UK.
And while I won't defend violent terrorism in the vein of the IRA, you kind of have to admit that centuries of British oppression will drive some people to arm themselves. It's not like the Irish were ever treated nicely by the English...
britain will leave the EU. northern ireland and scotland will stay in the UK and the irish terrorists that you tried so hard to hide your support for will be delt with. there is no way on earth that britain will factor in irish terrorists in any deal we make with the EU.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:13 am

man i am so sick of brexit. If the leave campaign's tactic was to bore people and make them tired about the entire thing to a point they don't care anymore...it has worked.

Just want it to be over. Either deal or no deal or UK sold off to the USA. anything works.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:38 am

A few days ago the headlines were "a deal nigh on impossible after Johnson-Merkel phone call" and now they're "a deal still possible after Johnson-Varadkar meeting", funny stuff.

On the Telegraph's (or Torygraph's) front page there's a Rees-Mogg article saying "Boris won't concede too much to EU" and apparently he's been telling hardline conservative MPs that compromise is unavoidable. If a deal is reached, will be interesting to see does it pass Parliament when May's deal failed three times.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:51 am

Corbyn went to court to make sure that Britain don't leave without a deal and now he's telling people not to back the deal Boris puts forward no matter what it is. The man is unreal.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:29 pm

Unique wrote:britain will leave the EU.
Still waiting on that, mate.
northern ireland and scotland will stay in the UK
Very much doubt it.
and the irish terrorists that you tried so hard to hide your support for will be delt with.
I know you're mostly just trolling and only skim posts, but that's kind of a bullshit accusation, I don't think you'll be able to find any post of mine ever endorsing violent action against a democracy.
there is no way on earth that britain will factor in irish terrorists in any deal we make with the EU.

And who suggested that Britain would? Britain will, however, have to factor in the binding, UN-sanctioned international treaties it signed with Ireland concerning the border.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:07 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Unique wrote:britain will leave the EU.
Still waiting on that, mate.
northern ireland and scotland will stay in the UK
Very much doubt it.
and the irish terrorists that you tried so hard to hide your support for will be delt with.
I know you're mostly just trolling and only skim posts, but that's kind of a bullshit accusation, I don't think you'll be able to find any post of mine ever endorsing violent action against a democracy.
there is no way on earth that britain will factor in irish terrorists in any deal we make with the EU.

And who suggested that Britain would? Britain will, however, have to factor in the binding, UN-sanctioned international treaties it signed with Ireland concerning the border.
we will see son we will see.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:12 pm

Looks like Boris has got things done. He don't fuck about for years like them other twats.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Let's see if he can pass it through parliament first... The way I read it, this is May's deal but slightly worse.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:59 pm

It is indeed May's deal but worse. And there is 0 chance it will pass in the parliament unless DUP agree to it which they apparently won't.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:01 pm

This is almost for sure heading to another referendum to which the polls say it will be to remain! I can just imagine the horror reaction of Unique to this, lol.

The biggest issue towards a new referendum is the majority of existing parliamentarians don’t want a new referendum even though they can’t agree on what a Brexit separation deal should encompass. What a mess!

Country is literally falling apart because parliamentarians are afraid to ask public what they really want.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Unique wrote:Looks like Boris has got things done. He don't fuck about for years like them other twats.

xDDDD
It's May's deal but with a border between NI and UK, pushing NI towards the Rep. of Ireland, something that the EU suggested ages ago but to which the UK replied with the backstop idea to stop NI from drifting away from the UK. And this "giving away" of NI is being hailed as a victory by the Tories xDDDD

Well, I for one am in favour of a united Ireland, so hopefully this deal happens!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:11 pm

I want this deal to get rejected just for the chaos.

Parliament will be incredible.

Day 1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:15 pm

May's deal got 3 votes over months, this deal will have 5 hours this Saturday to be debated in Parliament x) It would be a miracle if the votes were there to pass.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:18 pm

Problem is that a lot of labour MPs are under pressure to vote for it because their constituencies voted Leave. So even if Corbyn asks them to vote against the deal, they will lose their area in the next elections if they vote no.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:42 pm

They were supposedly under that same pressure when they voted against May's deal. I'd be fucking amazed if Labour votes got Boris Johnson over the line.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:29 pm

Junker has said there will be no extension so it's either this deal or no deal. I hope for no deal tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:17 am

Art Morte wrote:They were supposedly under that same pressure when they voted against May's deal. I'd be fucking amazed if Labour votes got Boris Johnson over the line.
this is the last vote before the deadline, any labour pms that were hoping for a better deal might have to swallow this pill
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:03 pm

Current BBC forecast for the voting tomorrow

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 22 _109290005_optimised-brexit_vote_analysis-nc
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 35 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next