[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What is your take on Madrid's underwhelming transfer activities?

58% 58% 
[ 18 ]
42% 42% 
[ 13 ]
 
Total Votes : 31

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by McLewis on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:37 pm

Agreed RG. A great discussion indeed. I like the concept of a serious tag.

@Futbol_bill - I'm not going to derail this thread going back and forth with you. PM me if you have more to say.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Posts : 10801
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Freeza on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Considering the whole opening post of the thread was loaded and biased and didn’t really want to offer a discussion I’m surprised it got this serious tag.

Luckily the other posters here can make good points and enhance the discussion that was needed.

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 19993
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:05 pm

@McLewis wrote:Reminder guys (looking at you @Futbol_Bill).....this is a serious thread so no trolling.

On topic - Madrid are entering a major transitional phase. I see nothing particularly special, strange or concerning about that. Every club enters one, especially after an era of such unprecedented success experienced under Zidane and with CR in their team.

When Totti retired, there was genuine uncertainty as to what and how we'd do without him. Despite his legendary and iconic status, we did just fine and made history in the CL. CR is arguably the greatest player to ever play for Madrid at this point, but he is still just 1 player and no player can be bigger than the club just as no coach is bigger than the club. Madrid are something Roma clearly aren't: Elite. Clubs at this level are far more used to these transitional phases than others.

I can't really say how I would view this if I was a Madrid fan as I have never supported an elite club before. These fans are used to winning anything and everything every season. I'm used to to merely Roma winning matches it's not expected to win. The expectations are far too different for answer to be accurate here. I do think those expectations need to be reset though with Lopetegui coming in. Honeymoon periods do not last long at teams like Madrid, but he should get one nonetheless.

Overall, I think Madrid will be fine, just as they've always been over the last 60 years or so.

Great input, but I disagree with you.

One of the reasons we were successful (or at least consistent) over the past 8 years is the fact that we went after great established players.

That policy has completely changed recently for reasons that are still unknown to me, and I think it's going to be pretty much downhill from here, unless we go back to it.

It's great to spend sensibly when you have a complete elite squad. But when you're lacking in certain areas, there's no need to shy away from getting out your checkbook and bringing adequate reinforcements.

Of course this is just my opinion. I truly believe Florentino is digging Madrid's grave with this approach. But we'll see at the end of the season whether or not I was right. I hope I'm wrong though.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4131
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by McLewis on Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:11 am

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:
@McLewis wrote:Reminder guys (looking at you @Futbol_Bill).....this is a serious thread so no trolling.

On topic - Madrid are entering a major transitional phase. I see nothing particularly special, strange or concerning about that. Every club enters one, especially after an era of such unprecedented success experienced under Zidane and with CR in their team.

When Totti retired, there was genuine uncertainty as to what and how we'd do without him. Despite his legendary and iconic status, we did just fine and made history in the CL. CR is arguably the greatest player to ever play for Madrid at this point, but he is still just 1 player and no player can be bigger than the club just as no coach is bigger than the club. Madrid are something Roma clearly aren't: Elite. Clubs at this level are far more used to these transitional phases than others.

I can't really say how I would view this if I was a Madrid fan as I have never supported an elite club before. These fans are used to winning anything and everything every season. I'm used to to merely Roma winning matches it's not expected to win. The expectations are far too different for answer to be accurate here. I do think those expectations need to be reset though with Lopetegui coming in. Honeymoon periods do not last long at teams like Madrid, but he should get one nonetheless.

Overall, I think Madrid will be fine, just as they've always been over the last 60 years or so.

Great input, but I disagree with you.

One of the reasons we were successful (or at least consistent) over the past 8 years is the fact that we went after great established players.

That policy has completely changed recently for reasons that are still unknown to me, and I think it's going to be pretty much downhill from here, unless we go back to it.

It's great to spend sensibly when you have a complete elite squad. But when you're lacking in certain areas, there's no need to shy away from getting out your checkbook and bringing adequate reinforcements.

