halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Are we gonna sign Rodrigo?

Valencia are loading up on strikers lol, right now they have:
-Rodrigo
-Batshuayi
-Mina
-Zaza
-Gameiro

hmm

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Although our attackers have been scoring in preseason, I still won't sleep tightly until I see another CF coming in. Not sure if Rodrigo is the guy but Lope likes him, and he has the speed to punish teams off the bench so I can get on board. Also seen Jovetic playing yesterday. Whatever happened to him, none of the teams he was loaned out to decided to buy him despite him being really good for them hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:09 pm

They have certainly overloaded their strikers. If we are looking to improve over Mayoral, it is not going to be difficult.

Rodrigo would be a good choice. I wouldn't say no to Santi Mina, or Maxi Gomez either.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Mariano literally winked a "come and get me" message the other day on twitter. Seems a no brainer, sell Mayoral and De Tomas.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Problem with that I think is that Lyon will put a price tag on him we won't want to match. Otherwise that'd been a no brainer for me. But I fear the club sees Mayoral as the next Benz Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:19 pm

I've been saying Rodrigo for weeks now, as Valencia has been very opening recruiting as they are expecting a late push from Madrid.

Advantages are Rodrigo is way better than Mayoral and will challenge Benz. Plus he has Lopetequi’s confidence.

Disadvantages are he is not a top CF and the price tag is 110M.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:32 pm

yeah... if the price isnt close to like 35-40 mil, we will not sign him
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:33 pm

110m is ridiculous. Especially if they have 5 strikers for 2 positions. Good luck fitting all of them in.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Depay is also a false 9, finished last season pushing Mariano around
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Depay is also a false 9, finished last season pushing Mariano around

He's so inconsistent.  His training habits are also horrible.  I'd completely stay away.  Has a lot of talent...  has some big moments.  But he's a headcase.

Fekir is the one that's available and can be had for 60 mil. Far better player too. He's no CF however. He's more like Dybala.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Depay is far too selfish. He spends more time grappling about who to take penalties than actually scoring. Lyon seems about his level. Although he starts on the wings, he has more of a free role there. He'll never have it for any other big team. And I doubt any team sees him as a striker option whether as a CF or False 9
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:34 pm

Fekir and his crooked knee can stay at Lyon.

just throwing names around guys, the young CF in europe look dreadful for the most part, a couple will blossom within the next 2 to 3 years
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:13 am

It looks like PSG haven't agreed a deal with Rabiot, Barca pursuing him. If we are still looking for a midfielder, why not him? he does have an interesting profile and can do a bit of everything. Only downside, he is a melt.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:21 am

I didn't realize they let Rabiot run his contract up, 1 year. Wow, yeah, I wouldn't mind Rabiot on the books for the cheap.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:29 am

This is for Sports, all french recruitment:

-CB: Pavard
-CM: Rabiot
-FW: Martial
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:27 am

Just read an article in AS, first time I have even looked to AS in ages.

They say Lopetequi wants a striker and a central.

Wants to lend out Vallejo

Likes Mayoral, but as a 3rd striker, doesn’t feel De Tomas is ready

With midfielder, apparently he has dropped the request for Thiago, or other. He is impressed with both Ceballos and Valverde, but not overly impressed with Llorente. Says he won’t be opposed to let Llorente go out on loan.

I have no idea if any of this is true, afterall it is AS, but there is a lot of opposite views (from Marca / el Confidencial).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:35 am

vanDEEZ wrote:110m is ridiculous. Especially if they have 5 strikers for 2 positions. Good luck fitting all of them in.

That’s a good point. They were insisting on the exit clause as they were recruiting the replacements. Remember that Flo said he would take a pause in recruiting as he felt the EPL clubs and PSG had overly influenced an inflated market. Perhaps he was referring to Valencia. You and Nick are right Deez, maybe they will be more willing to negotiate a fee, now that they can’t possibly accomodate all 5 in their lineup.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:29 pm

So Marcos Alonso is linked to us.

I like the fact that we're buying Spanish (Real Madrid should)... but they can't be all spanish ffs. It's ok to look outside Spain and Brazil.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:49 pm

I think we're most likely looking for Spanish players because of the language barrier. It bring more unity to the squad if they all speak one language!

But I can swear to you we would have never passed on Mbappe if he was Brazilian/Spanish/Hispanic
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:So Marcos Alonso is linked to us.

I like the fact that we're buying Spanish (Real Madrid should)... but they can't be all spanish ffs. It's ok to look outside Spain and Brazil.

I saw that Sports, but how can it be, market for Chelsea is closed! Can they still sell after the close?

I took it as Marca reprinting all gossip regardless of source. Same piece of quote of interest didn’t even acknowledge the Reguilon is on squad! I would have interest in Alonso, but he is like Marcelo in many ways, more of a winger than a defender. If they want to go after a defender from Chelsea, better off with Azpiliceuta. He beat Alonso out for seleccion, being he is a solid defender and like Nacho, can play any defensive position.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:59 pm

You can sell after the market closes...  you just can't buy. It would be moot if all the markets closed together (no buyers). But in the EPL's case, it's relevant.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:06 pm

I like Regulion I think he had a good pre season but I could why signing a stronger back up is more important. He played 3rd dov last season let's not forget that, maybe a loan isn't bad for him. There will be a lot of pressure at the club next season and can u imagine him playing in CL if Marcelo is out? You have to carefully weight the risk reward here. Even if you think of Nacho as a back up, he is not a productive attacker and that always hinders your attacking potential

And I am a fan of Regulion... I don't like Alonso though, and I doubt it comes though anyway.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Alonso is not better defensively than Marcelo, which is my problem with it.... ok well, he may be better. But he's not a good defensive fullback lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Story going around, is club has 300M to spend but are reluctant to spend until they get a definitive answer (expected sometime next week) from UEFA re FFP and salary % of PSG! They still think that a negative review of PSG finances will possibly mean letting go of Neymar (or Mbappe). Apparently they have even hired outside financial analysts as to what they think might be outcome. The salary % is a new one. Apparently both PSG and Barca exceed the threshold.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:14 pm

it's not a story going around, it's on Marca. FFP will do nothing to PSG i dont even waste my time thinking about that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:it's not a story going around, it's on Marca. FFP will do nothing to PSG i dont even waste my time thinking about that.

Story was in both Marca and El confidencial. I like you don’t expect anything to come of this, but it is a theory / story out there.

Re your request in other thread, re source re Llorente, I have spent past 10 minutes unsuccessfully trying to find where I read earlier that club was talking to La Real re Llorente. I know I read it somewhere! Question do you look in English? Reason I ask is often a media quote is often a day later translated to Spanish and quite often the english version is just a summary. Whatever I read was just a line in an article (I had though it was in the piece re Valverde).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next