The Madrid One
futbol_bill
Unique
VanDeezNuts
12 posters

Go down

Who is the Best False 9 Empty Who is the Best False 9

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:48 pm

Just preparing to not sign a CF, so out of Isco, Asensio, and Benzema (or any other false 9 you can think of in the squad), who would make the best false 9 for us? Considering we have a pretty limited sample size for false 9 performances under Lopetegui for us, this will mostly be opinion- but who would you go with?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Who is the Best False 9 Empty Re: Who is the Best False 9

Post by Unique Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:45 pm

Is false 9 the new name for a striker that doesn’t score any goals Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Unique wrote:Is false 9 the new name for a striker that doesn’t score any goals Very Happy

Lol
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:07 pm

How come, the only strikers we have had in past decade have been Higuain and Benzema, both with severe flaws and most of their time here has been without suitable competition nor backup.

Yet just down the road, our derby competition has gone through at least 10 better strikers than we have had and always seem to have at least two on board. Being a smaller club, there is a high turnover as bigger clubs keep buying, but they always seem to lose one, acquire another (again more quality than with us) and at much lower costs?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Unique soft trolling around here since he was almost fulminated last time around Laughing

At bill, Ronaldo has prob been the biggest factor regarding that, Atleti's buisness with goalkeepers and strikers is commendable, they must have great scouts.

Isco can be ruled out, it could end up being Asensio if we had a left forward we can trust on that he and bale could interchange across the front line with (Vinicius?) Benz has always been a bit toothless and so his positive contribution is becoming less noticeable.

Last edited by The Madrid One on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm

Yet we've won 4 out of the last 5 CLs....

The day people finally wake up to the concept that CR was our CF in actuality, the easier their lives will be.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:58 pm

yeah I wish I was Madrid's number 9 during the Ronaldo era. Best job in the world. Getting paid millions while doing jack sh*t.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:58 pm

CR was the main striker, playing as a wide forward with freedom to roam

Benzema aka Nueve was the CF (central forward) playing as a falso nueve

Semantic is important

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Ronaldo was not our CF, he barely played like one to even warrant the title. He was our main goal scoring threat which was very much by design.

Benzema, Mr. scoring goals isn't my job, was the starting CF who, like Ronaldo, barely played like one to even warrant the title. But a CF he currently is.

As for a better false nine, I would go with Asensio.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:20 pm

The big difference is that, with CR, the CF made runs to open up space for CR to score and get into the best scoring zones.  In all other circumstances, the attack is set up for the CF to make runs to get himself into scoring positions.

Whether it be Benz, Morata or Higuain.... their main job was to take the CBs' attention away to open up room for CR.

Not a criticism and absolutely the right thing to do.  But it's something that people just conveniently ignore.

Other clubs do it too to a far lesser extent.  For example, the CFs at Atleti play to make Griezmann score since he's the most likely.

It all comes down to featuring the best scorer on the team, whatever his position.  

Juve in the 80s was designed to make Platini score although he was the 10, as a previous example.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Benzema since he actually has been playing the role for years unlike asensio or isco who are not even forwards.

having said that, Asensio shows great promise. wouldn't mind seeing asensio play false 9 if benz gets hurt/drops form badly.

We did try Isco as a false 9 before when benz got hurt and it didnt work out very well. I would rule him out.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:45 am

I think the main difference between Isco, and Asensio is that Asensio is actually somewhat of a decent goalscorer for his role. I am hopeful he can translate that further up and more central. He looked like a natural in that role in the preseason games so far, but of course- it is only preseason.

Personally I'd like to see more of him there. If nothing else, just as an alternative. Something to shake things up. I don't think Isco has the agility for the role personally.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:46 am

Could see Asensio become a David Villa type of CF to be honest.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:30 am

i was going to leave this alone, i was going to ignore it, but i just can't. you know what, i'll ignore it, so we've gone from being CFs, to modern CFs to false 9s now, have we? what's next? whilst he may be trolling that's a damn good point by @unique
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:00 am

Isn't False 9 just a fancy name for an attacking midfielder?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:13 am

No because an attacking midfielder plays behind a striker but under a false 9 there is no one further up front. Similar skillet tho.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:36 am

titosantill wrote:i was going to leave this alone, i was going to ignore it, but i just can't. you know what, i'll ignore it, so we've gone from being CFs, to modern CFs to false 9s now, have we? what's next? whilst he may be trolling that's a damn good point by @unique

technically, most if not all the responsibilities of the false 9 are covered in the modern cf. the key of the modern cf is versatility after all. thats the whole point. lets not be obtuse here.

False 9s roles and duties depend on the tactics.. benz is more supportive as we have greater attacking threats. whereas messi while not known for it (apparently looking at unique's post), has been deployed as a false 9 with a free role with the team more or less revolving around him over the yea, outscoring everyone with exception to CR7.

False 9s can score goals. they just dont prioritize scoring first as they have much more responsibilities to attend to.

though I must admit, I am quite amused you still hung up over that tito. you taking it way too seriously.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:24 am

false 9 is a footix term.  It doesn't exist.  It's just a AM or winger trying to be a central striker lol.  Teams that don't have a CF start using the term "false 9".

Madrid is using it because we may very well not have a CF if Benzema doesnt wake his ass up.  We may be forced to play guys out of position at the 9.

This is what drives me crazy.  With CR here, not a huge deal although we needed a CF who knew how to make the movements and runs.  NOW, we actually need a *bleep* proper CF.  WHY THE F ARE WE NOT BUYING A CF OR TWO!!!!

Last edited by sportsczy on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:17 pm

lol but we have 5 goalkeepers, i've always said at Real Madrid, we love to do things out of the ordinary and make things unnecessarily interesting. you just gotta love this club
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Brings me to the next rant... WHEN HAS IT EVER WORKED TO ROTATE GOALKEEPERS. SOMEONE TELL ME. You need 1 freakin keeper and then a decent backup. That's it. Odds are the backup never plays too. It's not like goalkeeping is physically hard ffs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:false 9 is a footix term.  It doesn't exist.  It's just a AM or winger trying to be a central striker lol.  Teams that don't have a CF start using the term "false 9".

Madrid is using it because we may very well not have a CF if Benzema doesnt wake his ass up.  We may be forced to play guys out of position at the 9.

I'm not so sure, you are making the false 9 seem like a last resort- it doesn't have to be. It's a tactical decision to help overload the midfield, and rely more on wingers/midfielders for goals.

Pep did that with Messi, and I would hardly say moving Messi central was a last resort. It was a decision, where IMO, we saw the very best from Messi- under Pep in his first couple seasons.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Sports u sound very frustrated... something going on back home? drop a pm m8  ill listen.

false 9 is very real. just not very used often. after all, most average teams still line up with traditional cfs as their wings usually arent good goal threats.

but we are not most teams and especially not an average one at that. for what we aspire to, we must remain ahead of everyone else.

in any case, i see no concern with the attack. especially in light of vinicius and asensio. thought we could use one reinforcement, their performances has put my mind at ease.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down