Of course this is just my opinion. I truly believe Florentino is digging Madrid's grave with this approach. But we'll see at the end of the season whether or not I was right. I hope I'm wrong though.


Only time will tell unfortunately. It's a boring answer, of course, but I think it's accurate.

With the way player prices are being inflated upwards year over year, it's unsustainable to throw hundreds of millions at singular players continually. That model is unstable even for a club like Madrid. Prudence is not at all exciting, but it's very sensible.

_________________
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 10801
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Nivash on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:14 pm

This hullabaloo is entirely predicated on a player and manager leaving, which is to imply that the squad is terrible beyond those two. Sure, the goals need to replaced, but they don't need to be replaced by a single player. I think that it is a settled point that we all want the team to generally be able to contribute as a unit rather than being completely reliant on a single point of focus. In large parts, that appears to be addressed in appointing someone like Lopetegui.

Sure, in years gone by, we've spent big, but our last splurge only saw fruit 4 years later, so it's not like our history of spending was a guarantee of success. It's a combination of the right players, the right coach, and all parties getting to know each other to establish team chemistry.

Of our big spending, the core of the team are those players that have been here for years and gotten to know each other. None of the expensive players came in and immediately had an impact that bore any measurable success.  The whole point of investing in youth over the years has been to create a conveyor belt of talent so that players are ready to step up when those in front of them leave. Now we should just abandon that and buy players about to exit their peaks? The only glaring hole we have is up front, but to that point, there are no feasible additions to be made. Of the options, the principal candidates are:

Cavani (old, likely expensive, and likely also not properly available)
Lewandowski (old, expensive, and possibly unavailable)
Icardi (expensive and, by general accounts, unimpressive (I haven't watched him so can only go on comments I've seen))
Kane (unreasonably expensive and, likely, unavailable)
Neymar (unavailable)
Mbappe (unavailable)
Rodrigo (we're linked to him, but also, likely unavailable unless we pay the buyout which is way more than he's worth)
Mariano (a stop-gap gamble at best, nothing more than a backup at this level, and given that there is no buyout, likely unreasonably expensive considering he'd be offloaded in the short term again anyway)
Martial (the only reasonable gamble worth taking, but his price and likely unavailability don't make sense)
Hazard (unreasonably expensive, and doesn't address the goals issue in any event, also would make adding Mbappe/Neymar next year (on the assumption that one or both might become available) a bit more of a challenge (spending this much money now to effectively make him redundant next year) unless we offload Bale)
Salah (unavailable, expensive, and still needs to prove that he can perform outside of a Klopp system (the history of players under Klopp's system says that players generally can't replicate the same elsewhere)

Thereafter, you're just left with expensive gambles, in which case, why not gamble on the prospects we already have instead of dropping many millions on players that don't justify it.

Noone is trying to say that the likes of Mayoral and De Thomas are players we should be relying on. Arguably, Bale and Benzema should also be/have been replaced, but that hasn't been the case, whether for lack of interested buyers, or because the club is putting some faith in elite reputation players, so it's something we just have to live with (also, they're not exactly terrible in the general scheme of available players, irrespective of my personal opinions on them). However, in the market, there is nothing to be done, whether we throw 100m or 300m, it's not going to make a difference.

Before calling the current administration incompetent and accusing it of undermining the club, suggest what you see as an alternative that they could be doing. If it's going to be spending Ferrari money on a Toyota, or even an Audi, we're just going to have to agree to disagree.


Last edited by Nivash on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Salah)

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 223
Join date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Mr Nick09 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:25 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Great input, but I disagree with you.

One of the reasons we were successful (or at least consistent) over the past 8 years is the fact that we went after great established players.

That policy has completely changed recently for reasons that are still unknown to me, and I think it's going to be pretty much downhill from here, unless we go back to it.

