S
juve_gigi
Warrior
rincon
Luca
13 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Juventus 2018-19 Serie A & Coppa Italia - Page 6 Empty Re: Juventus 2018-19 Serie A & Coppa Italia

Post by Luca Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:42 pm

You can't really argue against Mandzukic right now. 2 goals, and an assist (today for Matuidi). His hold up play has been great, he wins everything in the air and he's been effective through the middle or switching with Ronaldo to go out wide.

Maybe we'll go with a 4-2-3-1 involving Ronaldo, Manduzkic and two of Dybala, Bernardechi, Douglas Costa and/or Cuadrado in attack

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Juventus 2018-19 Serie A & Coppa Italia - Page 6 Empty Re: Juventus 2018-19 Serie A & Coppa Italia

Post by juvealbanian Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:30 am

We have yet to find a way how to make Cristiano score. A player of his reputation will always be important as he draws more attention towards him and creates space for the others but you can see he's being frustrated not scoring. Sometimes simply bad luck and sometimes our opponents keepers and defenders just wanna perform the game of their lives against him.

I think we should play Costa on the left so Cristiano can easily swithch from the wing to central attack. Sandro is a quality defender but Costa will get past anyone in a 1vs1 creating space for CR7. Maybe that means we'll have to go with 3 at the back sometimes.

Personally I see a CR7 - Dybala duo as strikers as the best solution. While Mandzukic is extremely important at physical duels and aerial game we need someone that can dribble into the box and shoot or make a simple pass to CR7 to finish and that's exactly what Dybala does best.

Then we have 3 other quality players. Cuadrado and Cancelo can play as right wingers while Bernardeschi can be useful played more centrally.

...............CR7.....Dybala
Costa.....Berna/Pjanic...Cuadrado/Cancelo
..............Matuidi.....Can
....Chiellini....Bonucci...Benatia
..................Szczesny

imo that's the best formation we can field and if Cristiano doesn't get enough service with that then idk how he can adapt our team.
If we need more defensive approach during games we can bring Sandro and Khedira and maybe Mandzukic to win duels as well.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:31 am

We have yet to find a way how to make Cristiano score. A player of his reputation will always be important as he draws more attention towards him and creates space for the others but you can see he's being frustrated not scoring. Sometimes simply bad luck and sometimes our opponents keepers and defenders just wanna perform the game of their lives against him.

I think we should play Costa on the left so Cristiano can easily swithch from the wing to central attack. Sandro is a quality defender but Costa will get past anyone in a 1vs1 creating space for CR7. Maybe that means we'll have to go with 3 at the back sometimes.

Personally I see a CR7 - Dybala duo as strikers as the best solution. While Mandzukic is extremely important at physical duels and aerial game we need someone that can dribble into the box and shoot or make a simple pass to CR7 to finish and that's exactly what Dybala does best.

Then we have 3 other quality players. Cuadrado and Cancelo can play as right wingers while Bernardeschi can be useful played more centrally.

...............CR7.....Dybala
Costa.....Berna/Pjanic...Cuadrado/Cancelo
..............Matuidi.....Can
....Chiellini....Bonucci...Benatia
..................Szczesny

imo that's the best formation we can field and if Cristiano doesn't get enough service with that then idk how he can adapt our team.
If we need more defensive approach during games we can bring Sandro and Khedira and maybe Mandzukic to win duels as well.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:23 pm

Only 12 days since our last match yet it feels as if it's been 12 weeks Laughing Very bad timing to have an international break one month after season starts, while teams are still getting warmed up and building their chemistry.

Expecting a classic win vs Sassuolo, 2-0. Cristiano to unlock while Dybala reintegrates the XI.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:13 pm

Finally might get to watch Juve again. I have only been able to watch the first match.

De Sciglio is back, expected to be on the bench. Barzagli is out. Spinazzola is back to training with the group but isn't available yet.

Gazzetta speculates:
Szczesny; Alex, Chiellini, Bonucci, Cancelo; Matuidi, Pjanic, Can; Ronaldo, Mandzukic, Bernardeschi

Dybala with the outside chance to start as well.

Sassuolo plays 4-3-3

Consigli; Rogerio, Ferrari, Magnani, Lirola; Duncan, Magnanelli, Bourabia; Di Francesco, Boateng, Berardi
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:53 pm

What did you guys think about this 4-3-1-2? Dybala playing behind Mario and Ronaldo. It's interesting. I think it has potential to be useful in certain matches where we need numbers in the middle more than out wide.

Only thing I would ask is for anyone except Khedira in that role. Can or Bentancur please.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:34 pm

I think it would look much better with Pjanic in the team. Dybala, at many times was so far away from goal and like you said, it does negate our great width- although we’ve negated it ourselves thanks to Douglas Costa.

Thoughts on Emre Can in his first start? I think he looked good, he can be a useful player for us (no pun intended)

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:56 pm

Stuff from Allegri's press conference for tomorrow's game:

Mandzukic and Matuidi will rest vs Forsinone.

Perin will play vs Bologna, so Szczesny probably continues.

Dybala and Ronaldo will play.

Pjanic, Can and Bentancur midfield likely.

He has to see how Bernardeschi is, likely to come to rest this game and start from the bench.

Back 3 or back 4 doubt, if it's back 4 then Cuadrado, Sandro and Cancelo all play, if its a back 3 then one of them rests.

Szczesny; Sandro, Chiellini, Bonucci, Cancelo; Bentancur, Pjanic, Can; Ronaldo, Dybala, Cuadrado

or a back 3.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:43 pm

For old times sake i'd like to see the BBC back, since we can beat Frosinone with any formation.

