titosantill
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
Zagadka
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Club winning treble vs. Country winning WC?

Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 7 ]
Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC - Page 2 Vote_lcap78%Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC - Page 2 Vote_rcap 78% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 32

Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Doc wrote:By sacrifice, I mean dropping all you guys in a volcano and using your souls to quench the Football Gods' thirst for banter.

As if the football gods will consider that enough of a sacrifice tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC

Post by Luca Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:57 pm

I don't want to live in a world without mole so that's fine by me

mole, do you love me
are you riding

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Doc wrote:By sacrifice, I mean dropping all you guys in a volcano and using your souls to quench the Football Gods' thirst for banter.

As if the football gods will consider that enough of a sacrifice tbh.

That's why the burger is being thrown in as well.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Luca wrote:I don't want to live in a world without mole so that's fine by me

mole, do you love me
are you riding

Much more than I love Lowry I can say that much.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:01 pm

Treble Laughing

A simple league title will do the trick for me.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:03 pm

zigra wrote:Treble Laughing

League cup tbh, seriously I'll take anything Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:08 pm

My countrys football is too shit and corrupt to even dream of winning the WC rofl Sorry its just too difficult to imagine and there is no love for it anyway Razz

For normal fans POV though, I think your country winning must be the biggest thing, perhaps unless u are one of the regulars who wins it often like Germany or something...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:12 pm

I'd cry even if we qualify let alone winning.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:20 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:My countrys football is too shit and corrupt to even dream of winning the WC rofl Sorry its just too difficult to imagine and there is no love for it anyway Razz

For normal fans POV though, I think your country winning must be the biggest thing, perhaps unless u are one of the regulars who wins it often like Germany or something...

No country wins it often even the top countries, Brazil, Italy and Germany have only won it 5 and 4 times respectively. It's always an amazing affair.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Since I started watching Football, France reached 5 major finals and won both the WC and the Euros. A Lyon treble would be an indescribably bigger deal.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:31 pm

farfan wrote:Since I started watching Football, France reached 5 major finals and won both the WC and the Euros. A Lyon treble would be an indescribably bigger deal.

What about Morocco hmm (:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:34 pm

S wrote:
farfan wrote:Since I started watching Football, France reached 5 major finals and won both the WC and the Euros. A Lyon treble would be an indescribably bigger deal.

What about Morocco hmm (:

Lyon> France > Morocco > African teams

That's pretty much IT :coffee:.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Farfan jumping on the France bandwagon now they are in the final :facepalm:

Unreal lack of loyalty to Morocco smh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:37 pm

zigra wrote:Treble Laughing

Yeah , let's be clear I prefer also just winning Scudetto to World Cup Laughing let alone treble
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Farfan jumping on the France bandwagon now they are in the final :facepalm:

Unreal lack of loyalty to Morocco smh.

Didn't you jump on the England bandwagon this year? unreal lack of loyalty to your anti-international football principles ffs.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Short of a nuclear war, World Cup is the most important event in about 85% of the world. Hell, during the 7-year Syrian civil war, the only time people gathered together to celebrate with flags of both regime and opposition was when Syria reached the continential play-offs....the power of World Cup eh!

I think Western Europeans are the only ones that would even contemplate the idea of their clubs over country.  Must be a cultural thing or that they're just spoiled since they've won the WC many times already.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:54 pm

You try and resist the allure of Gareth Southgate's waistcoat.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:04 pm

We Europeans have OBVIOUSLY overcome nationalism :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 pm

zigra wrote:We Europeans have OBVIOUSLY overcome nationalism :coffee:

There are still a lot of " unique " cases tho. hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:14 pm

I pick my club winning the treble. I'm not particularly a patriotic person and Real Madrid means too much to me. I've never rooted for the U.S. national team as it is a waste of time for me. If the country where my family is from were to have a real chance at the world cup then maybe i would flinch a little if only because it will never happen Laughing .
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:55 pm

ITT: People who don't read the OP.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:59 pm

A more valid question would be country winning the world cup vs club winning the sextuple.

And I would still choose WC.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Easiest choice ever. Country winning WC, obviously, duh.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 pm

It's a bad choice, triplete is in no way comparable to a WC. The choice should be 3 CLs vs 1 WC, then you have to think about it (althought not for that long lol).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:58 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:ITT: People who don't read the OP.

To be fair, the OP was edited once answers like "my country would never win" came in.

Now, those people who said that clearly missed the spirit of the question anyway, but it's not quite as bad as it first appears.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:59 am

Never felt patriotic for my country and never rooted for them also. I'm not even sure if it'll be that big of a celebration in the US, especially if the game is on a Sunday. Everybody would just go to work the next day and move on with their lives. Americans would support just so they can chant USA and every other country is inferior to us when they cant beat us at a sport we dont give af about. Outside of that, I dont see insane celebrations going on like other countries across the globe

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next