It's great to spend sensibly when you have a complete elite squad. But when you're lacking in certain areas, there's no need to shy away from getting out your checkbook and bringing adequate reinforcements.

Of course this is just my opinion. I truly believe Florentino is digging Madrid's grave with this approach. But we'll see at the end of the season whether or not I was right. I hope I'm wrong though.
The policy changed because it's not sustainable to sign stars every summers, and we started winning. We spent a lot and the result of that was winning 3 CLs, which is about as high as you can go. That's a benchmark.

Of course when you are winning your spending behavior is going to change, specially when you have a core group of players set in stone.

Remember we agreed a deal with Mbappe and then he was concerned about not playing enough because of BBC, so he preferred PSG when they guaranteed he will start? that's the type of problem we ran into.

James came to madrid and ended up on the bench, which superstar signing would have wanted that? Morata came back and wanted to leave right away because he could not play. So when you go meet a confirmed player as you call them, with their agents, and they see Kroos-Casemiro-Mdric in midfield, CL winners.. they ask you where do i play? how do you answer.

Turning to young players in this context was a solution because they have time and they can be patient. And even then it's not a perfect solution because look at Lautaro Martinez for example, we tried to sign him too, and he chose Inter because he knew he would play more.

This is a problem born from our success and the elite XI we have built over the past 5 years. And it's fine, our core group delivered way more than we could have expected

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 29045
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:39 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:The policy changed because it's not sustainable to sign stars every summers, and we started winning.
I never said we should sign stars every summer. But you need to make sure to keep the overall quality intact, something that Madrid is failing miserably at now.

We spent a lot and the result of that was winning 3 CLs, which is about as high as you can go. That's a benchmark.
But what about now? Should we take a break from winning? Barcelona certainly hasn't, and they have been winning major titles almost every season since 2009. On the contrary, they're now spending more than ever before, because they understood that the model Madrid had followed 4 seasons ago (WC starting eleven and a strong bench) is the best approach to guarantee silverware and long-term stability and sustainability.

Of course when you are winning your spending behavior is going to change, specially when you have a core group of players set in stone.
I agree that you shouldn't make unnecessary buys when your team is complete and there's no need for it. But when you lose you best player and sell or loan a bench player every summer, it would be wise to replace them because otherwise you'll end up with an ageing squad and an average bench.

Remember we agreed a deal with Mbappe and then he was concerned about not playing enough because of BBC, so he preferred PSG when they guaranteed he will start? that's the type of problem we ran into.
A smart president should always plan ahead and not let a jewel like Mbappé slip through his fingers. He, of all people, should've known that Ronaldo was unhappy and would inevitably ask to be sold. Mbappé would've been an undisputed starter now with Ronaldo gone.

James came to madrid and ended up on the bench, which superstar signing would have wanted that? Morata came back and wanted to leave right away because he could not play. So when you go meet a confirmed player as you call them, with their agents, and they see Kroos-Casemiro-Mdric in midfield, CL winners.. they ask you where do i play? how do you answer.
Morata left because Zidane kept playing Benzema instead of him even though he was outscoring the Frenchman. Under a different, fairer and better management, he would've stayed. Zidane could've played him enough to keep him satisfied, but the poor guy was completely cut off from the outside world. Same for Kovacic and James. They're not stupid, they know they're not good enough to start over Modric and Kroos. They were simply asking for enough playing time to feel relevant.

But even if we were to assume that their fate was inevitable, you don't replace them with unproven players. Make sure to sign equally talented replacements and not lose the bench that won you so many games.

Turning to young players in this context was a solution because they have time and they can be patient. And even then it's not a perfect solution because look at Lautaro Martinez for example, we tried to sign him too, and he chose Inter because he knew he would play more.
It's not the solution for a team that seeks immediate success. Always keep in mind that your direct rival is relentless and, as opposed to us, they still have their best player. They win major trophies every year. We simply cannot take a break, we have to keep the squad as competitive as humanly possible to stand a chance. Right now, we aren't.