MARKETING-DYBALA
SANDRO-PJANIC-CAN-BENTANCUR-????
CHIELLINI-BONUCCI-BARZAGLI
SZCZESNY
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Something i noticed: exception made of CBs and GKs, all of our players can play at least 2 positions.

Probably we have the most versatile squad in Europe.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:27 pm

Great but difficult win away to Frosinone. They played very well.

Bernardeschi comes in and again, has the impact we all hope he would have. Always involved, always going forward. What a player

Were rolling. I'm glad its not easy because it shows the new players, and this includes Ronaldo, what it is to be at Juventus

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:57 pm

Frosinone gave 0 space around the box and parked it, or got pushed back, all game. Must be a frustrating game to play for the team.

Mandzukic was surprisingly ineffective. Cuadrado wasn't sharp enough. The rest were good.

Well fought win.

Bernardeschi is our most in form forward at the moment. Deserved the rest, now I guess he will go back to starting vs Bologna.

An issue I see is that Mandzukic needs to rest. I would have guesses this was the game for him.

Against Bologna I would like to see Ronaldo-Dybala-Bernarderschi so that Mandzukic can be fresh for Napoli.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Udinese away tomorrow for our final game before the international break

I hope we continue our form

Allegri wrote:Tomorrow I could go with a front three of Mandzukic, Dybala and Ronaldo, or one of them could be rested.

Szczesny starts in goal tomorrow. Bentancur has a chance to play tomorrow, I’ll assess him in training.

Khedira and Rugani are out of action, De Sciglio is back available again, while Costa will return for the Genoa match.

Cuadrado is in good form and his assist the other night gave him motivation.

We have lots of games, beyond technical decisions and our chemistry. I have to rotate our front line.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Another international break :facepalm: Too many of them in the first months of the season. Our squad chemistry is good but 1 week pause every month isn't suitable.

After what i saw from tuesday, i'd like another test for our Dybala-Bernardeschi combo. It represents the future of the club in attack. CR/Mandzukic may share the minutes upfront but i guess CR is more rested.

Bentancur gets some minutes it's good news, he must blossom this season but i doubt Allegri uses him in a 2 man midfield, his workrates are below Chan and Matuidi. So i expect a 4-3-3 with Cuadrado as RB.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Bentancuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur

Splendid combination with Cancelo
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Kommander goal, what a show so far
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:41 pm

Loved that finish from Cristiano, playing for his freedom

Cancelo is so impressive coming forward. Mandzukic is loving his life this season. Our style suits him so well

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:02 pm

Total domination. Everyone playing well, scary team this season. We have a chance to break Conte's point record.

Cancelo probably the best this match although they are well. He does so well when we are comfortable in defense.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:08 pm

We have an insane last 8 games or so of each round but this streak and this momentum and how well we look is amazing.

Ronaldo, Bonucci and Cancelo easily stand out signings.

Can looks like he was worth the wait too, to be honest.

Then you have second year players like Matuidi, and Bentancur looking good, along with Bernardeschi.

Mandzukic and Alex Sandro are playing like new signings and Dybala is coming alive.

Amazing this is without Douglas Costa being a factor after how great he was in the second half of last season.

Our team is stacked boys

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:45 pm

Can is too clumsy when trying to create and attack
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:23 pm

rincon wrote:Can is too clumsy when trying to create and attack

You write that if that was news to anyone Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:28 pm

It's not news, just an observation from the last matches since he has gotten more game time. As a new signing I have hope for him, it's just very clear that he is really limited in that area. We still need him for DM at least.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:58 am

Same technical problems with Matuidi who remains a useful player in both zones.

How to still help in attack: by making intelligent runs that stretch the defensive cover. Find some free space. And just make a decent pass to Pjanic for a key pass/Sandro for a cross.

Matuidi does it well, Can is ok. So far i've rated him as C+ while i expected C- at best. Imo still under evaluation from Allegri and doesn't seem to have a specific role yet.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Allegri:

Spinazzola played 50 minutes in the (last) friendly, it's normal that he isn't yet available for the match.

De Sciglio is fine. Costa, well, he misses minutes as it's been 2 months since he played. It's more likely to see him come into the match rather than starting one. He has half an hour in his legs.

(Dybala had a knock vs Brazil). He may play. I have to observe the situation today, and evaluate the condition of the midfielders. Then, as a consequence, I can chose the men for the attack. The only one that is sure to be rested tomorrow is Chiellini.

(... a bunch of words praising the Nazionale and emphasizing how we always struggle vs Genoa...)

On De Sciglio: if he plays tomorrow, he does so on the left. I have to evaluate Alex Sandro who didn't play the last match for Brazil and as such is quite rested. He was a bit unwell from the trip but today he looks recovered.

On Kean: He is doing well, growing and training well. He is growing strong for his age, due to his characteristics, after Mandzukic, he is the CF.

Szczesny plays tomorrow. I'm happy with how Perin is working, his time will come.

Bentancur, more mezzala or more vice-Pjanic?
He did well as mezzala, scoring, and arriving at the right time. Right now he is more adapted to playing as mezzala with Emre Can in front of the defense. Then he can also play as one the two midfielders when we play with that system.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Dominated from the first minute to the last

Sadly i can count on my fingers the amount of good scoring chances we've had. I guess it was one of those days where everyone looks rusty from the international break. Still we looked solid, stopped Piatek's goal streak and i don't think the squad lost its positive momentum.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Agreed, it's just an off day.

The game could have been finished by half time. A refresher to stay awake and be sharper for United hopefully.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next