[ 2 ]
2% 2% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 38

Who will win Champions League 2018/19 ?

Post by S on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:30 pm

Hope i havent created this thread a bit too early since transfer window is still open but it does seem like  most of the 'contenders' have practically completed their transfer businesses

Barca, City, Juventus, Atletico have all strengthened while Madrid and Bayern have stable squads with many younger players ready to step up. This could possibly be the most open season in a long time, possibly breaking the stranglehold, Real Madrid have over this competition(and Barca too i suppose).

On paper, the Spanish big two probably start as favorites again but the other teams have considerably closed the gap compared to recent seasons. I'd hope to see Juventus win it but i think Atletico can make a strong case for winning it this year. They have the squad, they have the defensive organization, retained their key players and made smart signings on top of it. With the final being hosted in Atletico's stadium, the desire i'd imagine, to go all the way would be even stronger.
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Champions League 2018/19 ?

Post by Firenze on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Barca
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Atletico is my favourite assuming they don't face Madrid along with the way Laughing

Aside from them I have Barca, Juve, and City as potential winners too. I think it's a year too early for PSG but they have the individual quality to challenge regardless. Liverpool are also challengers. If Madrid signs someone to replace Cristiano's goals they will compete too.

Seems like the most interesting CL in years tbh.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:44 pm

It's England's time. Not sure about the club, though.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Barca.

If not, then I hope Juve just so that theres great Buffoon banter afterwards.
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:20 pm

City or PSG.

Having said that I hope both fail miserably.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Its a tie between Liverpool, Barca, City and Juventus

Real will be downsized if Modric leaves, big pressure on them to win again

Bayern depends on if Kovac is a fraud or not, probably is considering he's a Bundes coach.

United lel

PSG they will have to do much more this year, new coach, new style, still need them to reach semis at least before assuring them

Atleti is a wildcard, depends on their draw

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Juve have no excuse not to win it this season

I don't think we're favourites. Maybe if we add Cavani we could be but as it stands we only have one reliable scorer in the frontline who can never be healthy

It's going to be between Juve, Atleti and Barca I believe. I have always had Bayern in that bracket too but I don't rate them as highly anymore. They keep getting swept aside whenever they play a big team in Europe

We might make the quarters depending on how favourable the draw is to us but I am 99% sure won't win it. Maybe if we play a false 9 we can crowd the midfield and 0-0 our way to the final. Who knows
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:58 pm

The team with Cristiano Ronaldo are the favourites of course...

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:13 pm

If the big names are RM, Barca, Juve, and Bayern, I'm almost certain it is going to be someone outside of that this season.

My pick would be either Atletico, or Man City.
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:01 pm

@vanDEEZ wrote:If the big names are RM, Barca, Juve, and Bayern, I'm almost certain it is going to be someone outside of that this season.

I guess it's a good bet. Specially Atletico, since they haven't lost any key player this time around.
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:25 pm

Can someone please tell me why Atlético is considered a threat here?

This is the team that ended so badly in their CL group stage last season that they had to play in Europa League.

The only difference from last year is Costa. Lemar is a fraud and the world will see it soon. Godín and Filipe Luís are on decline already cause of their age and Gabi has left them.

Vrsaljko wasn't a top RB tbh I don't know how good the replacement Santiago Arias is. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Don't get the hype.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:33 pm

@vanDEEZ wrote:If the big names are RM, Barca, Juve, and Bayern, I'm almost certain it is going to be someone outside of that this season.

What's this based on?, the last time a non-big name won the CL was Chelsea in 2012 if you can call them that and then Porto in 2004 lol.

Big teams always win this competition.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:35 pm

@danyjr wrote:Can someone please tell me why Atlético is considered a threat here?

This is the team that ended so badly in their CL group stage last season that they had to play in Europa League.

The only difference from last year is Costa. Lemar is a fraud and the world will see it soon. Godín and Filipe Luís are on decline already cause of their age and Gabi has left them.

Vrsaljko wasn't a top RB tbh I don't know how good the replacement Santiago Arias is. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Don't get the hype.

Don't get this either tbh, same for those predicting they will win La Liga. There's no such evidence this is actually going to happen.

Football in general sticks to themes of the past more often not, you have exceptions to the rule but it's usually the same teams over and over again.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:27 pm

I am going with Pep and City

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Atletico Laughing

Think this might finally be City's year. But it's open. No clear favourites atm. I think Barca will be in the semis this season at least.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:41 pm

@danyjr wrote: Lemar is a player I know nothing about and I'm just pulling baseless predictions about him out of my ass

Fixed.
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:22 pm

They will have Costa, playing with Griezmann since the start of the season. Plus Lemar, Rodri and Martins. They will have great depth. Seeing the opinions of people who actually followed them, Lemar and Rodri are legit talents.

Simeone won La Liga and reached the CL final with players like Raul Garcia, Adrian, Tiago, Mario Suarez etc. In fact he reached 2 CL finals with worse teams than this. It certainly wouldn't be a surprise if he wins it with this team.
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:34 pm

why does city have votes? y'all do realize they have to face liverpool eventually yes? only way pep the fraud hipster wins cl is if Liverpool gets knocked out before city can face them. Pep vs Klopp? wouldn't bet against the Klopp to eliminate city again.

Real Madrid are still around even without CR7.

I favor Madrid and Liverpool. if not them then maybe juventus or psg finally get their time to shine.

First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:35 pm

@BusterLfc wrote:They will have Costa, playing with Griezmann since the start of the season. Plus Lemar, Rodri and Martins. They will have great depth. Seeing the opinions of people who actually followed them, Lemar and Rodri are legit talents.

Simeone won La Liga and reached the CL final with players like Raul Garcia, Adrian, Tiago, Mario Suarez etc. In fact he reached 2 CL finals with worse teams than this. It certainly wouldn't be a surprise if he wins it with this team.

Pretty much this. They also have the added motivation of wanting to play a CL final in their own stadium.

Griezzman: He's entering his prime years and doesn't have to worry about speculation regarding his future.

Costa: Gets a preseason with the team and isn't joining in January like he did last year.

Lemar: The ideal profile you want from a LM in a 4-4-2. He was a highly rated player in Ligue 1.

Those are just some players from the top off my head who will make a difference. Don't forget they have one of the best goalies in the world and are arguably the most organized team in the world. Nobody defends the spaces like Atletico lol.

This is the most talented individual set of players Simeone has ever had. He also has some decent depth unlike previous seasons. If the new players adapts to his methods, they'll make a serious run.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:37 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Atletico Laughing

Think this might finally be City's year. But it's open. No clear favourites atm. I think Barca will be in the semis this season at least.

City is too one-dimensional. They only have one way they can play and they are damn good at it but whenever they face a team that knows how to beat them they have no plan B. That's why knockout format is bad for them
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Individual talents and Simeone hmm

If anything i think that's a deterrent tbh.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:45 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

What's this based on?, the last time a non-big name won the CL was Chelsea in 2012 if you can call them that and then Porto in 2004 lol.

Big teams always win this competition.

Partially gut, but the bigger teams I listed have been declining in the CL over the past few seasons. RM have capitalized on this (with a little luck), but without a goalscorer I think we are already out.

That opens the door for teams who have been on the edge- Liverpool, City, Atletico, who have improved their sides. I'd include PSG but I just have a feeling they are bound to flop.
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:47 pm

Gut is fair, i respect that.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:13 am

Atletico are a cup team and this is the strongest they've ever been under Simeone. Don't see anything wrong with them being viewed as a potential winner. Atleast , I'd rate them ahead of the likes of Man City who are in the same boat as PSG as far as European performances go.

Bookmakers have Man City as favourites(along with Barca) and ahead of Real Madrid which is kinda surprising. They have shown nothing out of the ordinary that puts them above teams that have consistently performed in Europe for more than half a decade.
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next