halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:05 pm

He's been loaned out to LaReal. He has been improving but imo he's still far from being RM starter material but he's still very young, so he has got some years before we officially give up on him. But safe to say that Reguillon has surpassed him

I think when we get Hermoso back we'll have a great blend between senior and talented youngsters in the backline.

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:06 pm

He is learning how to play football at la Real, he is having a good season actually.

Reguillon though, has been way more impressive than Theo with the same amount of opportunities in Madrid. Some players just get it, Reguillon does, he is good.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:54 pm

No idea why Hala responded seriously to Hans, should have told him go suck an egg or something.

But seriously, he is doing well at La Real and by well, he has slightly more good games than bad games.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:02 pm

https://streamable.com/rhr3h

Great game by Lunin, he'll be our second choice GK next season. Can see him replacing the scrub by the end of 20/21.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Lunin is for the future, I would hate to see him rot on the bench with us. Also that was one match, also those saves weren't that impressive tbh. Good for his level, but he won't be pushing out Courtois or Keylor anytime soon.

He's a good prospect, I think next season I would like to see him get a better loan deal. Maybe a Europa League level club.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:01 pm

He is rotting on the bench at Leganes. Cueller is the starter and Lunin is the backup. Madrid are concerned and are considering moving him elsewhere even though there are financial penalties in loan agreement. Apparently Lunin started season poorly, showed nerviousness and lost starting job. This last start was only because it was a Copa game.

Meanwhile Navas has finally caught on that Courtois was brought in to replace him and now wants to leave in January for free? And meanwhile Casilla still has 2 more years (after this season) on his contract.

Bottom line, we can see where this is going.

Courtois, Navas, Casilla for rest of this season

Courtois, Casilla for next season, Lunin going somewhere else to get playing time.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:42 pm

I think we need to sign another goalkeeper :coffee:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:56 pm

You can’t realistically have two WC porteros. The backup either needs to be a proven veteran or it’s a promising kid with experience. The unproven kid is the practice (3rd) GK.

So this year is an anomaly when Navas said he would stay no matter what. And Kiko said he wouldn’t break his contract.

I don’t expect club to let Navas go in January as they have already said so and Lunin will not have had enough experience / development come next June, so the options are keep Casilla as backup or buy a Casilla type in marketplace, buying him out and sending Lunin on loan somewhere were they will play him.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:26 pm

So apparently Oscar is doing great at Leganes. We have all these midfielders balling, why can't we have any attackers?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:39 am

futbol_bill wrote:You can’t realistically have two WC porteros. The backup either needs to be a proven veteran or it’s a promising kid with experience. The unproven kid is the practice (3rd) GK.

So this year is an anomaly when Navas said he would stay no matter what. And Kiko said he wouldn’t break his contract.

I don’t expect club to let Navas go in January as they have already said so and Lunin will not have had enough experience / development come next June, so the options are keep Casilla as backup or buy a Casilla type in marketplace, buying him out and sending Lunin on loan somewhere were they will play him.

i think sportsczy was being sarcastic
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:58 pm

I'd love to see

Courtois
Carvajal Varane Ramos Reguilon
Modric Casemiro Kroos
Asensio   Marcelo
Benzema
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:56 pm

I would like to see:

Courtois
Varane Ramos (De Ligt)
Carvajal Casemiro Kroos Marcelo
Asensio (Icardi) (Martial/Hazard)

Manager: (Poch)

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Is Casemiro suited to playing with 3 CB's behind him ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Maybe, we have never seen a 3-man backline. I think it has the opportunity to work. In a 4-man backline Casemiro tends to be spread a bit thin because he is covering the midfield and covering for Marcelo. With the set up I laid out, De Ligt would cover for Marcelo so Casemiro can focus purely on midfield cover allowing Kroos to have more freedom and operate how he does best (without having to track back).

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:33 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Maybe, we have never seen a 3-man backline. I think it has the opportunity to work. In a 4-man backline Casemiro tends to be spread a bit thin because he is covering the midfield and covering for Marcelo. With the set up I laid out, De Ligt would cover for Marcelo so Casemiro can focus purely on midfield cover allowing Kroos to have more freedom and operate how he does best (without having to track back).

Probably but to me that looks like 4 central defenders. Casemiro's ball playing skills are lacking and his contribution on transition is awful.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:38 pm

With our defensive record, I don't think that would hurt. Plus, with WBs pushed further forward, Casemiro would then have Kroos, Carva, and Marcelo (who are some of the best in transition) to dish the ball to quickly in transition. He would actually have less transition duties than in a 4-2-3-1 that we have seen this season.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:10 am

We have already tried the 352 formation and it cost us the treble two seasons ago. No thank you. I prefer continuing with the 433 and getting a whole new attack
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:24 pm

First of all at what point did we actually play a 3-5-2 with 3 actual center backs? Second, we would have completely different personnel and a manager - hopefully Poch- who has excelled playing 3 at the back. So, apples and oranges.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:46 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:I would like to see:

Courtois
Varane Ramos (De Ligt)
Carvajal Casemiro Kroos Marcelo
Asensio (Icardi) (Martial/Hazard)

Manager: (Poch)

Fairly reasonable signings that can actually happen imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:40 pm

I would suggest in that scenario; 3 CBs and FBs playing as FB/ W, that you don't need Casemiro nor Llorente in that mostly defensive scenario. You would be better off with some creativity along side Kroos such as an Isco or Ceballos or even Valverde (if he progresses)
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:30 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:First of all at what point did we actually play a 3-5-2 with 3 actual center backs? Second, we would have completely different personnel and a manager - hopefully Poch- who has excelled playing 3 at the back. So, apples and oranges.
Against Levante in the Copa under ZZ. In fact he nearly screwed us over in the league by playing that formation. That formation are for defensive teams not offensive teams like ours. And if you want to get players that'd fit into that formation you'd have to get a whole new team. No thank you. Any coach who prefers that formation should stay very far away from our club
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:00 am

Eh, ZZ is a tactical noob to be fair and playing it only a couple of times isn’t a true shake.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:07 pm

You can't play 3 CBs if you don't have 4 quality CBs (i.e. not a kid as your 4th CB who has no top league professional experience).

It's such a specific tactic that you can't switch back on forth with anything else... that's the big weakness imo. Whereas you can change from 442 to 433, 4231... basically any formation with a back 4. But if you switch from 5 in the back to 4 in the back, the defense gets really unsettled because they need to adjust a lot positionally.

I don't mind it. I'm just saying it's a season long commitment if you do take that approach. You also better be sure that you are so damn good at it that you won't need tactical flexibility.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:08 pm

We would definitely need to bring someone in, but the positive thing is we have Nacho who can play anywhere across the back line so it would enable more tactical flexibility than we typically see.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:43 pm

Most 352 teams can only play 352 well Deez.... they can't go back and forth between back 4 and back 5 very well. It's not an easy switch.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:47 pm

You need Elite wing backs for 3-5-2, especially athleticism wise. we really don't have that.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next