Juventus 2018-19 Serie A & Coppa Italia

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: Juventus 2018-19 Serie A & Coppa Italia

Post by Luca on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:42 pm

You can't really argue against Mandzukic right now. 2 goals, and an assist (today for Matuidi). His hold up play has been great, he wins everything in the air and he's been effective through the middle or switching with Ronaldo to go out wide.

Maybe we'll go with a 4-2-3-1 involving Ronaldo, Manduzkic and two of Dybala, Bernardechi, Douglas Costa and/or Cuadrado in attack

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:30 am

We have yet to find a way how to make Cristiano score. A player of his reputation will always be important as he draws more attention towards him and creates space for the others but you can see he's being frustrated not scoring. Sometimes simply bad luck and sometimes our opponents keepers and defenders just wanna perform the game of their lives against him.

I think we should play Costa on the left so Cristiano can easily swithch from the wing to central attack. Sandro is a quality defender but Costa will get past anyone in a 1vs1 creating space for CR7. Maybe that means we'll have to go with 3 at the back sometimes.

Personally I see a CR7 - Dybala duo as strikers as the best solution. While Mandzukic is extremely important at physical duels and aerial game we need someone that can dribble into the box and shoot or make a simple pass to CR7 to finish and that's exactly what Dybala does best.

Then we have 3 other quality players. Cuadrado and Cancelo can play as right wingers while Bernardeschi can be useful played more centrally.

...............CR7.....Dybala
Costa.....Berna/Pjanic...Cuadrado/Cancelo
..............Matuidi.....Can
....Chiellini....Bonucci...Benatia
..................Szczesny

imo that's the best formation we can field and if Cristiano doesn't get enough service with that then idk how he can adapt our team.
If we need more defensive approach during games we can bring Sandro and Khedira and maybe Mandzukic to win duels as well.
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:31 am

We have yet to find a way how to make Cristiano score. A player of his reputation will always be important as he draws more attention towards him and creates space for the others but you can see he's being frustrated not scoring. Sometimes simply bad luck and sometimes our opponents keepers and defenders just wanna perform the game of their lives against him.

I think we should play Costa on the left so Cristiano can easily swithch from the wing to central attack. Sandro is a quality defender but Costa will get past anyone in a 1vs1 creating space for CR7. Maybe that means we'll have to go with 3 at the back sometimes.

Personally I see a CR7 - Dybala duo as strikers as the best solution. While Mandzukic is extremely important at physical duels and aerial game we need someone that can dribble into the box and shoot or make a simple pass to CR7 to finish and that's exactly what Dybala does best.

Then we have 3 other quality players. Cuadrado and Cancelo can play as right wingers while Bernardeschi can be useful played more centrally.

...............CR7.....Dybala
Costa.....Berna/Pjanic...Cuadrado/Cancelo
..............Matuidi.....Can
....Chiellini....Bonucci...Benatia
..................Szczesny

imo that's the best formation we can field and if Cristiano doesn't get enough service with that then idk how he can adapt our team.
If we need more defensive approach during games we can bring Sandro and Khedira and maybe Mandzukic to win duels as well.
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:23 pm

Only 12 days since our last match yet it feels as if it's been 12 weeks Laughing Very bad timing to have an international break one month after season starts, while teams are still getting warmed up and building their chemistry.

Expecting a classic win vs Sassuolo, 2-0. Cristiano to unlock while Dybala reintegrates the XI.
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:13 pm

Finally might get to watch Juve again. I have only been able to watch the first match.

De Sciglio is back, expected to be on the bench. Barzagli is out. Spinazzola is back to training with the group but isn't available yet.

Gazzetta speculates:
Szczesny; Alex, Chiellini, Bonucci, Cancelo; Matuidi, Pjanic, Can; Ronaldo, Mandzukic, Bernardeschi

Dybala with the outside chance to start as well.

Sassuolo plays 4-3-3

Consigli; Rogerio, Ferrari, Magnani, Lirola; Duncan, Magnanelli, Bourabia; Di Francesco, Boateng, Berardi
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:53 pm

What did you guys think about this 4-3-1-2? Dybala playing behind Mario and Ronaldo. It's interesting. I think it has potential to be useful in certain matches where we need numbers in the middle more than out wide.

Only thing I would ask is for anyone except Khedira in that role. Can or Bentancur please.
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:34 pm

I think it would look much better with Pjanic in the team. Dybala, at many times was so far away from goal and like you said, it does negate our great width- although we’ve negated it ourselves thanks to Douglas Costa.

Thoughts on Emre Can in his first start? I think he looked good, he can be a useful player for us (no pun intended)
Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:56 pm

Stuff from Allegri's press conference for tomorrow's game:

Mandzukic and Matuidi will rest vs Forsinone.

Perin will play vs Bologna, so Szczesny probably continues.

Dybala and Ronaldo will play.

Pjanic, Can and Bentancur midfield likely.

He has to see how Bernardeschi is, likely to come to rest this game and start from the bench.

Back 3 or back 4 doubt, if it's back 4 then Cuadrado, Sandro and Cancelo all play, if its a back 3 then one of them rests.

Szczesny; Sandro, Chiellini, Bonucci, Cancelo; Bentancur, Pjanic, Can; Ronaldo, Dybala, Cuadrado

or a back 3.
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:43 pm

For old times sake i'd like to see the BBC back, since we can beat Frosinone with any formation.

MARKETING-DYBALA
SANDRO-PJANIC-CAN-BENTANCUR-????
CHIELLINI-BONUCCI-BARZAGLI
SZCZESNY
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Something i noticed: exception made of CBs and GKs, all of our players can play at least 2 positions.

Probably we have the most versatile squad in Europe.
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:27 pm

Great but difficult win away to Frosinone. They played very well.

Bernardeschi comes in and again, has the impact we all hope he would have. Always involved, always going forward. What a player

Were rolling. I'm glad its not easy because it shows the new players, and this includes Ronaldo, what it is to be at Juventus
Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:57 pm

Frosinone gave 0 space around the box and parked it, or got pushed back, all game. Must be a frustrating game to play for the team.

Mandzukic was surprisingly ineffective. Cuadrado wasn't sharp enough. The rest were good.

Well fought win.

Bernardeschi is our most in form forward at the moment. Deserved the rest, now I guess he will go back to starting vs Bologna.

An issue I see is that Mandzukic needs to rest. I would have guesses this was the game for him.

Against Bologna I would like to see Ronaldo-Dybala-Bernarderschi so that Mandzukic can be fresh for Napoli.
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6