This is a problem born from our success and the elite XI we have built over the past 5 years. And it's fine, our core group delivered way more than we could have expected

I'm sorry Nick, but I can't stop asking for more. You can call me spoiled, you can call whatever you would like, but I like winning more than anything and there's no such thing as "enough trophies" for me.

Florentino raised the bar so high and I can't thank him enough for that. I respect everything he has done for Madrid, and god knows, how difficult it has been for him. That's why I won't stay quiet when I see him doing something I believe it's wrong.

The way he has been handling business the past two years is very questionable, and could've gone better. Way better.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4131
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Mamad on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:48 pm

So far we good :coffee:

_________________

2016 2017 2018
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3505
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:51 pm

I'll tell you what, if they keep playing like this, I'll close this thread myself. And I'll also apologize for creating it.

I want to be proven wrong for the sake of Madrid, but remember it's still too early to go to conclusions.

I predicted in the OP a strong league run, and early CL exit and either a trophyless season or a CDR win. If our guys win a major trophy, this thread will be closed.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4131
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Mamad on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:55 pm

We win Liga and I'm happy. and that needs consistency, selflessness and team work in all games.

_________________

2016 2017 2018
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3505
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Myesyats on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:53 pm

You played Girona and Getafe so far, what are you talking about guys. I'm suprised you didn't beat the latter team 8-0 since they always bend over for you.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 9311
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Mamad on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:57 pm

You played Girona and Getafe so far, what are you talking about guys

Guess what, we lost many points against this kind of teams last season.

_________________

2016 2017 2018
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3505
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by futbol_bill on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:03 pm

@Nivash wrote:This hullabaloo is entirely predicated on a player and manager leaving, which is to imply that the squad is terrible beyond those two. Sure, the goals need to replaced, but they don't need to be replaced by a single player. I think that it is a settled point that we all want the team to generally be able to contribute as a unit rather than being completely reliant on a single point of focus. In large parts, that appears to be addressed in appointing someone like Lopetegui.

Sure, in years gone by, we've spent big, but our last splurge only saw fruit 4 years later, so it's not like our history of spending was a guarantee of success. It's a combination of the right players, the right coach, and all parties getting to know each other to establish team chemistry.

Of our big spending, the core of the team are those players that have been here for years and gotten to know each other. None of the expensive players came in and immediately had an impact that bore any measurable success.  The whole point of investing in youth over the years has been to create a conveyor belt of talent so that players are ready to step up when those in front of them leave. Now we should just abandon that and buy players about to exit their peaks? The only glaring hole we have is up front, but to that point, there are no feasible additions to be made. Of the options, the principal candidates are:

Cavani (old, likely expensive, and likely also not properly available)
Lewandowski (old, expensive, and possibly unavailable)
Icardi (expensive and, by general accounts, unimpressive (I haven't watched him so can only go on comments I've seen))
Kane (unreasonably expensive and, likely, unavailable)
Neymar (unavailable)
Mbappe (unavailable)
Rodrigo (we're linked to him, but also, likely unavailable unless we pay the buyout which is way more than he's worth)
Mariano (a stop-gap gamble at best, nothing more than a backup at this level, and given that there is no buyout, likely unreasonably expensive considering he'd be offloaded in the short term again anyway)
Martial (the only reasonable gamble worth taking, but his price and likely unavailability don't make sense)
Hazard (unreasonably expensive, and doesn't address the goals issue in any event, also would make adding Mbappe/Neymar next year (on the assumption that one or both might become available) a bit more of a challenge (spending this much money now to effectively make him redundant next year) unless we offload Bale)
Salah (unavailable, expensive, and still needs to prove that he can perform outside of a Klopp system (the history of players under Klopp's system says that players generally can't replicate the same elsewhere)

Thereafter, you're just left with expensive gambles, in which case, why not gamble on the prospects we already have instead of dropping many millions on players that don't justify it.

