The Madrid One
S
Kaladin
Luca
The Demon of Carthage
42 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What is your take on Madrid's underwhelming transfer activities?

[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 4 Vote_lcap58%[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 4 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 18 ]
[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 4 Vote_lcap42%[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 4 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 31

[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 4 Empty Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Doc Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:07 pm

I'll wait till this becomes an actual pattern before I take your predictions seriously.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 4 Empty Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by futbol Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:09 pm

Doc wrote:I'll wait till this becomes an actual pattern before I take your predictions seriously.

You will go out in the R16 next season as well. And Mourinho will complain on the sideline that VAR didn't use NASA technology optical zoom.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:16 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Hazard - Icardi - Salah is what I'm expecting at least.

The funny thing is that a lot of Madrid fans scuffed at these transfers at some point.

They didn't want Hazard because they have Asensio ( lol )
They didn't want Icardi because he's a "simple poacher".
They didn't want the likes of Salah and Bernardo Silva back in 2017 because they weren't "proven".

You know who you are. :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:19 pm

Getting eliminated by Ajax without Ronaldo vs getting eliminated by Roma, Juve and Atleti with Messi the goat. pick one.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:21 pm

Demon deserves an apology from a lot of people.

He's being dramatic, biased, negative, overhating on Benzema etc. Guess what, he was absolutely right. Even called a round of 16 exit. I mean any fool could see that whatever was Perez's plan for the season, it was ridiculously asinine. Sell the best player in the world and replace him with absolutely no one. You lost a player who scores 50 goals for you each season hoping that its picked up by an injury prone player, a past it CF and an 18 year old? Hire someone who is considered the worst coach in Porto's recent history to replace a 3 time CL winner and guess what? But nah act smug when Getafe is smashed, claim Benzema is unchained after he hits double figures after two whole years, and then blame the "Ronaldo mentality" when you lose.

Maybe you can claim its a long term plan but there is no such thing as a good long term plan in football that starts with a disastrous season. The squad needs to be rebuilt and you can trust Perez to do next season or the season after what he SHOULD have done this season. We all laughed at Liverpool when they bought in Lambert, Balotelli, Lallana etc to replace Suarez but at least they tried something. Replacing Ronaldo with no one is one of the stupidest moves in football history.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:25 pm

@M99, what you get wrong is that Madrid made the choice not to make the wrong signing for ridiculous amount of money. This in my opinion was a very conscious choice, and the result against Ajax doesnt change that.

Replacing Ronaldo is not something you have to do the same summer that he leaves, just as it took CR 4 years in madrid to win his first champions league to justify his transfer.

You can't be shortsighted in this situation, and this is what Demon, and a lot of people here are being.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:30 pm

farfan wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

The funny thing is that a lot of Madrid fans scuffed at these transfers at some point.

They didn't want the likes of Salah and Bernardo Silva back in 2017 because they weren't "proven".

Ok so Perez was never gonna get Salah or B.Silva in 2017. Just, not gonna happen and Nick hates poachers (even though Icardi is kinda not one but whatever). The Asensio one, yeah, I really had hope for Asensio, still do but I would admit, didn't want Hazard due to Isco and Asensio. Obviously I'm fine with it now but whatever.

Also, yeah, the other DoC was spot on in his assessment. I mean, not that hard to see the writings but he was spot on.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:31 pm

Mamad wrote:Getting eliminated by Ajax without Ronaldo vs getting eliminated by Roma, Juve and Atleti with Messi the goat. pick one.

Rejoice in your misery. Go on vacation somewhere because your season is over.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:33 pm

If anyone hasn't realised by now, Madrid (more specifically Perez and Sanchez) is waiting for the "next best thing". You know, that type of forward you can literally build a marketing campaign behind while knowing he is gonna deliver week in/week out. Like Ronaldo did, in a sense lol.

The Salah's and Icardi's of the footballing world don't quite cut it for those 2.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:36 pm

farfan wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

all these arguments are false false false farfan, find a new slant
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:46 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:@M99, what you get wrong is that Madrid made the choice not to make the wrong signing for ridiculous amount of money. This in my opinion was a very conscious choice, and the result against Ajax doesnt change that.

Replacing Ronaldo is not something you have to do the same summer that he leaves, just as it took CR 4 years in madrid to win his first champions league to justify his transfer.

You can't be shortsighted in this situation, and this is what Demon, and a lot of people here are being.

I think its time to stop pretending Madrid have been frugal and smart with their money. You spent 35 million on Courtois, 45 million on Rodrygo Goes and 30 million on Ordiozola. A keeper when you already have a great keeper, a backup RB (when Hakimi who is doing great on Dortmund was already there), and an 18 year old thats out on loan (you already have Vinicius anyway!). Unnecessary transfers. That 100 million would have easily gotten Icardi, Juve was going to buy him until Ronaldo fell on their lap. Hazard pretty much openly said he wants to go to Madrid after the World Cup, his contract is expiring next year, a 60 million bid could have very well goten him in Madrid.

Even in January when things were apparent, Perez just buys Brahimi Diaz and proclaims Benzema the best number 9 in the world.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:53 pm

Icardi has never interested Madrid, this has not been explained in the Madrid press. An unwillingness maybe to do business with Wanda, but that's it. Let's not pretend here that that he could have singlehandily changed the fate of this season.

Also, we asked Chelsea to deal Hazard last summer and they blocked it. You want us to kidnap him?

