RealGunner
McLewis
Cruijf
rincon
Freeza
25 posters

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by rincon Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:18 pm

Freeza wrote:
rincon wrote:That looks excellent. Agree with Glory though, there shouldn't be a Joker movie that dispels the mystery.

It's not canon. So it's technically not the joker. It's fan fiction/Elseworlds.

That way I don't have a problem with it. It's so far off and doesn't conflict with established mythology that way.

I love the concept of these one-off Elseworlds stories. That way you can get actors on CBM projects, who don't want to do multiple movies as the character.

It's not like in Tim Burton's Batman where they made Joe Chill into the Joker basically and made him the one who killed the parents.

This doesn't mean anything. It's not canon to what? it's canon to the movie I'm watching.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by rincon Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:28 pm

One thing about these DC movies. If Phoenix plays a fantastic joker (expected) in this movie that looks better than anything in the DCEU, do they expect moviegoers to buy into Jared Leto's Joker in every other film?

Seems like a mess for them going forward.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:29 pm

Leto is done. He won't play Joker anymore.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:31 pm

M99 wrote:Leto is done. He won't play Joker anymore.

praise the lord

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:35 pm

Ok. I thought he would be in the next suicide squad and batman film.

So what's the plan? no more Joker in the DCEU or a third actor?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:42 pm

Suicide squad is a reboot so it doesn't matter if leto was in it or not.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:45 pm

I don't care about Leto. I'm asking in general what the plan is, I haven't heard about the new DC movies. I imagine the Joker is a character they want to have around since he is probably the most popular comic book villain.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:Suicide squad is a reboot so it doesn't matter if leto was in it or not.

Suicide Squad isn’t a reboot.

Jai Courtney is returning which is 100% confirmed. Margot also returning in some form.

The reboot thing wasn’t meant as a reboot of the universe, but a reboot of the construction of the team I guess. They’re just giving us 70% of a new team with Boomerang and Deadshot returning.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:13 pm

rincon wrote:I don't care about Leto. I'm asking in general what the plan is, I haven't heard about the new DC movies. I imagine the Joker is a character they want to have around since he is probably the most popular comic book villain.

DC is not lacking in villains at all.

And Leto’s Joker is being phased out. They’ve filmed scenes with another extra playing it where the head is not shown. For the Birds of Prey movie.

I think there going to focus on Harley mainly. As she’s probably more popular than any other character not named Batman right now.

If they plan on having the Joker back I think they’ll def go for another actor playing a different version. Doubt it’s matter. The canon Joker as you mentioned is known to be a mystical character without much known knowledge. Having another actor play it with a completely different look would make sense with the character, and it’s also happened in various comic storylines.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:26 pm

I would say the popularity of the Joker isn't comparable to any other comic book villain. Harley isn't close. I can ask any of my friends, relatives or parents about the joker and everyone would know.

Didn't watch suicide squad, aquaman or justice league yet. This I'll watch though, looks significantly better. DC seems much more interesting doing this kind of movie than whatever Batman vs Superman was.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:41 pm

That Joker trailer almost seems like its a biopic (which i like)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:12 am

Martin Scorsese associated with this? Heard he was one of the producers. But I am not seeing his name in the credits.
It does have a Taxi Driver, King of comedy vibe tho, which is so friggin exciting. bounce
Lol and it features Robert De Niro as well. Just wowwww. Proud I will literally scream of joy if there is any actual Rupert Pupkin connection to his character in this.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:18 am

De Niro said that Murray was conceived in the spirit of his earlier role. “There’s a connection, obviously, with the whole thing,” said De Niro, from his Tribeca offices, while doing interviews for the upcoming Tribeca Film Festival. “But it’s not as a direct connection as the character I’m playing being Rupert many years later as a host.”

Nevertheless, De Niro said he would have been up for reprising the character in more explicit terms. “If they would’ve proposed that to me, I would’ve said, ‘That’s interesting, maybe we’ll try to do that,'” he said. “But by making this type of film, it is connected in a way, as you’ll see.”

Omfg!! :bow: Proud Excitement level just peaked for me personally regarding this film.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:48 am

Glory wrote:Martin Scorsese associated with this? Heard he was one of the producers. But I am not seeing his name in the credits.
It does have a Taxi Driver, King of comedy vibe tho, which is so friggin exciting. bounce
Lol and it features Robert De Niro as well. Just wowwww. Proud I will literally scream of joy if there is any actual Rupert Pupkin connection to his character in this.

Not any connection apart from the obvious inspirations. Well he’s wearing the Rupert Pupkin outfit in the trailer. So there’s that.

Guessing the Talkshow scene will be with Joker killing the entire audience.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:53 am

Yea it looks like De Niro is playing the asshole talk show host in this. Very Happy

Anyway those Arthur Fleck – Rupert Pupkin parallels are awesome. Both failed stand up comedians living with their mothers. Both crazy (albeit in different ways I reckon) Pupkin would have gone on to become the Joker if the King of Comedy had a sequel probably. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:10 am

Shazam was incredible. Felt like such a great Amblin movie for kids.

Would probably be my favourite film ever at 12-15
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:21 pm

hmm is it better than Us?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:24 pm

Freeza wrote:Shazam was incredible. Felt like such a great Amblin movie for kids.

Would probably be my favourite film ever at 12-15

You aren't 12-15?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:26 pm

RealGunner wrote:hmm is it better than Us?

By far lol.

It’s even scarier Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:37 pm

Thinking of watching avengers on the 24th but my local theater doesnt do online ticket sales, and the better theaters in surrounding cities where i wanted to go with friends are only selling a A3+A4 marathon so far. Not trying to spend 6 hours in the theater Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:17 am

Viola Davis also returning to Suicide Squad 2. Guessing it starts filming real soon.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:28 pm

Interesting that they are shelving Deadshot and giving Idris a new character.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:40 pm

Saw Captain marvel. Enjoyed it. She's basically a Deux Ex Machina in the MCU. Will be interesting to see how Thanos matches up.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:46 pm

jibers wrote:Saw Captain marvel. Enjoyed it. She's basically a Deux Ex Machina in the MCU. Will be interesting to see how Thanos matches up.

Feige said she is the strongest in MCU

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:
jibers wrote:Saw Captain marvel. Enjoyed it. She's basically a Deux Ex Machina in the MCU. Will be interesting to see how Thanos matches up.

Feige said she is the strongest in MCU

Yea and by far. She's basically superman of MCU.

I'm guessing Thanos won't be the MAIN villain because she should comfortably crush him based on her feats.

Hopefully the HUlk finally does something instead of being a jobber. He's been battered by everyone. Hulk is basically the Eugene of the MCU. :facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Watched Shazam

Worse than I expected.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next