Noone is trying to say that the likes of Mayoral and De Thomas are players we should be relying on. Arguably, Bale and Benzema should also be/have been replaced, but that hasn't been the case, whether for lack of interested buyers, or because the club is putting some faith in elite reputation players, so it's something we just have to live with (also, they're not exactly terrible in the general scheme of available players, irrespective of my personal opinions on them). However, in the market, there is nothing to be done, whether we throw 100m or 300m, it's not going to make a difference.

Before calling the current administration incompetent and accusing it of undermining the club, suggest what you see as an alternative that they could be doing. If it's going to be spending Ferrari money on a Toyota, or even an Audi, we're just going to have to agree to disagree.


What a great post! I just saw it now as I had been warned by McLewis that I wasn’t taking this thread as serious ( it’s marked as such) because I took a shot at Sports!

I couldn’t agree more and just look at last post of DoC to see whether or not initial intent of this thread should be considered serious or not!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3844
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:06 pm

What do you mean, Bill. When did I ever give the impression that I wasn't serious? And what's wrong with my last post?

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4131
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:53 pm

First real test, we get our asses handed to us.

Renovate the stadium and neglect the squad. Perez you beauty Proud

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4131
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:58 pm

A football stadium is a pretty important thing for a football club tbf

_________________
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 26055
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:11 pm

yep they are digging their own grave.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4131
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by sportsczy on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:33 pm

Might as well bring Wenger if you're going to spend all your money on a stadium imo... he has the story down pat.

_________________
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 17648
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Art Morte on Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Gotta give credit to Zidane for realizing this aging RM team was declining and deciding to quit before his reputation was dragged down with these players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16415
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Harmonica on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Half year mark, and they've improved:

17-18 4th, group second, r16
18-19 4th, group winner, r16

_________________
- Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe Argentine people any more. You've given them everything.
- Not everything. Not yet.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 11640
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Mamad on Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:20 pm

:coffee:

_________________

2016 2017 2018
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3505
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:45 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Look, maybe I'm overreacting. Maybe I'm missing something. So I would like to hear the neutrals and non-Madrid fans take on this.

I truly believe that Real Madrid are digging their own grave and have been doing so for the past two years.
I'm sure most of you have intentionally or not come across one of my gazillion posts where I mercilessly criticize the way the board has been handling business in the transfer market, so I'm not going to bore you with the details. Let's just say that I'm absolutely repulsed by Madrid's newfound, borderline -cheap policy of doing nothing while everybody else in Europe is killing themselves for the scarce world-class talent available.

Please do not answer this sarcastically, I really need you to be serious on this one. If you were a Madrid fan, would you be okay with the way Florentino has been conducting business? I understand that he wanted to cash in on a 33-year old Ronaldo after getting the best years of his career. But is it normal not to replace him? Would you be okay to have only past-it Benzema and injury-prone Bale spearheading your attack? Is it wise to bet on unproven Brazilian teenagers and completely abandon the free-spending policy that has brought him so much success?

Please feel free to answer the poll with the option that best mirrors your views and maybe a couple of predictions on the upcoming season.

I'll start: I predict Madrid to stay competitive in the league until the end of the season but won't win it. We'll crash out from the CL at the round of 16 and maybe end up winning the CDR (if we're lucky).

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4131
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:28 pm

Real Madrid will surely splash money on shiny expensive players in the summer right?

Hazard - Icardi - Salah is what I'm expecting at least.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 16068
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Doc on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:48 pm

All 3 would be a huge upgrade to what we have. Actually, the current forwards at Ajax would be a huge upgrade to what we have.

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12699
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by futbol on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:05 pm

As I said at the beginning of the season: Back to the Round of 16 CL exits just like in the good old pre Ronaldo era.

Hazard dribbling the corner flag wouldn't have changed much either today by the way.

_________________

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10617
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Doc on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:07 pm

I'll wait till this becomes an actual pattern before I take your predictions seriously.

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12699
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum