sportsczy
Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
21 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid - Page 5 Empty Re: Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Exactly what I said before the game, he needs to be courageous otherwise he won't succeed. He needs the young players to succeed so he needs to trust them otherwise he will fail.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:24 pm

Lol, that is some gross exaggeration. Lopetegui made a bet with his squad selection and it ultimately didn't pay off because of some extraordinary goals, and that's it. If anything his bigger mistakes prob had to do with the game management during the game once Casemiro got injured.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:54 am

Playing a bunch of kids against 2nd team competition and/or no intensity games is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT than a game where there's an elite opponent in front of you and there's something to be won (although not hugely important).  And this especially after a WC where top players are either taking the summer completely off or aren't trying hard if they do come back.

The kids aren't the answer as regulars.  Not for a while.  Maybe never.  I'll say it now and I'll keep saying it.  Ceballos, arguably our best looking kid in the preseason, got eaten alive.

They need to help with rotation and that's it. I'm skeptical on that front too other than Odriozola. Our bench consists of Nacho, Vasquez, Odriozola, Mayoral, one of Isco/Ascensio and maybe Ceballos. That's as far as it goes. And I have little faith in 2 of them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:09 pm

You call it how you want but that final was just a preseason game. it's a nothing trophy. To me, if you spend a month playing guys like Reguilon, Llorente, Valverde, Vinicius etc... in preseason to just bench them for guys who have 1 week of training then i see it as a mistake.

We should have won that game, we had it under control, but you look at guys like Marcelo and Varane who were mainly responsible for the 2-2 and 2-3, who made uncharacteristic mistakes because they were tired.

Young players need to taste competition to get better, and to work harder. If as soon as a good team shows up you just bench them all, then they wont deliver for you when you need most.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:50 pm

You don't play a game thinking you're going to go to extra time.  We were fine in regular time... more than fine.  Should have won it actually.

Marcelo and Casemiro shouldn't have started to begin with.   But they did... which likely means that Lopo doesn't trust the kids.  And he shouldn't.  The only kids that show great talent to me are...  Asensio and Odriozola.  That's it.  The other ones are middle table La Liga quality to me (at best).

Not playing Nacho for Marcelo is the only one I really question.  But it's not a egregious mistake.  You can always understand playing Marcelo given what he can do on the nights he feels like it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Nacho ain't a child so he should have totally started instead of Marcelo. Also, I'll admit, nothing was wrong with Casemiro since it was Varane, Ramos and Marcelo that did most if not all the damage anyway.

In any case, this match would have been way too much for Reguillon. Let him gradually get accustom to La Liga. Llorente, well, we wasn't gonna start regardless so forget that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:06 pm

What's this blabbering about Marcelo? He lost gas in the end. He was excellent and our most dangerous player after Asensio in the first half!

Blame J Lo for not subbing him off but subbing Asensio who probably had more in him :brickwall:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:25 pm

Marcelo was poor throughout in my opinion. I would have definitely started Nacho there 100 out of 100 times. I was also curious why Asensio got subbed, I thought he could have used more time.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:38 pm

My big thing is that our subs should have been defensive to end the regular time when we were ahead. Ceballos in for Casemiro was a mistake. Even if you don't like Llorente... he's better than Kroos at the holding position. Better yet, bring on nacho and move Marcelo in the midfield lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:52 pm

I had thought about this, and I am not sure if it has been discussed, but that could have been a Mourinho-esque cut off the nose to spite the face kinda move- to not sub in Llorente.

It is obvious we need someone to backup Casemiro, and it has come out that Lopetegui doesn't believe Llorente is good enough. That could have been a move to force Perez's hand to sign a better defensive CM.

Slightly a tinfoil hat theory but it did enter my brain when I came to think about it.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5