Which world class player should we have signed in January? fans do this shit all the time, , they ask for imaginary signings like clubs are forced to sell to us for a discount. we are not broke, nor are we unwilling to spend money. We simply wont do it to sign questionable players, like spending 150 mil on coutinho was super stupid. Also the strategy to spend on building a deep and strong squad is one that has worked before and can't be questioned.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:04 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
farfan wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

all these arguments are false false false farfan, find a new slant

I'm not really trying to make any arguments. Just pointing out that some Madrid fans here would love to have 2 or 3 of the players that they deemed not good enough or not necessary a couple of years ago.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:05 am

Let's not pretend he's not a world class finisher, and our single most consistent problem this season hasn't been finishing hmm I don't like to talk in IFs and BUTs, but I can't imagine a scenario where he wouldn't be a decisive addition to our starting lineup. We miss more sitters collectively in a single game, than he misses in an entire season. I have no doubt that he would be an upgrade.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:10 am

farfan wrote:
I'm not really trying to make any arguments. Just pointing out that some Madrid fans here would love to have 2 or 3 of the players that they deemed not good enough or not necessary a couple of years ago.

saying we did not want Hazard over asensio when we actually tried to sign Hazard is false. Saying we did not want Icardi is again false because the club did not even try to sign him. Saying we did not want Salah or Silva is also false because we did not try to sign him.

What are you saying exactly? that we are at fault for not signing any player who becomes good for another team? or that fans here dictate the transfer policy of Real Madrid.

Also, this is a the first year in 4 seasons where we are not massively succesful. you lots need to chill, we won like no other club ever, and this is a transition to a new cycle like it happened to every other team which had a successful era in every team sports you can think of lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:12 am

i wish Icardi with his marvelous finishing could have helped Inter past the first round, but here we are reminiscing of a cuck who would have saved our entire season.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:21 am

You're overthinking it Nick. Laughing My post was simply a jab aimed at certain posters for their takes on specific players, it's not a commentary on Madrid's actual transfer policy.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:25 am

I wouldn't trade our chance creation for Inter's finishing, if that's what you're suggesting hmm Either way, if we don't get a proficient finisher next season, I don't know what we're supposed to do.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:38 am

yes, this is a correct assessment. there is no way forward without a number 9
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:53 am

Let's not pretend that the signs of decline weren't evident last year despite winning CL (we lost La Liga and CDR by March as well).

Let's not pretend that our transfer policy is ingenious and part of some greater master plan.

And most importantly, let's not pretend that being out of all competitions by March 6th is anything other than a complete disaster and one of the worse seasons in modern Real Madrid history. Not only are we shit, we're boring to boot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:34 am

unless we keep this exact same team next season, with absolutely no change, we are sure to end up spending more than we thought we would have been saving in the summer.

now if, if we can get a good manager, who has done his homework, is familiar with our team, and has a list of players that fit what he wants to do we, may not have to bleed our pockets.....but these days i doubt that's the case. the market will not go down anytime soon. and clubs know the situation madrid is in.

unless we keep this same squad (which will be mightily foolish, as it was last summer and the summer before), we have no way around spending. aside from hoping we just sign a bunch of kids and hope they become all stars in another "charge it to the game" season. and watch barcelona carry titles in the process
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:34 am

Meh, we've been so successful with the 4/5 CL run that i can't help but feel apathetic about all this. My only gripe is that by the end of the season we will only have 7 more league titles than Barcelona, and the average throughout history has been a 10 title difference. Perez either needs to act accordingly this summer or be assassinated.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:43 am

I think the true miracle here is that they extended their relevance way past when they should have. For instance last season they were completely found out in the league yet clutched their way to a CL. These results, for these players, with these managers, at least start to make a little sense.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:50 am

League results are a combination of talent, depth and motivation.  Last season, our starting 11 was supremely talented... but we lacked both depth and motivation to start the season which was too much to overcome given Barca's first half of the season.  We won CL...  deservedly so if you see who we beat to win...  because our starting 11 was supremely talented and CR was back to being CR after an awful start to the season (he had 5 goals all comps come January). And despite what people say, Zidane was masterful both in terms of man management and tactics during this CL run. We got it absolutely right in the elimination rounds against the elite teams.

This season, age eroded our talent while depth and motivation are actually worse... and no CR.  We also realized that a competent manager is a must.

Elite sports comes down to details and management stopped paying attention to the details.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:54 am

And we won 4 out 5 CLs... our relevance both in the present and in history is unquestioned.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:55 am

sportsczy wrote:Let's not pretend that the signs of decline weren't evident last year despite winning CL (we lost La Liga and CDR by March as well).

Let's not pretend that our transfer policy is ingenious and part of some greater master plan.

And most importantly, let's not pretend that being out of all competitions by March 6th is anything other than a complete disaster and one of the worse seasons in modern Real Madrid history. Not only are we shit, we're boring to boot.
Hmm, i don't think you are right at all.

There is a masterplan, if you look back 9 years ago when Perez came back with JAS. They put in place foundations which later led to 2 la liga and 4 Champions league in the past 9 years, including a CL threepeat. I would argue, and probably win the argument, that no club has had a more prestigious record in that time.

Tonight, if you are purposely choosing to ignore these facts to shit on Perez and what he did in madrid, as if he was poor in the past 9 years, then you are wrong. you have the right to complain but you are wrong nonetheless.

So my point is, dont be shortsighted, the history of our club did not start in the summer 2018. If they achieved what they achieved by making choices, and winning so much in the process, it's probably because they are way more competent than you give them credit for.

Now this doesnt suggest that will continue to do it ad infinitum. and it's fair to criticize them if they make the wrong decisions, but let's see how they rebuild the team here first
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next